Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Yes I have tested it. The spell needs to land when the proc is on to be free of mana.
    Okay that's good. Then it's much less micromanagement, just spammin

So I am sitting at 5836 (little over because of the HST, HTT bug) and when my meta proc's from lets say a RT, I am able to get one tidal wave cast plus an instant cast OR 2 HS and an instant cast, if you're chain casting the HS.

Side note, the gem can proc off of talent switching .

Trying very hard to use wowreforge dotcom to get to 7613 haste, but it's not updated.
    I'm not very familiar with AskMrRobot.

Anyone know how to use the EditWeights to reach that exact haste threshhold via gemming/enchanting/etc..?
    Wowreforge is much easier to input specific breakpoints. But AMR seems more robust in suggesting regemming and such.

I just need to learn to translate those breakpoints/weights.
    What mod or website do you use Puupi?

Any help appreciated.

(look me up as Varzik on US Stormrage as I can't post url's yet)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varzik View Post
    Trying very hard to use wowreforge dotcom to get to 7613 haste, but it's not updated.
    I'm not very familiar with AskMrRobot.

Anyone know how to use the EditWeights to reach that exact haste threshhold via gemming/enchanting/etc..?
    Wowreforge is much easier to input specific breakpoints. But AMR seems more robust in suggesting regemming and such.

I just need to learn to translate those breakpoints/weights.
    What mod or website do you use Puupi?

Any help appreciated.

(look me up as Varzik on US Stormrage as I can't post url's yet)
    I use an addon called ReforgeLite.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Need my 10th post.

I figured out how to use the weights. I initially was aiming for unbuffed haste, but realized it aims for raid buffed.
    Once I entered 30% raid buffed haste, Ask Mr Robot worked flawlessly.

Basically I would be trading 6% crit to reach 7613 haste.

Still think that's worth it, Puupi?

My guild just cleared 2nd full run of normal. Won't be trying heroics for at least a couple more weeks due to scheduling conflicts.

Edit: I do have 4 pc t15.
    Playing around with AMR, I can also exchange 1120 spirit (dropping it to 10.8k which should be fine for 10 man + both t14 spi proc trinkets) plus that 6.5% crit to reach 33.29% haste to get 3rd extra tick of HST. Too much? :-P
    Last edited by Varzik; 2013-04-12 at 09:39 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    @Varzik

I do think it's worth it. You should try it yourself though.
    You have 2x int trinkets and "rather low" item level, so I think you should drop all the crit from gear you can. Crit is nice for HPS and regen if you can stack it high enough to be reliable, but if you are running at low crit rates, a fluctuation of couple of percentages doesn't make a damn difference. It's just so RNG.

Therefore, I suggest you reforge to 7613 haste, maximize spirit after that, put the remaining points in mastery. If you can manage your mana with that setup, it should be good.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stoixeio View Post
    I am a resto shaman running with 5k spirit and focusing on haste caps>crit>mastery. We have started trying hcs with my guild and i have no problem at all manawise or throughputwise. With the meta gems that are soon to be able to be bought i wonder, is it worth replacing my + 3% crit effect with the free cast spell meta? I am droping HST on cd and recalling it refunding all my mana and i spam lb at the boss w/e i can and so far i havent faced any problem whatsoever and we do try to 2 heal most of the fights.

I would be very interested in what other shamans think about it.
    You doing heroic ToT with 5k spirit?

Is it just me that finds that hard to believe?

Vixsin (probably the Resto Shaman I look to the most for what to do).

Is running 15.5k

Edit for armory and logs:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...healz/advanced

There are some logs as well!

http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/174549/

That is interesting stuff.
    Last edited by mmoc3dde1cb131; 2013-04-12 at 10:14 AM.

The Meta gem proc has 10-15% uptime. You can't necessarily track the proc and adjust your spell selection around it because most of our high mana expenditure abilities are tied to cooldowns and need to be used on cooldown most of the time. However, you can just equip it, and heal normally, and you are looking at a 10-15% reduction in total mana expenditure across the board.

