Greater Invis. on Heroic Horridon

My 10man just started H Horridon attempts last night and I was curious how greater invis affects the pink direhorn. Iirc, I read that dropping threat can cause the direhorn to bug out and fixate on another person, but they won't be able to target/see it. Is that correct?

I've ran with Cold Snap all of MoP so far, but since we're a little low on dispellers the "removes two DoTs" portion of GI sounds pretty nifty. However, if I'll end up getting someone killed, then obviously I won't use it.

Anyone know for sure how invis. affects the fixatied pink direhorn?

Deleted
    Who cares about the rest?! Save yourself! RUN!

Since FD doesn't do anything, I highly doubt Invis do.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

Pink direhorn sounds so dirty.

Feign, Vanish and Invis work very similarly, so if one doesn't work the others usually won't either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Invising does drop the fixate on the dino afaik. Think I killed a tank once like that, and on our kill a rogue vanished and got the tank killed as well :P I think the new target can see it but chances are they won't react in time since they're not expecting it and the line is maybe also not there.

In any case, IB removes all dots/bleeds anyways so I found Cold Snap quite nice. Even tho at the end didn't use it for clearing myself that much, just IB'ing direcalls / war god AoE hits in last phase.

Deleted
    My dino killed our pala healer last raid. I had mirrors up and used invis, once the mirrors ended it went straight for our pala and one shotted him.

On every H Horridon try i've done(and there's a lot of tries) images never affected the direhorn that was fixated on me. With invis however while you are invisible you're still linked to the direhorn but he targets someone else. As soon as you exit invis he starts comming back to you.

#showtooltip
    /cast Invisibility
    /cancelaura Invisibility

On every H Horridon try i've done(and there's a lot of tries) images never affected the direhorn that was fixated on me. With invis however while you are invisible you're still linked to the direhorn but he targets someone else. As soon as you exit invis he starts comming back to you.
    what he said basicly And once u come outta invis, iv'e experienced losing the "string-link"(red or so) between him for the rest of the attempt.

Mirror images doesn't affect the dino. He won't even attack your clones.

Invis DOES drop the fixate, and it WILL target another person and 1 shot them if they are in range. After invis is over, he will re-target you but the red "string" will not re-appear in most cases.

Well today we got him around 20% everything going smooth direcall coming and my thought: Im gonna help healers ginvis. <direhorn gone on rampage killing everything in range> 10 sek after wipe: well we died bcs healers couldnt control theire dinos it happens... I smiled and changed to cauterize.

Was fun to watch;D

Quote Originally Posted by Arag View Post
    Well today we got him around 20% everything going smooth direcall coming and my thought: Im gonna help healers ginvis. <direhorn gone on rampage killing everything in range> 10 sek after wipe: well we died bcs healers couldnt control theire dinos it happens... I smiled and changed to cauterize.

Was fun to watch;D
    Thanks for all the replies everyone, I'm going to stick with cold snap :P

Deleted
    Today my Direhorn Spirit was stuck on evade, couldn't knock him back. With the next Dire Call i got a 2nd Spirit on me. That was fun ... At least the try still turned into a kill.

Deleted
    Yes, using invisibility sometimes causes the Direhorn Spirit to fixate other players for the rest of the fight. Sometimes you can invis and become visible again and have it resume following you, but not all the time. Never use invisibility on this fight! You'll feel silly when half the raid dies to your invisible dinosaur - I definitely did.