Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Frost is not proc-dependent. You should be completely ignoring Killing Machine.
    I'm not saying to wait for runes while Killing Machine is up. I'm saying to use a procced KM with OB > FS. Completely ignoring KM may be a thing if you are patched up in BiS gear and almost GCD capped, but as long as you aren't at that point you got plenty of time to wait using an OB unless KM procs, your rune-regen mechanic forces you to (e.g. no fully depleted runes for RE or 11+ stacks of Blood Charge).

That sounds correct, but the thing is, if you're 2H frost and have the resources to both Obliterate and FS, you should be Obliterating anyway. The same applies to DW in reverse.

The deciding factors on whether you prioritize Obliterate or FS are your subspec and whether you're at >=76 runic power.

In a perfect simcraft world, yes. But since my frost gear is only 2nd hand and I suck at RNG I'd rather go for a more tactile approach for the few occasions I actually have to DpS. Should have worded it better when I first posted indicating I'm not talking about BiS simcraft but about my personal style.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrien View Post
    My dream changes for 5.3:

1. Remove the Obliterate damage bonus from MotFW.
    2. Remove the Frost Strike damage bonus from Threat of Thassarian.
    3. Keep the 20% melee-damage boost from MotFW, make ToT also increase off-hand damage by 15%.
    4. Increase Obliterate damage from 230% to 280% weapon damage for all Frost DK's (20% increased damage).
    5. Increase Frost Strike damage from 105% to 145% for all Frost DK's (roughly 45% increased damage).
    6. Make Lichbane and Cinderglacier runeforges useful.
    7. Remove Remorseless Winter, replace it with Hungering Cold.
    8. Remove Asphyxiate, replace it with something that is not a stun (DK's shouldn't have any stuns).

These changes would:
    - Make DW frost use Obliterate
    - make 2h frost really less on one skill, Obliterate, meaning no more penalty for using any other rune-skills
    - make Frost more about runic power, frost always used to be The runic power spec, but that changed in MoP for at least 2h frost
    - Make useless rune-forges useful.

In my opinion. Please don't rage these ideas this if you don't like them.
    As far as your suggestions on asphyxiate and remorseless winter goes, removing those potentially knocks DKs out of viability for arenas. Without the stuns, dk's already low mobility is further gimped.