Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Janto View Post
    Well its not a sound card, i'ts on board sound i am using. Buying a Sound card and installing its drivers will fix my problem?

Also, If i was to buy a USB Headset would that work also?
    Yeah, that was my point. Getting a different soundcard probably fixes it... Getting an USB headset would do the exact same thing. It will have very basic USB soundcard built into the headset which will be used in addition to your current one. Either way should work and provide the same results: bypass your current motherboard audio completely in hardware and in software.

Note that I'm using words like "probably" and "should" here for a reason.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

15+ Year Old Account
    I know my GameCom 780 went off its own drivers and what not instead of onboard, because my onboard sound died. Getting a sound card helped it though.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    I bought this card.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/..._ya_os_product

Should i be okay?

Probably

Will find out soon enough. And it's still pretty damn good for it's price so it wont be wasted anyway.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Well, I mean i'd be pretty confused if i got a new soundcard and a new headset and it wasn't working.

Lets pray. :P

15+ Year Old Account
    I tried asus sound cards(3 of them) and none of them worked. I hope you have better luck.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I tried asus sound cards(3 of them) and none of them worked. I hope you have better luck.
    You sure you used it right? Since you're the first person I've heard who has had any problems with Asus Xonar cards.

Bad apples happen here and there and it's acceptable that consumer electronics has about 1% failure rate, but yours go way beyond normal.
    Trolling should be.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    You sure you used it right? Since you're the first person I've heard who has had any problems with Asus Xonar cards.

Bad apples happen here and there and it's acceptable that consumer electronics has about 1% failure rate, but yours go way beyond normal.
    I am not sure, I googled the problem for hours(days even) and never found any solution to my problem, I either agreed I just got 3 bad sound cards or my motherboard hated asus soundcards. I got a soundblaster Zx and that one worked straight away. Hell I even made a forum post about it and I do not even think anyone responded to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shit like this is why I stopped using Analog mics and bought a USB one. Always clean, never a problem, and you can get really good headphones for less then a really good headset.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I am not sure, I googled the problem for hours(days even) and never found any solution to my problem, I either agreed I just got 3 bad sound cards or my motherboard hated asus soundcards. I got a soundblaster Zx and that one worked straight away. Hell I even made a forum post about it and I do not even think anyone responded to me.
    Xonar sound cards are picky about being seated properly, once they are, they work just fine, but seating them right can take a few tries

also, i don't remember any thread about Xonar problems, and thats something that would get attention as 1/2 the posters here are Xonar fanboys, how long ago was this thread?

Deleted
    If the sound card doesn't help the issue, i will go with a usb headset.

Although 3 different cards failed? did u dip them in water before u put each of them in ? :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Janto View Post
    If the sound card doesn't help the issue, i will go with a usb headset.

Although 3 different cards failed? did u dip them in water before u put each of them in ? :P
    I might as well dipped them in chocolate and made a big paper weight
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    Xonar sound cards are picky about being seated properly, once they are, they work just fine, but seating them right can take a few tries

also, i don't remember any thread about Xonar problems, and thats something that would get attention as 1/2 the posters here are Xonar fanboys, how long ago was this thread?
    Ive tried to seat it many times, not sure what was the reason. I am not saying they are bad or anything, just never worked for me. I can't wonder why my soundcard works striaght up when the asus one never even detected the drivers.

Op tell us how it fairs.

Deleted
    apepi could be just the onboard soundcard that messed it up for you i had that happen with my old I7 board it had a soundcard close to my old audigy and both cards just didn't like each other even disabling didn't fix the issue lol