Page 11 of 57 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Guess what folks.. Blizzard has won the internet... dozens of threads recently on SoO and 5.3 argueing about lore and the story, the player base in the same "civil war" as the horde. We have horde rebels and players who support them, we have horde loyalists and players who support them, alliance saying why shuld we help you. Every last one of us will log in during 5.3 and play and do the dailies and wait and argue and wpvp and taunt each other until SoO. Well played Blizzard well played!! We are no longer talking about mechanics and such we are talking story in the game..exactly the dialogue Blizzard wants to have.. and I am calling my shot now.. Siege of Orgimmar will have the highest raid participation ever.. HC, super casual will all want to see this through to its conclusion and that in the end is all Blizzard wanted with MoP.
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

He needs the Alliance, the Alliance doesnt need him. Not sure why he would be talking shit like this, even if its sarcastic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Were you expecting Vol'jin to kiss your feet?
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

I do like the letter Varian sends.

Help Vol'jin, get the Orcs and Trolls bleeding each other out, that's less Horde to stand against the Alliance fleet when they arrive.

Give them a nudge and let them bleeding each other dry.

10+ Year Old Account
    when will alliance players get it, you picked the lame boring faction with pinkskins. you're right, the story is and should be all about us because your races are all boring and generic. deal with it or move on.

Post constructively
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-04-10 at 01:54 PM.

It's still red versus blue, Blizz made that clear when they first announced MoP. We're not supposed to like this 'alliance of convenience' (I on the other hand find it amusing and entertaining) our factions leaders aren't supposed to like it either. Vol'jin deals with his with sarcasm right in your face(and apparently stinky breath). Both seem to think each other will get picked off and then the other will get to take care of the rest. I'll wait and see how that turns out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavannah View Post
    It's still red versus blue, Blizz made that clear when they first announced MoP. We're not supposed to like this 'alliance of convenience' (I on the other hand find it amusing and entertaining) our factions leaders aren't supposed to like it either. Vol'jin deals with his with sarcasm right in your face(and apparently stinky breath). Both seem to think each other will get picked off and then the other will get to take care of the rest. I'll wait and see how that turns out.
    Yep and that's why Blizz must be loving discussions like this.. it is bringing emotional response to the story and everyone of us will wait and see how it turns out.
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandrox View Post
    He needs the Alliance, the Alliance doesnt need him. Not sure why he would be talking shit like this, even if its sarcastic.
    Not necessarily true. Alliance does need the help of the Horde members that stand against Garrosh, not only for the numbers, but for the intelligence that they would bring with them.

Seiging Orgimmar will be a slow and long drawn out ordeal. The trolls' and tauren's knowledge of the city and it's supplies will help immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by Panjier View Post
    Not necessarily true. Alliance does need the help of the Horde members that stand against Garrosh, not only for the numbers, but for the intelligence that they would bring with them.

Seiging Orgimmar will be a slow and long drawn out ordeal. The trolls' and tauren's knowledge of the city and it's supplies will help immensely.
    Let the rebellion go in, and when both sides are battered and broken, move in and mop up. If the Alliance has been able to stand up to a unified Horde, it should have no problem standing up against a divided Horde fighting against each other.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Let the rebellion go in, and when both sides are battered and broken, move in and mop up. If the Alliance has been able to stand up to a unified Horde, it should have no problem standing up against a divided Horde fighting against each other.
    It's been losing ground since Garrosh took over in Cata. Southshore, Theramore ring a bell?

10+ Year Old Account
    Reading what he said makes me like Vol'jin 10x more, I can now confidently say i want him to be warchief.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    enjoying the harem in Den of Mortal Delights
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Vol'jin has no reason to trust the alliance, what reason has the alliance ever given him to trust you?

But what he's saying, if you listen to him, is if you, alliance, are so arrogent that you think you can match into orgrimmar alone and your just take over or deal with whatever you want, then your be dead.

He doesn't have a dam reason to trust alliance, but he's smarter then that and knows they will be useful in taking garrosh down.

Oh, and typical I expect them to make a thing about his breath, right, because no alliance character has ever had bad breath before.
    mmmm, no.
    now into varians crowing in ogrimmar as high king of azeroth.... lol

Reading skills, some people here are really lacking it.
    Last edited by Kavoo; 2013-04-10 at 02:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezarus View Post
    It's been losing ground since Garrosh took over in Cata. Southshore, Theramore ring a bell?
    Southshore was taken because the Alliance was reeling from the Cataclysm, which barely touched the Horde. Theramore was taken from a massive and unexpected weapon. Since Pandaria, Alliance hasnt lost anything major. Its holding its own fine, while now the Horde is going to have alot of trouble.

15+ Year Old Account
    What if when the Onslaught ends, Vol'jin plays some trick card and slaughters Alliance that came to "help", killing another Bolvar in the process? Just to balance things out so that Horde is not the only faction with shit and losses. That would make people freak out. "How could he do this, he's against Garrosh, he must be a good guy!" - "Lol, all hail da new warchief!"
    Last edited by Haven; 2013-04-10 at 02:57 AM.

Man you people have no sense of context. He's obviously saying that if the Alliance takes the opportunity to stab him in the back, well he's a Shadow Hunter so he's an EXPERT on backstabbing. He's warning the player in Vol'Jin's usual style that messing with him would be a bad choice, and that it's in their best interests to stick with "the first option", ie working together.

Vol'Jin doesn't sugar coat things. It's one of the reasons his character is likeable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    What if when the Onslaught ends, Vol'jin plays some trick card and slaughters Alliance that came to "help", killing another Bolvar in the process? Just to balance things out so that Horde is not the only faction with shit and losses. That would make people freak out. "How could he do this, he's against Garrosh, he must be a good guy!" - "Lol, all hail da new warchief!"
    That is probably what will happen, the Horde will betray the Alliance after being 'allied' with them. It has happened every time the Horde and Alliance have worked together, theres no reason to expect it wouldnt happen again.

10+ Year Old Account
    It has happened every time the Horde and Alliance have worked together, theres no reason to expect it wouldnt happen again.
    It has? Im trying to think of any situations where the horde has allied, then turned on the alliance. None come to mind (considering Wrathgate was not Horde). Am i missing a betrayal or two? =\

Winter...The realm of eternal ice

That is probably what will happen, the Horde will betray the Alliance after being 'allied' with them. It has happened every time the Horde and Alliance have worked together, theres no reason to expect it wouldnt happen again.
    No, it's not what will happen.

Also Vol'jin is being sarcastic as fuck, reading comprehension people.

Except Vol'Jin is smart enough to not do this. There can't be a game of chicken "Who's going in first?" because one side knows the other will come in from behind while they're weakened and vice versa. The only way to succeed is to work together and strike together. The Alliance needs the rebels as much as the rebels need the Alliance. Accept it. Orgrimmar is way to strongly defended to be taken by a frontal assault from the Alliance, and the rebels don't have enough strength to take it by force from within.
    If there's one thing World of Warcraft players hate more than people who don't play, it's people that do play but not as much as them.