Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Hearthsteed - Perfect reason to at least try Hearthstone(?)

Guh, can't correct my spelling error in the title

The simple fact there will be a promotion for the game and taking part in that promotion will give you this - Hearthstoned

Which will give you this lovely beasty!

I was going to play anyway but come on, how could you not want what is basically a free mount (afaik)?
    Last edited by UnifiedDivide; 2013-04-09 at 07:39 PM.

Rarely updated...

I figured the perfect reason to try it was that it was you know, free. That is a nice extra though.
    Pokemon Y Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.
    Friend Safari: Steel, Metang, Mawile, third unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Romeothecat View Post
    I figured the perfect reason to try it was that it was you know, free. That is a nice extra though.
    Well, some people are still on the fence about it either though it's entirely free to play. This is just added incentive

Rarely updated...

And I actually really like the Horde version too.

Loving it.

-- Signature by /the/ Crazytaco --

Hopefully this means Hearthstone will be available at some point during 5.3. This wait is killing me. I wish they announced and followed up with, "AND YOU CAN PLAY IT NOW!"

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Hopefully this means Hearthstone will be available at some point during 5.3.
    I was thinking it might be related to the beta of Hearthstone and I guess we'd still be on 5.3 when it's released, hopefully.

But then again, Blizzard have been known to add things well in advance.

Rarely updated...

I hope this doesn't come from the Beta. I never did manage to get into the D3 beta and I don't anticipate getting into the Hearthstone beta. Losing out on a mount because I can't win the beta lottery would really, really irk me.

3DS Friendcode: 0705 - 3279 - 0173
    Add me for Pokemon / Bravely Default
    Trainer Name: Bazlyn

Of course, we don't actually have any idea whatsoever what "Participate in the Hearthstone Promotion" means. It could be "Play the game" or it could be "Buy 25 packs of cards and get a 'free' WoW mount!"

And I wouldn't read anything at all into the fact that the file got added into 5.3, as far as the release timing of Hearthstone and such. Blizzard does this all the time - dropping finished resources into the game files when they're ready, but not actually releasing them as content until much later.

Hearthsteed - World of Warcraft mount.

Do we know how to get this mount? according to wowhead it's from this achievement: http://ptr.wowhead.com/achievement=8345#comments

"Obtain the Hearthsteed from the Hearthstone promotion. "

you think this is just like the annual pass? :P

Hearthstone being F2P, I don't see how an Annual Pass can be wrapped in this.

I'm betting its something like: participate in HS BETA and receive this cool WoW mount!

Or, it could be a HS style blizzard store mount: Spend $25 on Hearthstone card packs, and get a WoW mount!

It might be "buy X cards in hearthstone, get a mount in wow, cape in diablo and sigils in starcraft" possibly.
    Or, like you said annual pass again

Quote Originally Posted by Benno View Post
    Hearthstone being F2P, I don't see how an Annual Pass can be wrapped in this.

I'm betting its something like: participate in HS BETA and receive this cool WoW mount!

Or, it could be a HS style blizzard store mount: Spend $25 on Hearthstone card packs, and get a WoW mount!
    but WoW is not F2P.

"sign up for WoW for 1 year, earn Hearthsteed, guaranteed Hearthstone beta access and some other stuff you don't really want!"
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

It says "promotion" so likely it's only going to be available at a specific event.

General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

Quote Originally Posted by zykaz View Post
    Do we know how to get this mount? according to wowhead it's from this achievement: http://ptr.wowhead.com/achievement=8345#comments

"Obtain the Hearthsteed from the Hearthstone promotion. "

you think this is just like the annual pass? :P
    It's probably like the Wow TCG, where you open a pack and get a card with a promo code on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin
    Why? Because fuck you, that's why.

Every time you have a question that begins with "Why?" that is about what other people prefer to do with their own goddamn time, come back here, and reread the first row of this post. That will ALWAYS be the answer to your question. Have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    "sign up for WoW for 1 year, earn Hearthsteed, guaranteed Hearthstone beta access and some other stuff you don't really want!"
    But I want all those things.

On the hearthstone beta FAQ, it says there's a special reward for people who buy at least one card pack during beta.

Then again, I could see it being annual pass. "Sign up for world of warcraft for a year, get guaranteed access to the hearthstone beta, a world of warcraft mount, and companion pet."

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    On the hearthstone beta FAQ, it says there's a special reward for people who buy at least one card pack during beta.

Then again, I could see it being annual pass. "Sign up for world of warcraft for a year, get guaranteed access to the hearthstone beta, a world of warcraft mount, and companion pet."
    I'd make that deal even with no intention of playing hearthstone.

So if I´m not lucky enough to get a beta invite,I wont be able to buy cards/get this mount?
    kinda unfair...

Quote Originally Posted by Zaien View Post
    So if I´m not lucky enough to get a beta invite,I wont be able to buy cards/get this mount?
    kinda unfair...
    well, assuming this mount comes from buying 1 pack from beta, than blizz should be smart and make it an open beta at some point.

people will swarm hearthstone beta like bees buying one pack each just for the sake of getting a cool limited edition mount. assuming (for no good reason) that a third of WoW's playerbase decides to do that in order to get that mount, that's 3 million dollars blizz made just by opening the gates.

meanwhile, quite a few people who would originally not be interested in hearthstone at all would end up giving it a try. they have beta access and a pack anyway. some may end up enjoying it and sticking around after hearthstone is live. maybe buying some more packs
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Late to the party tonight, but this is pretty awesome!

Like mentioned by others I'm willing to bet this "promotion" they are talking about will most likely involve buying card packs, I think. If they can get you to buy (a) pack(s) when the game is still new, then more people will know how the system of buying cards works, and will allready have some investment in the game, making it likelier that people continue playing (at least for a while) cause they feel they've got to get their money's worth from it. If they can get people to experience the game beyond the first few days of trying it, and have them familiar with the card buying process the game will have a much better shot at surviving and becoming a lucrative addition to the Blizzard stable of games.

Personally I'm a Blizzard fanboy, so chances are good that I'll partake in this promotion. The mount is decent enough so I wouldn't mind spending a tiny bit of cash to have a win/win promotion of getting some cards in HS + a nice mount for WoW. I was initially against the idea of putting money into this game, but I've realised that if Blizzard would have gone for a B2P model and charged me 20 or 30 euros for the game, I would have bought it without question. Seems odd then to be against spending money on it, just cause I don't have to.
    Your Soul Shall Suffer! ||| Forum rules ||| New England Patriots