Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    i just hang it off the desk with one of the eacups holding it up.

I don't use a headset, but I bought a $5 banana stand from Walmart for my headphones...

You can see it in the far left of this picture:

Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2013-04-10 at 02:48 PM.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    in front of the monitor, the stand is high enough to not block the view when i'm not wearing it (like...never)

Never used headphones myself, but from what i've seen of others using it the place it:
    A: On the head while walking away from the computer.
    B: in a way they will stumble over it on the way out.
    C: Place the wire around the wheel, to ensure nobody can run away with it
    D: placing it on the other side than the way they leave the chair
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Quote Originally Posted by wfredlund View Post
    I drilled a hook into the wall next to my desk and I hang it up there.
    just what l did and with my work desk l used a self tapping screw hook on the corner desk

10+ Year Old Account
    Hanging on the edge of my desk, facing the wall. Seems to work quite well
    I like juice

Deleted
    I have a small shelf right next to my desk and i have my 360 pad for my pc there aswell and ontop of the pad is the headset that i only use the mic on once a blue moon i actuly use the headset for more then being a mic.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanto View Post
    My bearded dragon's tank is right next to my PC and I just pop 'em on top of it when they're not in use.
    That sounds like an excellent way to get salmonella and shit your guts out for three days straight.

My HAF 922 fits my V 2000 like a glove on top, right over the place that fits my Xbox 360 wired controller.
    Last edited by Demoness; 2013-04-10 at 03:04 PM.

My desk has a top shelf up above the monitors where I put all sorts of things I do not want my 2 year old to reach, including my G35 Headset. Just 2 days ago though, she learned if she stands on my chair, which is dangerous enough, she can reach up there and grab other dangerous and/or breakable things.

---------- Post added 2013-04-10 at 10:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Demoness View Post
    That sounds like an excellent way to get salmonella and shit your guts out for three days straight.

My HAF 922 fits my V 2000 like a glove on top, right over the place that fits my Xbox 360 wired controller.
    Actually, it is very very rare and uncommon for beardies, or any reptiles really, that were bred and raised in captivity to have salmonella. The stories you hear about people catching it are from those that were caught in the wild or housed with those caught in the wild. I would be more concerned with the fact that when beardies shit it stinks, bad, at least mine did.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Actually, it is very very rare and uncommon for beardies, or any reptiles really, that were bred and raised in captivity to have salmonella. The stories you hear about people catching it are from those that were caught in the wild or housed with those caught in the wild. I would be more concerned with the fact that when beardies shit it stinks, bad, at least mine did.
    My ball python bred and hatched in captivity would beg to differ. She has burned me with it before because I touched my face once while handling her. I am very careful with what I touch and let her touch now. As far as I know, all egg laying reptiles carry it, captivity or not. I am glad luck is on your side though. It is only dangerous to infants and elderly, but it is extremely painful and messy for everyone else.

I usually just throw it on top of my tower

10+ Year Old Account
    Mine hangs horizontally about a foot to the left of my keyboard when I'm not using it. My keyboard sits on a thin sliding rack in my desk. The headset cable is EXACTLY long enough for this to work properly :P

Quote Originally Posted by Killora View Post
    If your dog can reach halfway down your desk, pick up your headsets, and drag them off the table, either your desk is far too small, or your dog is far too big.
    See the thing is my boxer is smart enough to push the chair up to my desk and use the chair to reach the top shelf where I use to keep my headset. I now keep it in a drawer that has a baby-proof latch on it cause she can open drawers too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demoness View Post

It's a good thing I've raised reptiles (leopard geckos, this beardie and a ball python) for a number of years and have never, knock on wood, had a case of salmonella. That's like saying "Lol you had Taco Bell for lunch? Have fun camping the throne tonight." Different people, different experiences. Can't chalk it up as a general thing that will happen.

On the side of my bed, or where ever they decide to get knocked to when i fall asleep =p

10+ Year Old Account
    Hanging from my headphone holder.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Hanto View Post
    It's a good thing I've raised reptiles (leopard geckos, this beardie and a ball python) for a number of years and have never, knock on wood, had a case of salmonella. That's like saying "Lol you had Taco Bell for lunch? Have fun camping the throne tonight." Different people, different experiences. Can't chalk it up as a general thing that will happen.
    Same, had 2 Mex-Mex (San Luis Potosi Kingsnakes), 4 Beardies, 1 Leopard Gecko, several Crested Geckos and a turtle. Handled them all the time. Never once had any issues, nor has anyone at the pet shop I prefer, nor any of my other reptile collecting and breeding friends. They can carry it, for long amounts of time, so if he was exposed to it even once, he is then a carrier. It happens, but as I said in the first post, it's very very rare.

Deleted
    Seriously what is up with this banana holder thing.

It's almost meme worthy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    on my head or on my desk

Just randomly on my table, when i don't have them on my head.