Fastest way to farm Lesser Charm of Good Fortune?

Hey there!

I recently dinged, and yesterday i finished a few dailies bringing me to 10 Lesser Charms in total.

Now today, it has come to my attention i need 90 to get 3x Mogur Fate' for Bonus rolls in 5.2 patches.

Any possible chance to get 90 before reset?

How many can you actually obtain each day?

Cheers!

pet battles can give you like 30 max a day

10+ Year Old Account
    And then you have Sunreavers, Klaxxi, Golden Lotus, a few Tillers, Cloud Serpent, Anglers that you should be able to do at least a few for each day

Lies, filthy lies. Can easily farm a few hundred of them in a matter of hours. Only really effective if you have a way to easily farm the level 25 pets though, I believe. Seems droprate is worse for low-lvl pets.

Quote Originally Posted by Shagina View Post
    Lies, filthy lies. Can easily farm a few hundred of them in a matter of hours. Only really effective if you have a way to easily farm the level 25 pets though, I believe. Seems droprate is worse for low-lvl pets.
    Just need 80, and i dont have a high level pet-battle >_>

10+ Year Old Account
    I like to use pet battling to earn them and if you do the isle dailies that is a great way to get up there as well. Grats on your ding!

Since you just dinged, you won't have access to all of the dailies until you have higher rep with some of the factions. For me, a max round of Golden Lotus dailies is 30 charms (I'm exalted), and doesn't take hardly any time at all. Three days of GL dailies and I have my 90. I usually also do some Isle of Thunder dailies randomly, so it varies from week to week. The total number you can get in a day depends on your rep levels and what kind of stomach you have for dailies....there are a lot of them in all, and I think you could easily hit 90 charms in one day if you do them all. Once you hit revered with Golden Lotus that opens up Shadow Pan and August Celestials for more quests as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Snixs View Post
    Just need 80, and i dont have a high level pet-battle >_>
    Drop rates not that bad on low level pets - I tend to farm level one pets near the mage tower in SW while I sit in the joyful LFR ToT queues on my Hunter.

Start with three level one pets and just replace each pet as it hits level 6 with a fresh level 1 (beast pets recommended).

It's very RNG how many tokens you will get though if you're only going to do it for say 5 min.

Depends what floats your boat I guess - personally I'd rather level up some pets than do dailies when I'm already exalted with said faction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by megabeat View Post
    No max that I've run into. I've been on a pet collecting spree on my druid while i was out sick from work.

Went from 13 charms to 98 in two days. Spent my 90, and was back up to 40+ in a couple hours.

Edited to add: This was farming Northrend pets.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by megabeat View Post
    You can earn as many as you want in one day. I farmed about a 100 on my Death Knight one day just leveling some pets and finishing off my Northrend/Cataclysm/Pandaria/Spirits/Fable Achievements in one go. Roomate started messing with it this past weekend and farmed up a good amount (he had just started for first time so everything was level 1) and said it was much better than doing dailies.

If you like pet battling you can earn about 2-9 charms from each victory. The drop rate is the same regardless of what pets you are battling just as long as you win. If you don't like pet battling then there are dailies. Right now on Isle you can get about 30 in one round of dailies I believe (so 3 days of that, plus you build up Elder Charms so you can gear up faster to hit Throne of Thunder content).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    If you like pet battling you can earn about 2-9 charms from each victory.
    I think it's 2-6 charms now.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miralynn View Post
    No max that I've run into. I've been on a pet collecting spree on my druid while i was out sick from work.

Went from 13 charms to 98 in two days. Spent my 90, and was back up to 40+ in a couple hours.

Edited to add: This was farming Northrend pets.
    That seemed to be my experience. I found I had needed the 3rd LFR but was was Valor capped for the week, so I figured, what the hell I had yet to train the pet battle skill, so I learned it to goof around while waiting for the ~45min queue, and seemed to be getting ~2-5 charms roughly every other victory it seemed, and that was just level 1 pet battles. So yeah, can quickly get them just ROFL-stomping some poor critters without tedious dailies if you so desire (Of course, the dailies also give VP if you're not capped for the week)

Quote Originally Posted by unrealeck View Post
    I think it's 2-6 charms now.
    I got 8 from a pet battle yesterday.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Millie View Post
    I got 8 from a pet battle yesterday.
    I started doing pet battles about a week or so ago and I've never ever seen more than 6 from a battle.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would be happy if they lowered the amount of lesser charms from Pet Battling, but made it guaranteed from each battle, rather than a chance. Sometimes I can have 3-4 pet battles where I get lesser charms each time, and then can go 50 minutes without seeing a single one. I only do it on my Paladin as I have no decent Ret gear and she is Holy, so doing dailies takes significantly longer than I would like.