How to Do Durumu on LFR Wihtout Wiping

Convinced my LFR group to try an unconventional strat on Durumu...and it worked EASILY.

Basically, you want to stack on the "wrong" side of the laser beam. You can then sit there the entire time while the beam works its way around. Then your stack group has to move a bit at the end once them beam gets around.

The damage from the purple fog is EASILY healable (but be sure not to be stacked in a puddle).

It is the laser beam that wipes LFR. Not the floor damage. We actually still had color beasts up during it and we still lived..

What I did was two /yell macros:
    The first "/y Stack on me"

Get on the wrong side of the laser beam, spam that a bunch, the raid will move to you. Don't be super close to the laser beam because people who don't stack fully will get hit then.

Then, when the beam works its way around and is going to catch up, move away from it and spam:
    '/y Now move a bit over here, keep trying to get to me"

You'll kill the boss in 1-2 attempts.
    Last edited by Oatz; 2013-04-09 at 06:29 PM.
    We are recruiting!
    Full Spectrum - Alleria
    www.fullspectrumguild.com
    Skilled Players with Work and Families
    WoW Insider Interview

If the healers suck as much as they do in your typical LFR you're dead.

It is simply impossible for a strategy like this to work for every LFR group.

Trying this next time lol...

My Durumu group for lunch today was just HORRID.

10+ Year Old Account
    Easiest even, wipe 6-10 times intentionally, nuke, profit.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Did Durumu for the first time last night. Eight pulls. We did finally get him down, but I left the group immediately after and will not be returning to that section of ToT in LFR ever again. I just find it amusing that on my first run on him I didn't die once, yet people who have been there multiple times couldn't stop inspecting the floor.
    A true Patriot fights for their country, not for their government.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    Easiest even, wipe 6-10 times intentionally, nuke, profit.
    Says the guy who hasn't even done it and has no reason to.
    to: preposition; used as a function word to indicate position, connection, extent, relation ~ too: adverb; also, very, excessively, so

Yes this strat would work if u had 5-6 healers, most LFR Iv been in got 1-3 healers.
    3 good might work, but idk.

Suggested similar in other durumu threads, just wait for nerf on the "fog" and this will be the main strat.

Trust me, it's easier to heal than you think. I'm not saying use the strat for normal or heroic. But for LFR it's EASY.
    We are recruiting!
    Full Spectrum - Alleria
    www.fullspectrumguild.com
    Skilled Players with Work and Families
    WoW Insider Interview

This might be the equivalent of the single kiter strategy on LFR Garalon. You increase healing requirements, but make it simpler for the raid to not screw up. Not sure I would bust out this strat unless the raid had a few stacks and the normal method wasn't working, but with a few stacks of +hps/+healing, it sounds like a good alternative.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's why I go with a premade group of about 15-19 people. Even if the pugs die, we still win I can't imagine not going with my guild and friends lol.

Run to the edge. That is all.
    Bigger than Life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Promark View Post
    Says the guy who hasn't even done it and has no reason to.
    I have, on an alt. I suggested what I said before, in that run, and we still wasted time and killed it at 6 stacks, many tens of minutes later.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
    Did Durumu for the first time last night. Eight pulls. We did finally get him down, but I left the group immediately after and will not be returning to that section of ToT in LFR ever again. I just find it amusing that on my first run on him I didn't die once, yet people who have been there multiple times couldn't stop inspecting the floor.
    I am in the same boat as you. I knew that there was some killer ability going into this fight but as soon as the phase happened I was like. "Really, this is it?!" and quickly realized the whole raid except 3 people died. 8 wipes later and still only 16 of 25. I couldn't believe it.

Trust me, it's easier to heal than you think. I'm not saying use the strat for normal or heroic. But for LFR it's EASY.
    Remember now you had the helpful LFR buff. This might not have been so easy without it. I am not saying that it isn't doable, but if your group can't avoid simple fight mechanics, they probably aren't the healers that are going to keep you alive without any buffs.

Just as potentially bad as other strats. Yeah this could work if your healers don't suck. I have been in plenty of LFRs where we have all the healers in the 30k hps range so if you get the entire raid to stand in the 30-40k a tick fire, you're gonna die.

Bring a group of 2 heals 2 tanks and 2-3 dps with you and just carry the rest of the group. You only need a minimal grp to kill him.

If LFR healers can't heal through 30k damage every 2 seconds on Garalon, what makes you think they can heal through 40k damage per 1 second?

Quote Originally Posted by Oatz View Post

The damage from the purple fog is EASILY healable (but be sure not to be stacked in a puddle).

It is the laser beam that wipes LFR. Not the floor damage.
    This only works (standing in eye sore) now that is was nerfed 1100 times.
    Prior to this the maze (eye sore) was what killed everyone.
    They would die way before the beam hit them.
    All I did was mark myself and make people follow me in ranged lane.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    Just as potentially bad as other strats. Yeah this could work if your healers don't suck. I have been in plenty of LFRs where we have all the healers in the 30k hps range so if you get the entire raid to stand in the 30-40k a tick fire, you're gonna die.
    You think about healing wrong. You cannot heal when damage is not taken. In a lot of lfr fights it can be hard to actually go above 30k hps if you are not a disc priest or a paladin. During the durumu fight there is so little damage taken that hps will always be around 30k for the highest people really (if you have 5 healers). When you start taking the ticking damage that will go up.