Thread: Shaman Tank

Shaman Tank

So we all know that when WoW was in Beta or around that time, Shamans were planning to be able to tank. Obviously that idea has gone out the window or is just not a viable option.

Why is Blizzard leaving some of the talents/abilities that are obviously for tanking? Things such as Rockbiter weapon, etc...

Or are their actually uses for these things that I'm just not aware of? (totally willing to accept that fact if it is true).

1) A post like that created 5 days ago, you can continue it instead create a new topic.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-tanking/page2

2) Today the shaman has "tank" tools like rockbitter yes. Like the other range dps class/spec (shadow, hunter, warlock ...) even if some tools had disappeared today. All caster have or had a taunt or something that generate aggro.
    Shaman dont have tank tools because it was a kind of sub tank at vanilla but because blizzad provided some tank abilities to caster for very special encounters where you need a range dps for tanking something (example : mimiron, the blood elf "vampire" council, the boss before gruul ...). We didnt meet a boss like that since Cataclysm.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to see a Shaman tank spec.....its been discussed in the past but in the same way that elements ( in ascendance for example) like fire/elem, air/enh, and water/resto match up....and earth/tank spec would be awesome and fits with lore and class themes. They made a fourth spec for Druids and split Feral into dps and tank, if Blizz really put the time into it I am sure they could design a 4th tank spec for Shaman that plays a little like Enhance but still different and unique enough to be its own tank spec....... with Monks who can dps and tank it seems less likely that they would give Shaman a tank spec now (esp cause I imagined a shaman tank being a DW/agil staff tank as well similar to brewmaster monks or feral druids) but I am still holding out hope for one in the next xpac, or at the very least a full revamp of the Shaman class.

It could have its own unique ele shield, like DK bone shield mixed with Earth shield, its own variation of maelstrom weapon so it can use it for dps or self heals (also kinda like how holy power is used for prot pallys), it could have unique melee strikes that are unavoidable and high threat like rune strike, a cleave (or insta CL), true aoe like variation of FN..... one thing that will be difficult is a unique tank mastery since it seems like they have done everything they can wiht unique ways to mitigate damage, monk's "stagger" was something even I didn't think of but it works so far and I couldn't really think up something unique and different enough to seperate Shaman tanking from other tanks, but I am sure it can be done.

I'd love to see it happen, but every time I start to think of ways that Blizz could implement a shaman tank, I seem to come up with more problems than solutions.