Robert Dziekanski death ruled homicide

METRO VANCOUVER -- More than five years after the Tasering death of Robert Dziekanski at Vancouver airport, the B.C. Coroner's Service has ruled the incident a homicide.

"Homicide is a death due to an injury intentionally inflicted by the action of another person," wrote Patrick Cullinane in his final report released Monday. It is a neutral term that does not imply fault or blame.

Cullinane concluded the Polish immigrant, who spoke no English, died of cardiac distress that occurred after being restrained and repeatedly Tasered by RCMP officers. He said an autopsy showed no natural diseases or injuries that would have led to Dziekanski's sudden death.

"The pathologist concluded that the most likely cause of death was cardiac death during restraint and noted that the mechanism in such cases is not well understood."
    http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Rob...553/story.html
    I'm upset that this death was not ruled Criminal Homicide/murder. Every time I hear of someone being tazered, I think of this story. It really disgusts me how police will tazer people as a "easy and safe alternative", just to save themselves a bruise or skinned elbow. I don't believe tazers are safe, and I think tazers are overused. I hope further deaths (caused by law enforcement tazers) are treated more harshly with this lesson.

edit: definition of homicide
    Last edited by Ayla; 2013-04-09 at 11:45 PM.