EU SWTOR Servers: 2.0 game load time increased?

After 2.0 went live, I am getting abnormally high load time for the game from the time I hit "play" on the launcher until the time I get to my character screen.

Curiously my HDD light isn't indicating any HDD activity during loading. I am wondering if anyone else is experiencing something similar or maybe that's because I switched my HDD's today from IDE to AHCI?

I am a subscriber btw.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

nothing changed from me with 2.0 but i had this HUGE increase in load time after after being hit by the patch 1.7.3a fiasco (finally got it running with launcher/exe in win7 compatibiltiey mode) but ever since then the loading times are bonkers

Quote Originally Posted by Recar View Post
    nothing changed from me with 2.0 but i had this HUGE increase in load time after after being hit by the patch 1.7.3a fiasco (finally got it running with launcher/exe in win7 compatibiltiey mode) but ever since then the loading times are bonkers
    OoOoOoOoO

All servers are down at the moment. 1 minute previously I got a message "Servers cannot be retrieved" and the game crashed. Looks like this is a server issue. 2.0 launch is proving to be a fiasco.

Seems to me that their servers are crashing from a massive influx of players hence the increased loading time b/c the game cannot retrieve the servers fast enough.

Edit: Right now servers appear to be up, but the game is listing me as having "-1" characters in all servers, and my toons are gone.

---------- Post added 2013-04-09 at 04:31 PM ----------

Getting this message:

Edit2: Unable to retrieve server list, error code 4001.

Then when I press "okay" the game crashes.
    Last edited by Sturmbringe; 2013-04-09 at 04:32 PM.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    Right now servers appear to be up, but the game is listing me as having "-1" characters in all servers, and my toons are gone.
    I was going to log on tonight but...

I think I will just wait a little bit

o_O
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, could it be heavy serverload? US servers had that issue earlier when everyone was trying to log on.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Hmm, could it be heavy serverload? US servers had that issue earlier when everyone was trying to log on.
    Hello Forsedar. Yes, I think so too. Let's see if they are going to be able to solve it. BTW, I play a Bounty Hunter. Are you aware of any Bounty Hunter 2.0 PvP guides? Thanks in advance.