Page 50 of 57 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    As I said, the lost of land is to balance out faction territory.

Sylvanas got as much story time as the Worgen race. Don't know about the Stonetalon Mountains, never levelled through there on any or my characters. Andorhal, same thing, it's to balance out the land.
    1. Not true at all. We also get to destroy bases for no particular reason. In Desolace we get to completly wipe out Nijel's Point using Elunes power against the Nelfs. There was NO reason for this to happen, there was no need for it, the Alliance doesn't even get to know it and it still happened. Same goes for a lot of other places. Theramore, Southshore, making the Prince of Stromgarde a forsaken, a goblin with cheese on his head wipes out the entire dwarf fortress and so on and on and on. It was what actually got me thinking and made me level my first Alliance char.

At the end I was utterly disgusted and sad having seen both sides.

And you can't compare Sylvanas, a SINGLE CHARACTER to an entire race. You get more contact and talks to Sylvanas in Silverpine alone than the Alliance does with all their racial leaders in Vanilla, BC, Wotlk and Cataclysm combined. Compare the Worgen to the Goblins instead, with the Goblins getting two isles and the entirety of Azshara with a giant Horde symbol burned into it.
    I took orders from Malfurion. Don't see me bitching about it. Wish they would redo his look though, he kind of looks like a giant chicken. >.>
    Malfurion was used as cheap plot device to further Thralls story. In the Goblin zone he wrecks the Alliance electrocuting fleeing Alliance soldiers, in the fireland patch he was screaming and raging at the Alliance threatening to burn down Stormwind and so on. Malfurion on the other hand is neutral in every single instance he appears, he actually trash talks and berates people who want to fight the Horde and when we raided Darnassus he just stood there letting Tyrande getting killed.
    Some chapters focus more on some characters than others. It's part and parcel of story telling.
    The problem is when you have a HUGE disparity. There are always main and secondary characters, the secondary are often only there to be used as a foil/support/to further the main characters story. The Alliance and the entirety of their lore does serve no other purpose for the most part as to further the Horde story.
    "Voljin couldn't pull off this rebellion alone? Don't worry! The Alliance will help him out, no questions asked and no consequences attached."

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Not sure about andhorhal but for stonard, you can't quite destroy the place and offer horde players no quest hub afterwards. Although that can be changed by making a new camp somewhere etc. Still I think Cata was to show horde aggression and mop results in the culmination of all that.
    Actually you can, you just have to phase it at the very end of the story line. It happens in Andorhal for example with all the Alliance NPCs being gone. Thing is that phasing is very, very, very scarce when it comes to the Alliance. Just take a look at Ashenvale, in lore and quests the Alliance destroys the Horde at most places in the end.
    Take for example Maestras Post, there the player actually destroys a great many of the Horde units and demolishers. I expected it to be phased in the same way stuff was phased when I played my Horde characters. Instead they just respawned and despite the Alliance winning there NOTHING comes of it. There is no reason for it not to be phased, yet it isn't.
    You need them to make assaulting orgrimmar easier to do. You always take the path of least resistance. I don't know how people do not understand this.
    Sorry this is bull. If the Alliance had any common sense they'd support the dark spear with materials only and just enough for them not to be instantly crushed by Garrosh. That way the Horde, both Hordes would deplete themselves with their infighting weaking both to the point where the Alliance could swoop in and just take them out.
    Instead the Alliance kisses Voljins feet, being his sidekick and being trashtalked while being that, helping the Horde to get rid of Garrosh and Garrosh alone, putting someone else onto the seat of the Warchief, then moving right out, letting the Horde keep all the territory we claimed since Cataclysm hit, leaving Sylvannas who has commited a hell of a lot of atrocities and warcrimes and letting everyone but Garrosh top croonies walk free so the Horde can once more rebuild. Being even stronger than before, having more resources than before and being in a better position to wage war on the Alliance than before.

This doesn't make any kind of sense whatsoever, none at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Technically a lot of the Alliance broke up after the end of the Second War. Warcraft 3 just finished off the two remaining major northern Human kingdoms - Lordaeron and Dalaran. And of course, Silvermoon. But yes, the "Alliance of Stormwind" is quite a different political entity than the old "Alliance of Lordaeron".
    That's true, but the Human Alliances till existed during WarCraft 3, but it was on very shaky grounds since the war ended when they had to tax people for keeping the Orc interment camps intact and because king Genn Greymane completely isolated the militarily strongest of the Human kingdoms from the rest of the world.

