hey guys, right im alright with using pcs, when it comes to networking, this isnt my area

ive been using this powerline http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 for a a couple of months now, been working just fine and when i first got them, i paired them up perfectly fine, was paired at the sockets at first then moved over to some extension leads, the modem is connected to a wireless router, a belkin g standard one.

now ive recently bought a new ethernet wire simply to manage cables more and a new extension power lead, mostly for surge protection since the old ones were really basic, however, upon reconnecting all the plugs, cant seem to establish a connection to the net anymore with them, they dont seem to be connection to the router so as a result no connection to the net, it does say it cant work with extension cords, but thats how i was working them last time, ive changed the original cable, still having issues, ive tried to repair them and everything even at the wall sockets, im prob doing something wrong here, oh my internet is with virgin media

wondering if any one can give me a helping hand, really dont like using wireless, and im 2 floors up from the router so a very long wire will become messy