Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by A Day to Remember View Post
    Or the gunshots would have made enough noise to scare people away. He could have easily killed everyone be attacked if he went for the throat or any major organ or artery...
    Yeah... I'm thinking one person screaming from a stab wound might've been enough to alert others of a knife-weilding maniac.

So... texas eh? Where's all your guns? I thought that's why you allowed people to carry concealed firearms - because people would be too afraid to attack you, right? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    so are are you saying there is an acceptable amount of violence?
    No, but injuries are more preferable than deaths since you can treat the former and not the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    As others have pointed out, thankfully none died to this knife attack and I suspect that if the weapon was different that might have changed.
    Plain-as-day obvious... but the gun-nuts don't want to hear that. :P

They all know if the guy had a gun instead of a knife, most of those 14 people would be dead by now - and chances are it would be MORE than 14 people.It's even more laughable because this was in Texas - with some lauded ideology that "if everybody has a gun, nobody will commit any crimes out of fear of retaliation."

Pfft... another outdated ignorant savage idea proven false again. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    Texas college stabbing: 14 injured, 2 in critical condition

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/09/justic...ing/index.html

This will ignite much "are we gonna ban knives" nonsense.

How in hell they got to 14 in Texas blows my mind. Hopefully nobody dies.

Discuss
    Note how no one died. If it were a gun assault, there's a higher likelihood someone would be dead right now.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

No, but injuries are more preferable than deaths since you can treat the former and not the latter.
    Exactly - first we fix what we can... from that point on we can have more lives working on the problem to end violence.

You're not going to solve violence overnight you know... and I don't think we honestly can afford to wait that long. By the time we discover the problem of violence, we'll have millions of people dead via guns.

10+ Year Old Account

If you look on the Yahoo news page, half the comments are people saying that they should ban knives just like guns really sarcastically.

Deleted
    Note how noone died, if it had been a chainsaw the results would be different.

Yea i'm just playing around, shame to see more violence in the world. I wonder how long till they blame a game or music and not the parents/community.

I agree, i feel like rubbing this in the face of those who say that banning guns wouldnt make a difference in mass murders cuz crazy maniacs could still use knives to kill 20+ people before getting caught.
    Sadly, people like you only care about banning things. Let's not address the fact that someone felt the need to go on a rampage with a weapon, attempting to kill lots of people. Let's also sit here and say 'at least it wasn't a gun' as if knife attacks are perfectly normal and acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    If you look on the Yahoo news page, half the comments are people saying that they should ban knives just like guns really sarcastically.
    Those people on that page aren't exactly what we'd classify as "firing on all cylinders".

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Unless the title has been changed since you posted, it says "mass knife assault", which is accurate.
    Yeh it was changed:P

Two things make no sense.

How does 1 person with a knife stab 14 people before they're able to stop him, and how do you stab 14 people with a knife a fail to kill any.

It isn't hard to stop a person with a knife if you have 2 or more people around, you simply jump him from the side and front, he can't stab in every direction. And if you have a knife, it isn't hard to kill someone with it if they're unarmed and (apparently) incapable of fighting back. Sounds to me like he didn't want to kill anyone, because if he did surely one person would be dead.

Regardless, will be fun reading all the "Ban sharp objects from schools, no pencils allowed" posts to come, and all the "We need more armed guards, every student should carry a gun and then no knife attack" posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    How does 1 person with a knife stab 14 people before they're able to stop him, and how do you stab 14 people with a knife a fail to kill any.
    1) Quick knife attacks are somewhat silent.
    2) Contrary to what you may see in video games, unless you're trained knifing someone to death is actually work.

Clearly if guards with broadswords had been posted at the school, like the National Stabbing Weapon Association has been calling for, this wouldn't have happened.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Calelith View Post
    I wonder how long till they blame a game or music and not the parents/community.
    that's already happening, haven't you heard? video games makes you ultra violent

no violence is acceptable. so lets stop with the blaming the tools used to perform the violence and start looking for the reasons for the violence. what is the left scared of why will they not discuss the cause and only want to focus on the tools

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    Clearly if guards with broadswords had been posted at the school, like the National Stabbing Weapon Association has been calling for, this wouldn't have happened.
    As this video of a real attack shows, armed gaurds do nothing to stop crazed attackers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Those people on that page aren't exactly what we'd classify as "firing on all cylinders".
    Well no, but it is the "vocal minority" who start shit up if you know what I mean. They're the ones in the street protesting the stupidest shit, while the sensible people stay in their house facepalming.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Texas college stabbing: 14 injured, 2 in critical condition

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/09/justic...ing/index.html

How in hell they got to 14 in Texas blows my mind. Hopefully nobody dies.

Discuss
    What needs to be done is not to arm more people, but to ask yourselves, "How do people like this get weapons and how do we prevent it from even going this far?". And arms race isn't gonna do it. If you get armed guards, the people wanting to kill others will simply arm themselves with heavier weaponry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Def need to ban knives. ANY CIVILIZED COUNTRY WOULD (lol).
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calelith View Post
    As this video of a real attack shows, armed gaurds do nothing to stop crazed attackers.

[video=youtubewww.youtube.com/watch?v=DPXG4pdPj4w[/video]
    Armed guards may infact provoke attacks.