Deleted

Resto Druid or Mistweaver?

My guild are currently progressing through Throne of Thunder normal modes but as we venture further into the raid I'm starting to get bored of my Resto Druid. I've been considering swapping to Mistweaver for a few days now but just wanted to see if there was anything I should consider with this? How are Mistweavers in comparison to Resto Druids in 10-man raids? If it's any use to you our healing make up is usually a Disc priest and a Holy paladin and then myself on my druid, but potentially my mistweaver eventually.

Will it make much of a difference switching from a utility/healing strength point of view?

Mistweavers are pretty decent. They can put out some DPS which is helpful in 10 mans (and has a bigger impact than it would in 25s). Their HPS is probably third behind disc priests and hpallies, and they have a lot of raw throughput as well, but they offer lots of utility. A Revival after door 2 on Horridon makes mistweavers super OP. A couple of key utilities in the talents (90% soak, leg sweep, etc) makes them pretty clutch for certain things.

And I'd say they're just as mobile as rdruids, which is the main advantage of rdruids afaik.

The only thing I'd say against MW is boomkin is a much better choice for a 3rd healer going DPS than WW, not because of the damage so much as the ranged cleave vs. the additional melee.

If you don't enjoy your druid anymore, switch to your monk. You will perform better on it if you are more motivated on your monk than on your druid. And when you get to Lei Shen, the monks' statue is really great in the transition phases and in general they're quite equal. No major differences for either side, in my opinion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    Well our Raid loves Symbiosis for extra Tank CDs o forSP tranquility. Really a lot of Cheese. Stampeding Roar too whereas Monks..

He does heal nice and Cocoon is amazing but our Guild is noob and I am gthe only one collecting Mastery balls to be healed up.
    That's true. I don't think our raid will miss the Symbiosis though. Probably should have mentioned that we have another two druids not including myself and usually the classes I'm left to choose with after the other two have sorted their Symbiosis out don't have anything beneficial for me/and I have nothing beneficial to give them either so a lot of the time I feel like my Symbiosis is wasted >:

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends. Sitting your druid if it's gotten lots of loot is, from a RL perspective, problematic. Why did they gear the druid only to see that gear sit? You have two other druids... you presumably have won some gear that could have gone to them (if one or both of them are boomkins) but is now being sat. On the other hand, being int leather it was likely a shard if the other druids were feral or guardian, so that's situational.

The other issue is what the raid needs. If you can heal as well on the monk as on the druid and the monk's gearing won't hold back the raid then I'd say go with monk if you like it. As a former RL, though, I would ask youto commit to the monk for the rest of this tier (unless you try it one week, hate it and want to go back). I wouldn't want you deciding every 3 or 4 weeks that you're bored and now you want to bring, say, your priest healer.

TLDR? From an individual perspective, bring what you like to play as long as it doesn't gimp the raid. From a raid perspective, be prepared to commit to a toon for awhile.
    Last edited by clevin; 2013-04-10 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    Well our Raid loves Symbiosis for extra Tank CDs o forSP tranquility.
    The shadow priest's Tranquility is waste of channel time. The heal is abysmal and not worth casting. Other abilities from Symbiosis can be useful though.