Page 6 of 66 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
16
56
... LastLast
  1. #101
    The Lightbringer slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    USA PA
    Posts
    3,688
    I am still having a dilemma over whether I think it's okay that Blizz basically said to continue with this quest chain you will need to pay us $30 (or whatever 2 months costs you). I'm not talking about the rng stones that drop - but 6k valor is nothing more than capping valor for 6 weeks. Not hard to do, but no amount of playing will accelerate this - you will simply have to subscribe and play valor cap for 2 months - if not more for people who might not cap or be able to weekly.
    Last edited by slime; 2013-05-12 at 02:28 PM.

  2. #102
    3/12 and 3 weeks

  3. #103
    The Lightbringer slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    USA PA
    Posts
    3,688
    Quote Originally Posted by BatteredSausage View Post
    Im 3/12 and just did my 2nd week of tot lfr. (got 2 first week after getting quest and 1 yesterday)
    My luck was so crap on the first part and ive no doubt this will be the same.

    From what I am reading here, it sounds like your luck is already better than mosts for this part of the chain.

  4. #104
    The Patient Sir Nikotin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Internetz
    Posts
    204
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    I'm not talking about the rng stones that drop - but 6k valor is nothing more than capping valor for 6 weeks. Not hard to do, but no amount of playing will accelerate this - you will simply have to subscribe and play valor cap for 2 months - if not more for people who might not cap or be able to weekly.
    That's why they nerf it to 3k valor in 5.3
    LF something funny to place here.

    English isn't my native, sorry for possible mistakes

  5. #105
    ^and to counter that they added in a rng quest that takes just as long or possibly even longer, i would rather they just straight up made it a vp grind rather than some sugar coated blue post about not repeating the 6k valor quest only to be hit with another one that's just as long or even longer.
    Last edited by Sweetimpact; 2013-05-12 at 03:04 PM.

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    I am still having a dilemma over whether I think it's okay that Blizz basically said to continue with this quest chain you will need to pay us $30 (or whatever 2 months costs you). I'm not talking about the rng stones that drop - but 6k valor is nothing more than capping valor for 6 weeks. Not hard to do, but no amount of playing will accelerate this - you will simply have to subscribe and play valor cap for 2 months - if not more for people who might not cap or be able to weekly.
    I'm confused. Why would anyone subscribe just to valor cap for that quest?

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    From what I am reading here, it sounds like your luck is already better than mosts for this part of the chain.
    Yea but still got a way to go, rng could make it so i dont get another one for a week or 2 or more we will have to see as its not consistent.
    Same could be said about those with 0/12 , next week they could get 3 or 4 who knows.
    I dont raid with the guild im in , i gave that up last year so those that do run lfr and guild raids have better odds than others. (assuming they drop of the same boss in lfr and normal/heroics in the same week, that i do not know).

  8. #108
    Pandaren Monk Of-the-horde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Frankfurt am Main
    Posts
    1,905
    Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    I'm confused. Why would anyone subscribe just to valor cap for that quest?
    Me because I wanted to keep up with the quest chain. I'm crazy right? :P
    I was pretty much done with everything reps @ exalted and I dont raid with a guild so I was done could have canceled sub and wait but this valor quest kept me active as 6 weeks is just too much to be behind.

    OT: 3/12 first week.

  9. #109
    High Overlord Wessrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    100
    Currently at 7/13 after... 4 weeks? Can't really remember.

    Also slacked and missed some chances as I sat out some bosses and didn't bother doing them on LFR but 7 isn't too bad I guess.
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssrow/advanced
    Kazzak EU 14/14 Heroic [RETIRED FROM PLAYING AS OF JANUARY 2014]

  10. #110
    The Patient Sir Nikotin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Internetz
    Posts
    204
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetimpact View Post
    ^and to counter that they added in a rng quest that takes just as long or possibly even longer, i would rather they just straight up made it a vp grind rather than some sugar coated blue post about not repeating the 6k valor quest only to be hit with another one that's just as long or even longer.
    But, well, this long quest is tied to current raid content. And award is really, really great (while award for valor quest is equal to 0.5 profession bonus) , so why should it be easy to get?
    LF something funny to place here.

    English isn't my native, sorry for possible mistakes

  11. #111
    did some LFR this week, sadly still on 1/12 so far.

  12. #112
    Reyzzz
    Because the quest was designed to be done in current tier(patch), not when next part released. By next part i'm talking about 5.4 and new raid with new "legendary reward".

    I'm pretty sure patch 5.3 is 2-3weeks away. I wanted to get atleast 8 before the 5.3, but so far no luck at all.

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by Wessrow View Post
    Currently at 7/13 after... 4 weeks? Can't really remember.

    Also slacked and missed some chances as I sat out some bosses and didn't bother doing them on LFR but 7 isn't too bad I guess.
    I'd count yourself extremely lucky especially if you were skipping bosses. I'm at 2 after 3½ weeks of clears, which was 22 boss kills that could have dropped one for me. Based on this thread and what our raid group has gotten, droprate is probably something like 10-15%.
    Last edited by paraalso; 2013-05-12 at 04:11 PM.

  14. #114
    Stood in the Fire Bloodfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Hell Land, You Don't Want to Know
    Posts
    458
    1/12 for 3 weeks.
    EPIC random.

  15. #115
    2 the first week, one last week, 0 this week.

    You thought tablets were RNG ? Try runestones :P.
    Made by mountandpetlover, big thanks !

  16. #116
    The Lightbringer thunderdragon2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    scotland
    Posts
    3,252
    im on that quest on 2 toons the runestones work the same way as the sigils and secrets even in normal and heroic its automaticly put into ur bag if u win the hidden roll

    my hunter is on 7/12 after 4 weeks my pala (main) 3/12 after 2 weeks

    so its VERY random

  17. #117
    I was in that first round of quest-completers (not sure exactly how long ago that was), and I've gotten 0 every single week... except for 1 week where I got 3. I hate this quest with a passion.
    Marshmallows - 10/13H - Recruiting hunter/warlock
    Latest kill vid: Heroic Primordius (10) (from Natoro)

  18. #118
    Mechagnome Lethora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    634
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodfire View Post
    1/12 for 3 weeks.
    EPIC random.
    Same here. Some people in my guild have 7 already.
    Lethora, 90 Protection Paladin, Shadowsong-EU
    Amberglow, 90 Assassination Rogue, Shadowsong-EU
    Raiding 25man, 10hrs/week, 14/14H.

  19. #119
    High Overlord Neoxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    171
    Still 0/12 after 3 weeks ...
    /sadface

  20. #120
    Yup, yet another week of 0/6

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •