Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Jin'rokh the breaker - Start Dps at first Pool??

Just wondering about people's thoughts on this or if anyone has tried it? With the proc from the shado-pan trinket being ~40% increase in agility and it procing at the pull where you don't benefit from the 40% increased damage of the pool. Would it be worth it to wait on dps until you're in the first pool and then poping your potion and all cds with the trinket and bloodlust? Would this huge peroid of burst make up for the first 30 sec of no dps?

Deleted
    Pop them in the first pool.

No. Absolutely not.

The amount of damage you would do before the pool spawns would be much greater than if you waited to DPS.

Deleted
    Unequip and re-equip the trinket ~1min before engaging the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Draigars View Post
    Why have I never thought of doing this...
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Draigars View Post
    Trinkets are put on a 30 second CD, not the whole CD, no?

It is not just trinkets. It is prepot as well.

In my experience of Jin'rohk HC, they are very similar over the first minute. Over the whole fight, it will depend on your raid dps. If you kill him in under about 4 mins 40, it is best to Vendetta at the start. If it is more like 5 mins 20, then Vendetta in the first pool.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Why have I never thought of doing this...
    If you know you aren't sacrificing an entire proc for the fight, this isn't a bad idea. Usually, though, doing something like this would waste most, if not all, of a proc.

My guild pops lust at the beginning of the fight instead of waiting, because that's when everyone's prepots and trinkets are up. Using your CDs in tandem is generally the way to go, in my experience.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    Nope, the whole CD, 105s.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jtstormrage View Post
    It is not just trinkets. It is prepot as well.

In my experience of Jin'rohk HC, they are very similar over the first minute. Over the whole fight, it will depend on your raid dps. If you kill him in under about 4 mins 40, it is best to Vendetta at the start. If it is more like 5 mins 20, then Vendetta in the first pool.
    This is the best description. Model your actions to how your raid does the fight, and know the buff is 40%. Losing 1 vendetta is not worth pushing 2 into pools (unless they line up with significantly more CDs), but if you have the same # of CDs, use them all in pools. In our case, we use Hero with ~10s remaining on the potion CD and use the double-pot that early in the fight (for better or worse!) so all of my major CDs get used first there. Do not WAIT to DPS regardless. That's just going to hurt you.

The trinket reequipping tip is interesting, too.

Unless I'm missing something, the OP isn't asking about delaying or not delaying cooldowns which several of you are talking about. He is asking if he should literally stand there and do nothing until he can get into a pool...

Pool or no, you would almost definitely lose more dps by not attacking (and thus not triggering your trinkets) before you get into a pool than you would if you just took off your shaopan trinket and raided with an empty trinket spot. 30 seconds on a maybe 6 minute fight (if normal probably more like 4) is a ridiculous amount of time to not be dpsing.

Since my guild kills it before I get to use my 2nd SB, I just delay my SB for first pool where TW is popped.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    Unless I'm missing something, the OP isn't asking about delaying or not delaying cooldowns which several of you are talking about. He is asking if he should literally stand there and do nothing until he can get into a pool...

Pool or no, you would almost definitely lose more dps by not attacking (and thus not triggering your trinkets) before you get into a pool than you would if you just took off your shaopan trinket and raided with an empty trinket spot. 30 seconds on a maybe 6 minute fight (if normal probably more like 4) is a ridiculous amount of time to not be dpsing.
    You are right. Having read the post properly and not just the title, he is indeed asking if we should bnot do ANY dps until the first pool.

I think the answer is certainly "no". There is a good 20-30 seconds before the first pool spawns and there is no way the extra damage in the pool pahse makes up for that overall.

15+ Year Old Account
    No reason not to start damaging the boss from the start, but all things considered it would be a waste of cd (unless you talk about pots) to use it before the first pool due to the added damage it gives.

Unless there is something I completely missed obviously.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandible View Post
    No reason not to start damaging the boss from the start, but all things considered it would be a waste of cd (unless you talk about pots) to use it before the first pool due to the added damage it gives.

Unless there is something I completely missed obviously.
    What you completely missed was that this is a trinket he wants to time and not a cd. You don't get to pick when it goes off. Even if you game it by unequipping it 60 seconds before the pull, you are still locked in and don't have a choice.

I don't think anyone, including the OP, has suggested it might be a good idea to pop ven/sb without lust and without the 40% damage from the pool.

As far as gaming the trinket, I'd say it is probably worth it however we don't generally get 60 second pull timers so I'm not sure how feasible that is. If a bit of extra dps was possibly the difference between a kill and a wipe, sure that might fly, but even on heroic, Jin isn't exactly a dps check.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    I don't think anyone, including the OP, has suggested it might be a good idea to pop ven/sb without lust and without the 40% damage from the pool.
    That is exactly what I was suggesting actually, but it really depends on your raid dps.

If your raid dps is high (you kill him in ~4 mins), save Vendetta and SB for the first pool, so you use it about 0.30 and then again at about 3.20-3.30 during execute.

If your raid dps is not that high (you kill him in ~5 mins), use Vendetta and SB immediately so you get three uses of Vendetta (0 mins, 2 mins and then just after 4 mins) (save second SB for last Vendetta during execute).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    Equipping a trinket triggers two things: a 30 sec CD for on-use effects, and/or the ICD for procs effects.

I wanted to follow up after last nights raid and tell people how things went. First of all i appreciate everyone that has taken the time to respond to the thread I think some interesting information came out of it about gaming the trinket a little bit by unequipping and reequipping it as well as when to pop your cds as your raid dps increases and you kill the fight faster. I managed to time the trinket to proc during the first pool by the equipping trick and noticed a significant increase in my dps during the pool phase over previous kills. We pop cds and lust during the pool on all of our kills and have been downing the boss ~4min 30 sec (for some reason we always lose one dps). This week during the pool phase (with trinket procing and blowing all my cds) my dps peaked at ~ 241k where as before it was peaking at just over 200K (these are the numbers showing on recount as the fight progresses not from logs, so this is not my burst dps but my overall dps at that point in the fight). We didn't lose any dps this week on our kill and downed it in 3min 1 sec (the fast kill time prolly more a result of the all dps living). My final dps was about 20k higher (also prolly more dependent on all dps living). I wish i had logs to post but the person that runs them for our guild forgot to run them at all last night.

link to previous logs http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...e/?s=377&e=641
    armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...moris/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Lachtobi View Post
    Equipping a trinket triggers two things: a 30 sec CD for on-use effects, and/or the ICD for procs effects.
    Gotcha. Thanks.