Page 5 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xploits View Post
    Ra-den is same shitty drop rate as the rest. 0 Runestones in 4 weeks. Completed 13/13 Heroic. RNG is RNG.
    To me it looks like the only legendary thing about this legendary questline is its Legendary RNG.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetimpact View Post
    It's not like they didn't mention about not wanting to have a repeat of "A test of valor" right?
    Just cut the bullshit and slap a 6k valor requirement onto it.
    Thing is, 6k valor would still be 10 times faster than Runestones.

I have been on the quest for 4 weeks now. That means 6*4 boss kills. (each boss only counts once)

24 kills. I have 2 stones.

At this rate, it will take 144 kills for me to complete this quest.

This is 12 raid weeks.

This is 3 months of full clears.

I will have my runestones 1-2 months into Siege of Orgrimmar. Or, you know, TWO "tests of valor"

still collecting secrets ...had one week with 0 drops and 2 weeks with 1 drop ....currently stuck von 18/20 - would love to bitch about rune stones

1st week i got 2 runestnes out of the first 3 bosses. three week laters, i still got 2 runestones. 18 bosses down

If I have already killed the 6 bosses that are eligable to drop the runestones this week in order to get enough Secrets of the empire this week to finish that, can I kill them again for a chance at runestones? Or do I have to wait until next week before I can start collecting runestones.

The former was the case for the drop from Sha of Fear for the final quest of the first part, if you killed him already in the week, then later got the quest to get the chimera of fear he would drop it when you killed him again.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    If I have already killed the 6 bosses that are eligable to drop the runestones this week in order to get enough Secrets of the empire this week to finish that, can I kill them again for a chance at runestones? Or do I have to wait until next week before I can start collecting runestones.
    Well, someone posted in here they went back in on the same week after they'd already killed them (but weren't on the quest the first time) and got drops, so it looks like it. I figured this wouldn't be the case, argh, so I've missed out on one potential week of drops : /

My question: is the method of obtaining runestones you win the same as secrets ? As in -- if you do it in LFR they are auto-looted to you, and if you do it in normal you have to loot the boss ?
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    1/12 after 2 weeks of clears since I got the quest. Some people in my guild got 4 stones in 1 week. Stupid RNG.

Deleted
    3 weeks full clears, mixed normal&heroic modes - 5/12 ;(

Zero this week, still at 5/12, zzzzz.

I'm at 0 after 4 weeks. Thinking of submitting a bug report. I've actually now given up hope on even seeing this part of the chain completed while this expansion is current.

only at 4/12, just 1 runestone drop this week This is gonna take forever

Week 1 - 2, week 2 -1, week 3 - 0, week 4 - 0.
    What da OOK?
    Seems like many ppl will get the cloaks in patch 5.4...

At 3/12 after 12 kills, so a neat 25% chance so far for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Naggash View Post
    Week 1 - 2, week 2 -1, week 3 - 0, week 4 - 0.
    What da OOK?
    Seems like many ppl will get the cloaks in patch 5.4...
    Why do you need it before?

Deleted
    i got 3 damn stones

Im 3/12 and just did my 2nd week of tot lfr. (got 2 first week after getting quest and 1 yesterday)
    My luck was so crap on the first part and ive no doubt this will be the same.

I am still having a dilemma over whether I think it's okay that Blizz basically said to continue with this quest chain you will need to pay us $30 (or whatever 2 months costs you). I'm not talking about the rng stones that drop - but 6k valor is nothing more than capping valor for 6 weeks. Not hard to do, but no amount of playing will accelerate this - you will simply have to subscribe and play valor cap for 2 months - if not more for people who might not cap or be able to weekly.
    Last edited by slime; 2013-05-12 at 02:28 PM.

Deleted
    3/12 and 3 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredSausage View Post
    Im 3/12 and just did my 2nd week of tot lfr. (got 2 first week after getting quest and 1 yesterday)
    My luck was so crap on the first part and ive no doubt this will be the same.

From what I am reading here, it sounds like your luck is already better than mosts for this part of the chain.