I just wanted to re-post this letter from Varian. At first my reaction was like many of the Alliance players in this thread, as it seemed to indicate we would be playing second fiddle to Vol'Jin and just taking orders from him and doing what he said. Even though from a gameplay aspect I would still like it if we had more interaction with our own faction leaders instead of with the Horde's, at least with this I can justify it as we are using Vol'Jin for our own devices.

Quote Originally Posted by Thraim View Post
    I just wanted to re-post this letter from Varian. At first my reaction was like many of the Alliance players in this thread, as it seemed to indicate we would be playing second fiddle to Vol'Jin and just taking orders from him and doing what he said. Even though from a gameplay aspect I would still like it if we had more interaction with our own faction leaders instead of with the Horde's, at least with this I can justify it as we are using Vol'Jin for our own devices.
    Please Varian would you gain something from this damned war for the alliance after We (alliance pride) lost an half of ashenvale, southshore, hillsbrad farms, Theramore etc...?

Deleted
    's far as I can tell he's just being blunt. Not anti-Alliance.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only good Alliance is dead Alliance
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Only good Alliance is dead Alliance
    Foolish words

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Octavius View Post
    Foolish words
    say that to my axes!!!
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

15+ Year Old Account
    say that to my axes!!!
    And my poisoned fists!

say that to my axes!!!
    Wow. What an amazing show of strenght! I could say: say that to my gunships. To my submarines. Mah. Will you say the same to the endless armies of demons? Would you fight them without the alliance? Which is, in lore, a lot more numerous than the Horde? Mah again. My heart stands with the alliance, but I like also many things of the Horde. As enemies, I respect them. And sometime I remember also wow is a fantasy game, not real life.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Will you say the same to the endless armies of demons? Would you fight them without the alliance? Which is, in lore, a lot more numerous than the Horde?
    Thats the thing about the Legion, no one cares about them.
    They pose zero immediate threat to Azeroth right now, the only threat demons pose right now are scattered bands that are nothing but renemants of the Third War

Its easier to focus on the enemy in front of you than some unseen mysterious things from outer space.

The only people who are even remotely worried bout the Legion is Wrathion and perhaps the Draenai.
    Plus, we kicked their asses 3 times already. Should we even be worried?
    Last edited by Dreknar20; 2013-04-12 at 09:58 PM.

Thats the thing about the Legion, no one cares about them.
    They pose zero immediate threat to Azeroth right now, the only threat demons pose right now are scattered bands that are nothing but renemants of the Third War

The only people who are even remotely worried bout the Legion is Wrathion and perhaps the Draenai.
    Plus, we kicked their asses 3 times already. Should we even be worried?
    All you said is right but always with the help (not to say decisive contribution) of...

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    All you said is right but always with the help (not to say decisive contribution) of...
    your words confuse me.....

Please Varian would you gain something from this damned war for the alliance after We (alliance pride) lost an half of ashenvale, southshore, hillsbrad farms, Theramore etc...?
    Hey now, those Hillsbrad farmers had plenty of time to pack their bags and leave. The Forsaken have been harassing those farms since Vanilla. I still think Ashenvale should go entirely back to the Alliance though, save for maybe Splintertree Post like the olden days.

Azeroth kicked the demon asses three times because Horde and Alliance worked together. I don't think the Horde could say:" Yaaa we're powerful and We will controll and protect this world alone!" A world that's not your own.

---------- Post added 2013-04-13 at 12:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Penguintamer View Post
    Hey now, those Hillsbrad farmers had plenty of time to pack their bags and leave. The Forsaken have been harassing those farms since Vanilla. I still think Ashenvale should go entirely back to the Alliance though, save for maybe Splintertree Post like the olden days.
    Likely....

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    A world that's not your own.
    says who?
    The only power that dictates whether someone "owns" something is whoever holds it

says who?
    The only power that dictates whether someone "owns" something is whoever holds it
    Ahaha then humanity should live without laws nor rules where everyone takes what he can get to the detriment of otherpeople. We would be little more than animals (play attention, we're close enough to philosophy here) and, in this case, the Horde hasn't the strenght to take and mantain the whole of Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    And my poisoned fists!
    And my tamed sabertooth duck !!!!

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    And my tamed sabertooth duck !!!!
    not sure if i should be afraid opf that or want to pet it.....

---------- Post added 2013-04-12 at 10:36 PM ----------

Ahaha then humanity should live without laws nor rules where everyone takes what he can get to the detriment of otherpeople. .
    Power and land is limited on a planet. You cannot gain unless someone loses.

10+ Year Old Account
    say that to my axes!!!
    axes are for chumps, and morons who don't figure on an extremely powerful shaman hitting them with lighting and there axe being a perfect conductor.