That is absolutely huge. A conservative estimate puts the proc being worth 3200 mp5/5800 Spirit. That is the equivalent regen gain of 2 Resto Shaman using MTT on CD in your raid, and over twice the gain of the Horridon trinket. You definitely want to use the legendary meta and then adjust gearing around it/drop Spirit if desired.

Deleted
    In 25 man it will be worth picking up for sure. As Tibbee said, the mana saved personally trumps the personal loss of spirit. It's sad to give up the 850ish spirit for other healers during tide, as well as the extra healing from crit, but unless you are solely in the raid for mana tide then you really shouldn't worry about it.

I think after Ra-Den dies I'm going to re-gem for full int and have some fun on farm

15+ Year Old Account
    @Quilzar

5k spirit and loads of intellect + hps secondaries... He has Horridon's Last Grasp, which is an OP trinket, though.

His output is huge, but I think it is very risky to play that way. You NEED to spam Lightning Bolt quite much with that kind of stat setup. And you NEED to recall HST. With that low mana regen, heavy damage phases drain your mana (because you need to spam GHW and HR, budget heals won't do the trick even with those stats) and there is no way getting the mana back in a reasonable timeline.

Unfortunately he hasn't got many heroic kills yet. I would love to see his performance on Council, Durumu and Megaera.

Deleted
    "Loving" the RNG on secrets of the empire drops. Still stuck on 13 :|

As for our personal spirit considerations - a good thing to account for is that the other healers in your raid will also be using this gem, which means manatide won't be as crucial both in 10/25 mans, because most healers (except for us and holy paladins) will just be using their normal rotational heals. Ultimately this will just decrease the value of spirit across the board. Returning to int(&secondary gems) stacking?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta say i disagree with a lot of the advice that has been given in this thread so far. Assuming HR UE combo on CD you should be using the meta proc to spam Healing Surge since it has a higher HPS then GHW, furthermore this allows you to not go for the 7k haste threshhold (unless your gear is of the 532+). Secondly for the people saying that we cant use the proc in periods of low healing, drop expensive totems and recall them 1 minute later for a free 30k mana (for example HST and Magma) this was mentioned before and is actually brilliant.

Finally i would like to discourage any1 from going Stoixeio's seudo 5k spirit build since its obvioulsly quite shit. With your gear you can easily log 1 in the world on a lot fights if u had gone for a normal crit based build.

This is my char: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Miga/advanced

These are my logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/17...kings/players/
    Last edited by Miga; 2013-04-12 at 01:39 PM.
    <a href=http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormscale/Miga/advanced" target="_blank">Armory</a>

Ehmmm i was called a troll wtf. My character name is Voodoohealz and i am on kazzak. I do run with 5k spriti and 30% crit and yes i have no problem healing at all. No i have not many hc kills yet. I downed Ji-kun yday but we 3 healed it. I have tried Tortos hc too and my mana has never been a problem. Only our members not being prepared for the fight. During progression in normal tot i wasnt fully hc geared from previous tier and still i didnt face any mana problems at all. For specific fights like magaera yes i would consider switching for more spirit but its just a matter of playstyle and how familiar u are with it. It is just my playstyle.

wow-heroes.com/character/eu/Kazzak/Voodoohealz/

there are some of my logs so u know i dont troll u. Just recall the HST 100% and its a win. free healz for all !

