The Titans' Fear

I know that it's been theorized before that Azeroth's ultimate threat may turn out to not be the Burning Legion, but the Pantheon of Titans themselves. I hadn't really taken this seriously until recently and I was wondering what people thought about the idea that every time we save Azeroth, we're in the end giving more and more reasons for the Titans to ultimately fear the beings of Azeroth. This would ultimately build up to the point where we kill/defeat Sargeras. Thinking about that from the Titans' point of view, sure it's good that Sargeras has fallen since he was sowing all kinds of messiness, but what of the beings that brought him down? Before he went dark side Sargeras was the freaking muscle of the Titans.

Given that the Titans' watchers have pretty much already decided that the planet has been thoroughly hit by systemic corruption (though word of this hasn't quite reached the Titans yet), and the knowledge that a bunch of creatures- many of which were titan creations corrupted by the Curse of Flesh -managed to bring down your ultimate warrior? Seems like a pretty good reason to be worried about a little backwater planet called Azeroth.
    Last edited by RabidHexley; 2013-04-09 at 06:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could be. The beings of Azeroth have been affected by both the Titans and the Old Gods, and are the inheritors of both their power. Who knows what that could lead to. They may well have reason to be cautious, even fearful, of what the end result of the experiment of Azeroth will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Could be. The beings of Azeroth have been affected by both the Titans and the Old Gods, and are the inheritors of both their power. Who knows what that could lead to. They may well have reason to be cautious, even fearful, of what the end result of the experiment of Azeroth will be.
    No, not the nephalem again...

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    No, not the nephalem again...
    Heh. Not really what I was getting at in the OP.

Interesting, I had never really even considered that before. It's funny because we (or at least me) assume that the Titans are automatically a force of good based upon what lore tells us. Unfortunately, we simply do not know for sure. The wanted to eradicate us in the events of Ulduar. I could see how the greatest force the universe has ever seen could put fear into the very ones who created them.

I could see a fallen titan expac coming after Sargeras as the true end to the World of Warcraft.
    Proud Conservative and lover of guns, freedom and the Constitution.