Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Exclamation Vol'jin for Warchief is a Warchief for Future Peace?

In 5.3 dialogue Vol'jin can be heard saying "I put my faith in de Alliance to do de right ting." & "Maybe someday I call you friend".

See for yourself:

Could a Warchief Vol'jin lead to future peace with Alliance?

I have no idea, do you?

Thoughts, opinions, rage, etc.?

World of PeaceCraft! I like Vol'jin but there must always be a WARchief ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by MiLLeR View Post
    World of PeaceCraft! I like Vol'jin but there must always be a WARchief ^_^
    Between the Alliance and Horde maybe eventually. That sound like Peacecraft to you?

10+ Year Old Account
    There can be no peace... It's Warcraft after all

Quote Originally Posted by kage View Post
    Between the Alliance and Horde maybe eventually. That sound like Peacecraft to you?
    Im confused, what you said makes no sense in reference to what I said.. though im sleepy, am I missing something?

Im confused, what you said makes no sense in reference to what I said.. though im sleepy, am I missing something?
    You implied that if the Horde and Alliance were ever at peace it would somehow remove all war from Warcraft and that Vol'jin even considering it made him unfit.

It may not have been what you meant, but that's kinda how it sounded.

You implied that if the Horde and Alliance were ever at peace it would somehow remove all war from Warcraft and that Vol'jin even considering it made him unfit.

It may not have been what you meant, but that's kinda how it sounded.
    Oh, im retarded lol. That was basically what I was saying. Not so much that it made Vol'jin unfit, but rather there will always be conflict between Horde and Alliance for the sake of gameplay/story/etc? Im rapidly losing what my point was, as even in times of relative peace there was still ongoing battles between Horde and Alliance so even if there were PEACE, there would still be groups fighting each other. Perhaps that was my point, no matter what Warchief we had, there would always be conflict between the 2 factions. I should go to sleep now

Yeah, War will remain.But who's to say that it will remain between Alliance and Horde? War itself can be between anything, Alliance+Horde vs Burning Legion still counts as WARcraft.

Yeah technically war with other factions would still be warcraft but no, no peace, the core of the entire franchise is and always will be orcs vs humans.

Oh, im retarded lol. That was basically what I was saying. Not so much that it made Vol'jin unfit, but rather there will always be conflict between Horde and Alliance for the sake of gameplay/story/etc? Im rapidly losing what my point was, as even in times of relative peace there was still ongoing battles between Horde and Alliance so even if there were PEACE, there would still be groups fighting each other. Perhaps that was my point, no matter what Warchief we had, there would always be conflict between the 2 factions. I should go to sleep now
    You have a good point. There never really is peace in Warcraft even during peace times. This is mostly just an indication the full might of the Horde and Alliance armies might someday be focused on threats like a Burning Legion invasion rather than each other.

10+ Year Old Account
    might be some sort of sease-fire rather then peace. 6.0 Alliance+Horde vs Legion seems to be the trend to be fair.

15+ Year Old Account
    Better odds of Lorthemar gets to be warchief.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Deleted
    I assume we'll go into a sort of "cold war" or armistice rather than actual peace treaties. There will still be little skirmishes, but not all out war.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandible View Post
    Better odds of Lorthemar gets to be warchief.
    Why?

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    I recon the factions actually merging to become one could be quite cool, seeing as org will probably be near flattened in the seige would be nice to see orcs and trolls etc roaming around stormwind... Plus I recon if the threat was big enough we'd be forced to anyway. Now that would definately not take the war out... all out war against a "3rd faction" (not necessarily player faction) would be amazing, if done right.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mteq View Post
    might be some sort of sease-fire rather then peace. 6.0 Alliance+Horde vs Legion seems to be the trend to be fair.
    I agree with this - a cease-fire between A/H, not forming one big army, but rather instead of Alliance vs Horde vs global threat it could be A/H vs global threat, with Alliance and Horde not working against eachother, like they are now, but both taking their own fight to the enemy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well its still not even on the cards he will be warchief, everything seems to be following his story now from the horde perspective.

honestly, I'm still pissed at all this, that the only way blizzard was able to conclude all this was to have the orcs go bad guys against there own faction. It doesn't create a strong theme of redemption for them anymore.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why?
    Even if Vol´jin is being positioned as the main leader of the opposition Lorthemar got better ties to the alliance to maintain some form of "peace", and would seem odd if Vol´jin suddenly wanted to lead the entire horde instead of watching from the sidelines helping to guide it in the right direction. Fx. if he wasn´t interested in leading during Warcraft 3 (and considering the condition of the orcs at the time it would be reasonable) then I don´t see an indication that this would have changed now even with all the time thats gone by.
    "Only Jack can zip up."

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Well its still not even on the cards he will be warchief, everything seems to be following his story now from the horde perspective.

honestly, I'm still pissed at all this, that the only way blizzard was able to conclude all this was to have the orcs go bad guys against there own faction. It doesn't create a strong theme of redemption for them anymore.
    I wouldn't give up on the orcs just yet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post

Because they as a whole isn´t supposed to have redemption. If you are suddenly able to see either party as black or white its too easy to forsee whats going to happen next - if its instead only a portion of a race / side going nuts its only the remaining part that goes the "true path" that will be free.
    "Only Jack can zip up."