Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorschachs View Post
    Mop made me hate hunters so much.. getting overbuffed over and over..

not really. They are still disgustingly op.
    Disgustingly op? seriously? powershot was really the only thing that made them op and that's been balanced.
    the PvE trinket they introduced this patch doesn't help matters at all, for any class. i got hit (yes hit) for a 120k obliterate earlier because a dk waited for his trink to proc before popping cds :/

so i take it now instead of 80% of hunters using glaive toss, itll be 98%ish
    It's not the great who are strong...
    It's the strong who are great...

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpower View Post
    Disgustingly op? seriously? powershot was really the only thing that made them op and that's been balanced.
    the PvE trinket they introduced this patch doesn't help matters at all, for any class. i got hit (yes hit) for a 120k obliterate earlier because a dk waited for his trink to proc before popping cds :/
    lol'd. PowerShot hits like a truck, for sure, but throw in the many INSTANT CC's, double deterrence and stampede and it just becomes ridiculous. Glass cannon's are one thing, Cannon's with infinite kiting/maneuverability/defence/control is just retarded, sorry~

Deleted
    Lower focus cost and cast time? Awesome buff, most off the times powershot didn't go off due to cc but that shouldn't be a problem any longer.

There are so many other more insane problems in PvP, why is this the only thing to get attention? I'm by no means a serious PvP player, but I've been capping my conquest to get some gear for Transmorg, and the amount of CC, Stun, Snare, Silences, and then the insane ability to burst is just pathetic.

I really don't find fun in doing Arena, I do it purely for the points, and that (personally) is poor game design.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mop made me hate hunters so much.. getting overbuffed over and over..

not really. They are still disgustingly op.
    They (and 5.2 rogues) are the reason I have swore off PVP for the rest of the expansion.

Endless CC chains. Silencing Shot, Scatter Shot, Freezing Trap ... etc, not including whatever BS CC abilities their pets have. I'm not even sure why I bother wearing a PVP trinket anymore.

When you have finally regained control of you character, they just pop Deterrence and become immune to damage ... You are still not dead? Readiness, raise and repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpower View Post
    Even without that trinket they have been worse than mages the whole expansion. Yes you can prevent some of the cc by eating traps, but you can at least interrupt some of the mage cc.. hunter ccs are all instant. Hunter burst is way harder to prevent or predict compared to mages too and it really doesn't help that BM spec does even more damage than multidotters in arena and is close to unkillable with the 1m trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    K, but are they doing the same to every other class? Or is this a kneejerk reaction because hunters are actually really strong for once?
    Are they nerfing every other class because they're burst is so overpowered they can two shot clothies? I don't know. Is ever other class' burst so overpowered they can two shot clothies?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by brolother View Post
    Are they nerfing every other class because they're burst is so overpowered they can two shot clothies? I don't know. Is ever other class' burst so overpowered they can two shot clothies?
    The real issue is that hunters can land Powershot and Blinkstrike in the same GCD, so it's essentially a oneshot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    K, but are they doing the same to every other class? Or is this a kneejerk reaction because hunters are actually really strong for once?
    Hunters have only been strong this expansion. They were also strong previous expansion and the expansion before that. So don't say hunters are UP. Even if the powershot was supposedly hard to pull off, high rated players could get a powershot off wit relative ease and basically end a game in the first few seconds.

Deleted
    Even without that trinket they have been worse than mages the whole expansion. Yes you can prevent some of the cc by eating traps, but you can at least interrupt some of the mage cc.. hunter ccs are all instant. Hunter burst is way harder to prevent or predict compared to mages too and it really doesn't help that BM spec does even more damage than multidotters in arena and is close to unkillable with the 1m trinket.
    so hunters>mages?where man?tell me where pls,like 3 polymorph(dr ofc)simply tabbing anything,or a trap that must go with scatter,those 2 spells have a cd,cold snap for ice block?do you nderstand that a dps like mage can heal himself to full healt,with frost barrier that well lol,and after healing touch with a druid???frost nova?pet's frost nova?ring of frost?what s the problem with hunter?cause it have 1 stun 1 cc and 1 silence with readiness every 5 minutes?,it s ok,you re right,but dont try to say that hunter have more cc than any other class,cause isn't true(watch arenajunkies rankings man)

Guess I should've PvP'd this tier. I had no idea we were OP, thought we were still crap like we were after nerfs midway last season.

