Thread: why?

10+ Year Old Account

why?

Quote Originally Posted by blizzard 5.3 ptr
    Arcane Shot no longer applies Hunter's Mark.
    why? what could possibly be the reason for them to remove this?

Deleted
    Because Explosive shot, Chim shot and Kill Command already applies it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wtfbbqnoob View Post
    Because Explosive shot, Chim shot and Kill Command already applies it.
    that's a pretty terrible and contrived reason.

The same reason they removed swirly ball oh so long ago: beyond our understanding.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

To reduce the spam of chain casting Marks, like they've done for many spammy effects before. I'm not arguing in favor of their priorities, just giving the most likely explanation.

It's probably to reduce Combat Log clutter. Affects MM the most during target switches, since Chimera has the longest CD.

The problem with the change, imo, is that I usually use AS on target switches because it's the cheapest, esp if you're using TotH, and puts up a mark, and your nuke may be on CD or you might need to CoS before it comes off CD. I guess now we have an even harder time on target switching? Meh, might at least make the fights more interesting from a min-max perspective, but it's already hard enough for hunters to compete with other ranged on switches.

or................just give us the dmg increase passively and be away with a stupid mechanic like hunters mark

not really sure about the latest changes i think they just need to flat buff aspect of the hawk by an additional 10-15% or buff the dmg of es/ais/kc to compensate as we are very average in the damage department at the moment.

From the front page:

Arcane Shot no longer applies Hunter's Mark. had a tooltip fix.
    Was incorrectly interpreted by the datamine, it was just fixing a tooltip. Presumably it's still baseline.