How often do you contact support?

I often hear people complaining about long ticket wait times, so out of curiosity I'm making this thread.
    Also, many times I read "talked with GM about x, contacted GM about y" and most of the time reasons "x" and "y" could be solved by simply using google.
    I always thought support is there if you really need it, if something happened and you have no way of fixing it yourself.

So, during my playing time (started playing during 2.1 if I remember correctly, my account has been active 32 months since then (cca 130 days played)) i've made a ticket 3 times:

1 - During MH raid, awesome +shadow damage cloak dropped and we rolled on it. I won, but loot master didn't see my roll and lock got it. I was really sad because that was an awesome cloak for my spriest and i waited a really long time to see it drop so i made a ticket, but GM told me he can't do anything unless lock contacts him. Everything worked out fine in the end.
    2 - During Cata, i was doing quests in Silverpine Forest and when I abandoned one quest and went back to pick it up again, the whole area was empty, no NPCs in sight. I waited 4 days (until weekly reset), and because that didn't help I was forced to ask help from support to advance that questline.
    3 - one year during Winter Veil, there was some cake that you could obtain only one time, but many people didn't know that you should save it for later for achievement, and not eat it right away. I was one of those people so a ticked was made.

I think those are legitimate reasons for contacting support, and now I would like to hear what you people have to say about this.

BUMP, i would really like to read some answers to my question

Seems I've had to make one every 3-5 months or so. Not all that often considering how much I play. I'd say 90% of them were for a raid achievement or something that was just bugged at the time. Never really made any pre-achievement system. I think my most recent one was when the Scenaturdist achievement was bugged months ago and before that I sent one for a bugged ToT4W achieve that was preventing me from finishing glory of the cata raider but that was almost a year ago.
    Last edited by mistahwilshire; 2013-04-19 at 07:18 PM.

never , cause im botting, yolo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Valdemar View Post
    Holy shit reading that post made my eyes feel weird. My sight is superfocused too...

fuck this shit man I'm going to sleep

I normally end up contacting support -- either about a bug, or freeing up a character name, or something else along those lines -- once every couple of months. Normally, the ticket doesn't take more than a couple of days to resolve and, so far anyway, my experiences with the GMs have been good.

It never occurred to me to contact them for general information. Is that something people do?
    The Devil Wears Transmog
    World of Warcraft Fashion for the Discerning Adventurer

Deleted
    sometimes either due to bug or my/their fault or sometimes enquiry about promotions, and i have always been able to quickly get them. so whenever i hear bad cs from wow team i get skeptic.. that said i fucking hate any phone companies cs.

About 2 to 4 times a year I think. Usually because of a bug.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once or 2 a month.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Deleted
    My most common reason for contacting customer support is to make already taken names available. As I understand it, the rule is that they can only free up the name if the owner of the characters account has been inactive for at least three months or more. At that point all the names of his/her characters are fair game for anyone who contacts a GM.

Other than that I can't really think of any time I contacted customer support, other than potential bugs with quests and the like, but I always search for answers on the web before I actually send them a ticket.

As for how often I make a ticket in overall I would say... Maybe two times per year?

I am however guilty of asking them for a GM joke every time they contact me.

The only time I've ever contacted them was to see if inactive character names could be opened up and to get back heirlooms I deleted by accident before a manual restore was an option, otherwise I google to death whatever a fix could be on my own.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

10+ Year Old Account
    Used to be a few times a day, with an addon that submitted lists of bad names and gold spammers before right click reporting existed. Since then? I can think of once. It was to reset a named quest mob in Icecrown that wasn't respawning and cockblocking me from finishing Northrend Loremaster.
    Last edited by Miralynn; 2013-04-19 at 11:13 PM.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
    I often hear people complaining about long ticket wait times, so out of curiosity I'm making this thread.
    Also, many times I read "talked with GM about x, contacted GM about y" and most of the time reasons "x" and "y" could be solved by simply using google.
    I always thought support is there if you really need it, if something happened and you have no way of fixing it yourself.

So, during my playing time (started playing during 2.1 if I remember correctly, my account has been active 32 months since then (cca 130 days played)) i've made a ticket 3 times:

1 - During MH raid, awesome +shadow damage cloak dropped and we rolled on it. I won, but loot master didn't see my roll and lock got it. I was really sad because that was an awesome cloak for my spriest and i waited a really long time to see it drop so i made a ticket, but GM told me he can't do anything unless lock contacts him. Everything worked out fine in the end.
    2 - During Cata, i was doing quests in Silverpine Forest and when I abandoned one quest and went back to pick it up again, the whole area was empty, no NPCs in sight. I waited 4 days (until weekly reset), and because that didn't help I was forced to ask help from support to advance that questline.
    3 - one year during Winter Veil, there was some cake that you could obtain only one time, but many people didn't know that you should save it for later for achievement, and not eat it right away. I was one of those people so a ticked was made.

I think those are legitimate reasons for contacting support, and now I would like to hear what you people have to say about this.
    At one time when I was pretty active I would often report people via tickets before such they redid the report system. However, it never seemed to work and even from all the obvious evidence and automated responses (hate the part where they patronize you and talk like they are living in another world instead of solving the problem) and lack of action I gave up. So this was a year back.

Uh.....I can think of three times.

1. Back in BC, some Blacksmithing plan dropped in Tempest Keep (think it was for the Red Belt of Battle). I was the main blacksmith in our guild and was supposed to get it, but some priest accidentally grabbed it. I can't remember how. Anyway, we put in a GM ticket, and it got transferred to me (remember, you couldn't trade items back and forth in BC like you can now, so it required GM intervention).

2. I forget which boss it was, but some boss in Ulduar glitched and instantly despawned when he died, so we couldn't get any loot. We all put in GM tickets about it.

3. Some horde player was exploiting to avoid guards and kill players in Ironforge, so I reported him. If I remember correctly, he figured out some way to get under the floor and shoot through it or something (he was a hunter). Somehow he found out that I was the one who reported him, and I ended up having to put like 2 of his friends on ignore because they wouldn't shut up.

Oh yeah....just remembered a fourth one. One of my guildies got hacked, and I put in a ticket for him to speed up the process of getting his account locked.

I didn't have particularly long wait times on those. I think on #2 I logged before they got back to me, and I had an email from a GM waiting in my inbox when I logged on the next day.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2013-04-20 at 03:21 PM.

Deleted
    I've contacted support four times, two were during wotlk and simple loot re-assignments due to the fact that being drunk and master looter was apparently not a wise decision. Then another twice, once during wotlk and once during cataclysm, due to a guild officer getting hacked and losing the guild bank. All four times the return time was very quick (within 24 hours), and the loot was reassigned and we got our guild bank back.

Probably on average once a year.

15+ Year Old Account
    Never really. Sometimes when I saw 50 bots entering and exiting instances I would make a ticket as reporting them individually would make me DC, as the game was thinking I was abusing the report system.

Still the reply I got was that I needed to report them by clicking on their portrait.. Guess they didn't even read my ticket.
    Last edited by Kuja; 2013-04-20 at 03:16 PM.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!