Wish we were this good in PvE. We're just a gear soak.

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    They (and 5.2 rogues) are the reason I have swore off PVP for the rest of the expansion.

Endless CC chains. Silencing Shot, Scatter Shot, Freezing Trap ... etc, not including whatever BS CC abilities their pets have. I'm not even sure why I bother wearing a PVP trinket anymore.

When you have finally regained control of you character, they just pop Deterrence and become immune to damage ... You are still not dead? Readiness, raise and repeat.
    We had all those CCs last xpac, and we were awful in arenas. Forget about RBGs, I believe hunters had the lowest class representation in any RBG team comp. Keep in mind, the only CCs added this expansion are the knockback/snare on Powershot/Glaive Toss respectively, and the potential knockback from explosive trap if glyphed. And the web on disengage, but honestly, who the hell takes that? Maybe in RBGs, I dunno.

The point is, people were wrecking hunters last expansion who still had these "forever CC" chains that I hear so much about. The only good comp was very, very well played PHDs with some motherfucking mind-melding CC coordination. Our damage in PvP is better than it was that xpac, and now its being toned down, and that was the difference. Don't blame the CC for what's really just a difference in numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    don't worry blizzard will nerf the dammn class because QQ like this keep QQ god dammn

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    We had all those CCs last xpac, and we were awful in arenas. Forget about RBGs, I believe hunters had the lowest class representation in any RBG team comp. Keep in mind, the only CCs added this expansion are the knockback/snare on Powershot/Glaive Toss respectively, and the potential knockback from explosive trap if glyphed. And the web on disengage, but honestly, who the hell takes that? Maybe in RBGs, I dunno.

The point is, people were wrecking hunters last expansion who still had these "forever CC" chains that I hear so much about. The only good comp was very, very well played PHDs with some motherfucking mind-melding CC coordination. Our damage in PvP is better than it was that xpac, and now its being toned down, and that was the difference. Don't blame the CC for what's really just a difference in numbers.
    At least back then you could dodge them by kiting into their deadzone ...

Now? The only way to stop them is to disarm them. Of course every class has a disarm right?

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    At least back then you could dodge them by kiting into their deadzone ...

Now? The only way to stop them is to disarm them. Of course every class has a disarm right?
    Stupid comparison. You don't have to stop hunters. Hunters stop themselves. They run out of focus every couple attacks and then have to steady/cobra to get back focus. A hunter shooting steadys at you is the equivalent of a rogue auto attacking you without slice n dice. It's virtually nothing. And to top it off, you can make those steady shots nearly impossible to get off by simply attacking him.

The overpowered part is BM hunter burst. A hunter who uses BW then another readiness + BW can spam you with abilities that hit 10/20% harder than normal for over 20 seconds and still have focus leftover, all without having to cast a single cobra shot. That's the overpowered part, not the fact that hunters are "unstoppable".

Edit: spelling
    Last edited by Neazy; 2013-04-11 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by House View Post
    don't worry blizzard will nerf the dammn class because QQ like this keep QQ god dammn
    Unlike yours, his post contributed something though.

"moving targets can avoid this damage" this means the targets between your focus and you? Otherwise WTF... WTB GC's head.

That was added when ghostcrawler kept saying that it was a skill shot, it has been taken out and will always hit all the targets before their personal abilities (deterrence etc. etc.)

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neazy View Post
    Stupid comparison. You don't have to stop hunters. Hunters stop themselves. They run out of focus every couple attacks and then have to steady/cobra to get back focus. A hunter shooting steadys at you is the equivalent of a rogue auto attacking you without slice n dice. It's virtually nothing. And to top it off, you can make those steady shots nearly impossible to get off by simply attacking him.

The overpowered part is BM hunter burst. A hunter who uses BW then another readiness + BW can spam you with abilities that hit 10/20% harder than normal for over 20 seconds and still have focus leftover, all without having to cast a single cobra shot. That's the overpowered part, not the fact that hunters are "unstoppable".

Edit: spelling
    Oh please. Hunter damage is balanced around focus. You do the same DPS as a mage chain casting their nukes while managing focus, i.e. "stopping" to regenerate focus is a non-issue.

Hunters are just an uninterruptible range class that can DPS on the move with little penalty. Their damage and CC can't be stop apart from disarm which is given only to a select few classes and is mostly melee range (with the exception of monks).