Deleted
    Rule number 1 of participating in raid-centric discussions on mmo-c:
    Disregard forum warriors with progression lower than yourself if they don't bring any valid ideas or criticism. It's obvious that Miga didn't even consider how your build preference might function and just posted a kneejerk reaction. Normal log rankings don't matter, what matters is the survival of your raid group, and stoixeio is obviously getting the job done.
    Last edited by mmocd0828b0993; 2013-04-12 at 02:41 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miga View Post
    Gotta say i disagree with a lot of the advice that has been given in this thread so far. Assuming HR UE combo on CD you should be using the meta proc to spam Healing Surge since it has a higher HPS then GHW, furthermore this allows you to not go for the 7k haste threshhold (unless your gear is of the 532+). Secondly for the people saying that we cant use the proc in periods of low healing, drop expensive totems and recall them 1 minute later for a free 30k mana (for example HST and Magma) this was mentioned before and is actually brilliant.

Finally i would like to discourage any1 from going Stoixeio's seudo 5k spirit build since its obvioulsly quite shit. With your gear you can easily log 1 in the world on a lot fights if u had gone for a normal crit based build.

This is my char: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Miga/advanced

These are my logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/17...kings/players/
    Have you tried a similar build Stoixeio is having? Or do you have any other "proof" that it is "obviously quite shit"? Ranking on heals doesn't tell the whole story, usually just higher HPS means that your raid is taking extra damage or your other healers are slacking.

There aren't many encounters where you should UE+HR on CD in 10 mans. And I believe most of us shamans are tied to tank healing in heroic mode, other healers can raid heal spread out situations better. That's why UE+HR isn't used on CD for the majority of encounters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blindlad View Post
    Rule number 1 of participating in raid-centric discussions on mmo-c:
    Disregard forum warriors with progression lower than yourself if they don't bring any valid ideas or criticism. It's obvious that Miga didn't even consider how your build preference might function and just posted a kneejerk reaction. Normal log rankings don't matter, what matters is the survival of your raid group, and stoixeio is obviously getting the job done.
    +1 for this post.

There is no right or wrong for any spec/stat set up. Some are stronger than others sure, but if it works for the individual, all power to them.
    Instead of telling people they're doing it wrong, take a look at what they're doing different. After all they wouldn't be doing it if they weren't happy with it.

Hell if I could drop to 5k spirit and stat for more secondary stats without mana problems for both myself and other healers I sure as hell would.

i think the legendary gem would probably be recommended for mastery build resto shamans and the crit gem for crit build shamans. Our crit double dips so i would be hard pressed to forgo it in a 10 man environment. However our 4pc devalues crit slightly so it may be worth it. I think we need someone to run the sims on how much of a loss of throughput the gem is and compare that with the amount of mana returned. (with grains of salt taken into consideration)

Deleted
    Gonna try the cap for sure

Deleted
    I got the meta gem very recently so I decided to test out the 7613 haste cap with it and got some really good results in LFR atleast. Gonna give it a shot on Wednesday livestream when we are re-clearing ToT.

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...r/Sonie/simple

As you can see I managed to obtain the cap while still having a lot of spirit.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    5676 haste isn't enough to fit in those 2 hard casts on a meta proc. Not even sure if it's enough for 2x tidal waves casts + an instant.
    Okay, I can't see that as my RNG says: You have 12 tablets!, but more or less the 4 piece to go for 5676. Later on, when you have the meta gem, you can go for 7613 haste. This is what I was more thinking of.

---------- Post added 2013-04-12 at 06:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hamerfal View Post
    +1 for this post.

There is no right or wrong for any spec/stat set up. Some are stronger than others sure, but if it works for the individual, all power to them.
    Instead of telling people they're doing it wrong, take a look at what they're doing different. After all they wouldn't be doing it if they weren't happy with it.

Hell if I could drop to 5k spirit and stat for more secondary stats without mana problems for both myself and other healers I sure as hell would.
    I'll +1 the post you did, but I do would like to voice out though that there should be some kind of median where new resto shamans should aim for and when they gradually learn to play a resto shaman, then they can feel a bit more free in their own stat weights what they favor. Right now, you can go pretty much all ways (although it seems that crit is viable in any way in 25man, from my view) and it doesn't affect your hpm that much, it depends then much more what your group requires.

So there should be some kind of median, is what I would say.
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work