Deleted

Rare Pandaren - AoE

I noticed that my pet can no longer tank through the aoe whirlwind of rare pandaren mobs - dead in like 3 seconds. When did this get changed? I could tank them just fine before, but now (with the delayed pet reaction to setting it passive to return to me) it's usually dead before i manage to have it retreat. Same with those copies from Stampede.

Was this an intended change? I know this isn't blizz forum i just wondered why they would actually make an aoe ignore the 90% reduction (from my experience this usually happens when new stuff releases and gets changed afterwards so the pets don't die, not the other way round).

This is good, always depressed me when I'd have a rare pop up and see a hunter on it, no mater how bad the hunter might be they'd still win, so I'd just fly away since there'd be no chance of a reset.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's been this way for a while. I think it came with 5.2. Just use Scatter Shot to stop the spin. On the plus side, they won't re-cast the heal after Silencing Shot like they used to.
    Curiously, Mogu and Mantid AoE are still safe, the change only came for Pandaren.
    Old Gods made me do it.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    I've noticed the same thing. It's very annoying, because it's close to impossible to save your pet from the whirlwind. And the silencing shot does not work 100% of the time on the heal, for whatever strange reason. By that I mean it'll disrupt the heal, but then the NPC casts it again a few seconds later. Happens maybe 1 out of 10 or 20 times.

I got no problems with them because I'm well geared and can burn them down in like 20-30 seconds., but for a badly geared hunter I think the pandaren rares can be extremely hard now.
    Last edited by Beace; 2013-04-10 at 11:22 AM.

Interrupt whirlwind -> profit.

Master's call? Scatter Shot? Use your skills.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BergErr View Post
    Interrupt whirlwind -> profit.
    He does the whirlwind a lot more often than every 30 seconds. So with low dps you'll run into trouble (after the first set of scatter shot - readiness - scatter shot).

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Master's call? Scatter Shot? Use your skills.
    What good do you think Master's Call does?

Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post
    He does the whirlwind a lot more often than every 30 seconds. So with low dps you'll run into trouble (after the first set of scatter shot - readiness - scatter shot).
    Has a melee that has to run out of the AoE, it's pretty hard to feel sorry for hunters and Warlocks because they can't leave their pets in their to ignore the AoE. If there was only some way you could recall your pet, some means to put it in some kind of passive state. Of course, that would require the hunter to pay attention to the cast bars.

I guess some haven't tried soloing the Warscrouts that call the Vengeful spirit, guess you think the pets should get to ignore their attacks too.

What good do you think Master's Call does?
    Pulls your pet to you, away from the Spinning Crane Kick. In which you can put it on passive or hit follow right after to keep it away for a few seconds.

OT: Happy with this change, as someone already mentioned, it was saddening to watch some terrible Hunter or Warlock kill rares because their pet did all the work for them by taking zero damage from shit that should kill you.

Good change, since it's so very visible. A warlock with a voidwalker that could just tank it there, were rather annoying.
    Died twice to rares. First time were a lvl 85 pandaren, and i ware a lvl 90 good geared tank, so i thought i could ignore "this lowlvl panda spin"
    got 3 shot by that spin, while the lock i were with (lvl 85) killed it, with her voidy not taking any noticable damage.
    Not so freaking hard to call the pat back when the spin comes, just like every melee that have to run out(My old main is a warlock).
    Hunters have even easier ways to call the pet back.

Can see why it would be a bit unfair to have this change to the faster, and less visible things though, since the manual movement is somewhat delayed. Not enough to not being able to pull it out of spins though.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Has a melee that has to run out of the AoE, it's pretty hard to feel sorry for hunters and Warlocks because they can't leave their pets in their to ignore the AoE. If there was only some way you could recall your pet, some means to put it in some kind of passive state. Of course, that would require the hunter to pay attention to the cast bars.

I guess some haven't tried soloing the Warscrouts that call the Vengeful spirit, guess you think the pets should get to ignore their attacks too.
    I've fought plenty of them on my warrior, and he has an easier time of it than my hunter does. The problem is that when you tell your pet to return to you, it takes something like 1-2 seconds before it reacts. By then, it's dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Pulls your pet to you, away from the Spinning Crane Kick. In which you can put it on passive or hit follow right after to keep it away for a few seconds.
    I'll have to admit I never thought of that trick for an instant pull back of the pet, will have to give it a try next time I run across one.

You also got intimidation and hearth of the phoenix.
    Didn't try but glyphing Explosive trap might also work.

I've fought plenty of them on my warrior, and he has an easier time of it than my hunter does. The problem is that when you tell your pet to return to you, it takes something like 1-2 seconds before it reacts. By then, it's dead.
    I dunno, If you fight enough of them, you can almost always predict when they are about to do their spinning kick, It seems to be about 20-25 secs after the last one, or the last special. Worse case, I pull the pet too early, and he starts the kick close to me, in which I disengage out with the Pet still on follow, should have you safe and buy you enough time. Obviously, you can't make that mistake everytime.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2013-04-10 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Thats a pretty easy mechanic to deal with. See spirit, multishot, kite, kill warscout. The spin kills your pet before you can get it away using the normal passive ability. Maybe masters call is better I havent tried it, I just skip high level pandaren rares now since I already have their stuff and it was already enough of a pain to interrupt the heal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thiron View Post
    It's been this way for a while. I think it came with 5.2. Just use Scatter Shot to stop the spin. On the plus side, they won't re-cast the heal after Silencing Shot like they used to.
    Curiously, Mogu and Mantid AoE are still safe, the change only came for Pandaren.
    Thanks, worked like a charm - i tend to forget about scatter shot all the time because i usually switch between concussive shot and scatter shot on my PvE bar.

I wouldn't mind pulling my pet back manually - IF it would react faster to commands issued. Masters Call does work well, it's got a fairly large cooldown though (i would love mind a pet ability doing the same without the cc breaking and charge .. basically just instantly coming back to me with normal speed).

Btw having read up the latest comments - I tried to tank a Warbringer, pet can't outlast it's melee swings (it might be doable with t5 2-piece but that'd be a real bump in damage output) or I'm just bad at it :P - Scouts are easy but those are never up on my server ... too much competition

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    On warbringer, you can pet-tank it with some tricks, but with "no taunt" change it became a bit harder. If you're doing it as BM, you lose a lot of dps from tenacity pet. If you're doing it as SV/MM, you (now) lose a lot of dps from many misdirects and many feigns, since pet just can't keep aggro without growl.
    Before taunts were disabled, I could (barely) do it with Turtle + Spirit Bond + Glyph of Animal Bond + Glyph of Mending....+ Master's call when pet's HP is low (gives 2-3 ticks of mend pet).
    Old Gods made me do it.

I could faceroll warbringers before they buffed them, now I have to actually try. It's still doable, I can still solo them it just takes more skill (and gear)

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart