Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Question 5.2 Elemental Statweights

    Currently specced into Primal Elementalist + Elemental Mastery, so decided to run a Simcraft to find out about the weights.
    However it turned out like this:

    Int: 3.93
    Haste: 1.35
    Mastery: 1.47
    Crit: 1.61


    In all honesty I'm a bit sceptical about reforging like simcraft suggests, which is why I'm trying to get some feedback here

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Field Marshal Gobbansaer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    58
    I'm currently specced into EoE + EB and with essence of terror hc and the new int+ spellhaste procc trinket im going for mastery i think...looks so strong right now. but i'll do some math over the weekend maybe i can post u my results then.

  3. #3
    Simmed mine last night with EoE+EB. Though I did use PE for a few fights. Don't quote me on the numbers but they were something similar to:

    Liquidmojo : 120847 dps
    Int: 4.15
    Crit: 1.74
    Mastery: 1.71
    Haste: 1.66

    510 ilevel. New Valor+Relic.

    simc: 520-1.

    Edit: Also if you want to see how reforges might work with your gear. Run some reforge plots. These can take AGES though.
    Edit2: Added correct values. And simc 520-2 values inc.
    Last edited by liqued; 2013-03-08 at 11:10 PM. Reason: Values

  4. #4
    Mechagnome Eruionmel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Posts
    707
    Ok, just got the 5.2 sim, so I'll post some results for myself.

    (508 ilvl, Wushoolay's and Shado-pan)

    PE/EotE: 119152 DPS
    Int: 4.31
    Haste: 2.17
    Crit: 1.68
    Mast: 1.65

    Haste is actually a LOT higher than I was expecting, although I did expect it come out on top. I don't think I've had it go over 2 on a stat before. :x

    PE/EM: 119189 DPS
    Int: 4.21
    Haste: 1.86
    Crit: 1.75
    Mastery: 1.55

    Not sure what you guys are doing to get those wacked out crit weights. :s Mine seem to be coming out exactly where I would expect them. I'm actually really glad to see that EotE and EM are on par, as I really didn't like EM when I tried it and was afraid it was going to be much higher than EotE with PE.
    Last edited by Eruionmel; 2013-03-08 at 10:28 PM.
    | <Been There Downed That> - Exodar US - US 27th 16/16H |

    | PM Signature Requests: Closed | My Work | Signature Tutorial |

  5. #5
    I simmed out with the 520-1 version which I believe is the latest one. I'm Echo+EB spec currently.

    DPS=116699
    Int= 4.08
    Haste= 1.56
    Mastery= 1.71
    Crit= 1.70

    I'll admit I'm kind of skeptical with these results having Haste so much lower than crit.

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%ADd/advanced

  6. #6
    Mechagnome Eruionmel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Posts
    707
    As far as haste coming out lower than crit, keep in mind where the recent ele buffs came from. We get increased damage from getting crits, and we got the buff to shamanism, which increased the spell that we cast most often (that isn't already autocrit). Both of these would push the weight for crit higher. The haste stat ends up lower for EB because you guys don't need nearly as much haste as PE users.

    I will say that I'm surprised at how close it was to mastery for you, though. It does make me wonder if something may be wonky in the latest simc. Then again, my weights were almost exactly where I expected. I dunno. :s
    Last edited by Eruionmel; 2013-03-08 at 10:51 PM.
    | <Been There Downed That> - Exodar US - US 27th 16/16H |

    | PM Signature Requests: Closed | My Work | Signature Tutorial |

  7. #7
    Very strange indeed!

    Ran another with the new one out today which looks must more what I would expect. I'm loving how the talents are so close now. I swapped all week trying them out.

    Simc: 520-2 -- 50k Iterations. 450s +/-20%.
    DPS : 124,525
    Int: 4.26
    Mastery 1.78
    Crit: 1.76
    Haste: 1.71

    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...dmojo/advanced

    Probably run some different talents/gems/reforges this weekend.

    Edit: Also, Washington FTW.
    Last edited by liqued; 2013-03-08 at 11:42 PM. Reason: lols, 10 post link.

  8. #8
    Rather use Reforge Plots, the Stats weights aren't that good for Reforge.

    If you reforge for crit and run Simcraft again, Haste will be ahead by far.
    Too often, we are mistaken for druidic types. perhaps that's true for some shaman, but do not let yourself be plagued by the ignorant belief that we are always peaceful.
    Nothing about what I do is harmonious. I command the elements to my will. There is nothing offered in return. I would have it no other way.


    Never assume an ogre's stupid, that's when they'll get you.

  9. #9
    Correct. That's why I didn't do a second run last night though. Took way to long! Currently running one right now.

  10. #10
    Mechagnome Eruionmel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Posts
    707
    Quote Originally Posted by liqued View Post
    Very strange indeed!

    Ran another with the new one out today which looks must more what I would expect. I'm loving how the talents are so close now. I swapped all week trying them out.

    Simc: 520-2 -- 50k Iterations. 450s +/-20%.
    DPS : 124,525
    Int: 4.26
    Mastery 1.78
    Crit: 1.76
    Haste: 1.71

    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...dmojo/advanced

    Probably run some different talents/gems/reforges this weekend.

    Edit: Also, Washington FTW.
    There we go, that's much better. Exactly what I'd expect for EB at this point.

    So those of you who are getting weird weights, go and download the newest version. Both my and liqued's results seem accurate with the new version.
    | <Been There Downed That> - Exodar US - US 27th 16/16H |

    | PM Signature Requests: Closed | My Work | Signature Tutorial |

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Eruionmel View Post
    Ok, just got the 5.2 sim, so I'll post some results for myself.

    (508 ilvl, Wushoolay's and Shado-pan)

    PE/EotE: 119152 DPS
    Int: 4.31
    Haste: 2.17
    Crit: 1.68
    Mast: 1.65

    Haste is actually a LOT higher than I was expecting, although I did expect it come out on top. I don't think I've had it go over 2 on a stat before. :x

    PE/EM: 119189 DPS
    Int: 4.21
    Haste: 1.86
    Crit: 1.75
    Mastery: 1.55

    Not sure what you guys are doing to get those wacked out crit weights. :s Mine seem to be coming out exactly where I would expect them. I'm actually really glad to see that EotE and EM are on par, as I really didn't like EM when I tried it and was afraid it was going to be much higher than EotE with PE.

    Do you know if Wushoolay' is actually suppose to be a better trinket for us than RoY and N-EoT? Reason I ask is because I simmed both and the latter two trinkets came out better than Wushoolay's but my brother is adamant that Wushoolay's is better, it's just the sim's are not accounting for the stacking effect and therefore appears lower.

    Can anyone confirm this please?

    Thanks.

  12. #12
    i'm trying the same right now to see what's better. what i'm wondering is: do you go for low static haste (meaning less than 20%) before BL/EM/legendary meta?

    so that when you pop it you are at around 50 to 55 percent haste (gcd cap for our "fast" casts, i.e. Lava burst)

    or do you still stack haste even if that means that, during assendence, you will "wait" for your gcd to come off before you cast your next lavaburst (or should you not pop assecndence together with EM?)

    Edit:

    oh that and that question about trinkets. from what i see (assuming we only compare the nHC and valor trinket) hydra + shado-pan seems to come out best.

    although i don't for sure if unerring vision's proc actually boosts Cha-ye's proc chance.
    Last edited by Cadamon; 2013-03-10 at 02:40 PM.
    the most useless invention in history? A Graveyard wall!
    no one on the inside is able to walk out and
    no one on the outside wants to get in willingly

  13. #13
    Simcraft will give everyone different results depending on how you were reforged beforehand.....a good rule of thumb is to stack haste to 6050 ( after this haste loses value) then mastery. If you are reforged like that simcraft will show mastery and crit slightly ahead of haste

  14. #14
    Stood in the Fire Funky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    468
    Liquid, Why are you everywhere haunting my thoughts.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Gendori View Post
    Simcraft will give everyone different results depending on how you were reforged beforehand.....a good rule of thumb is to stack haste to 6050 ( after this haste loses value) then mastery. If you are reforged like that simcraft will show mastery and crit slightly ahead of haste
    I been reforging for a few hours changing different haste levels and most still say haste > mastery until I get to like 7598 haste but then if I go down to like under 5000 haste, it shows haste > mastery but dmg output is highest /sigh WTB a set haste cap like all the other casters -_-

  16. #16
    Brewmaster Cairm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Montréal, Canada
    Posts
    1,418
    Could it finally be true!? Synergy between good secondary stats would be the way to go?

  17. #17
    I seem to be getting my best results from reforging to all mastery and speccing into EM/EB.

    DPS: 117150

    Weights:
    Int: 4.16
    SP:3.40
    Hit:4.05
    Crit:1.66
    Haste:1.60
    Mastery:1.68

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tracted/simple

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by ala08 View Post
    I been reforging for a few hours changing different haste levels and most still say haste > mastery until I get to like 7598 haste but then if I go down to like under 5000 haste, it shows haste > mastery but dmg output is highest /sigh WTB a set haste cap like all the other casters -_-
    If you Sim the Plots you will see that haste Values in Between 6050 and 7600 are a DPS loss in every single situation. I dont know why exactly But it is. Reforging up to 7598 is Only a .01% DPS gain (yes its that small). Id rather have the chance to get really lucky with the extra mastery at 6050 Haste then to get more Haste and lose some luck

  19. #19
    Mechagnome Eruionmel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Posts
    707
    Quote Originally Posted by Gendori View Post
    If you Sim the Plots you will see that haste Values in Between 6050 and 7600 are a DPS loss in every single situation. I dont know why exactly But it is. Reforging up to 7598 is Only a .01% DPS gain (yes its that small). Id rather have the chance to get really lucky with the extra mastery at 6050 Haste then to get more Haste and lose some luck
    I'm at 8973 haste and, as you can see above, my haste value is a full 0.5 higher than crit or mastery. So that's clearly not true.
    | <Been There Downed That> - Exodar US - US 27th 16/16H |

    | PM Signature Requests: Closed | My Work | Signature Tutorial |

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Eruionmel View Post
    I'm at 8973 haste and, as you can see above, my haste value is a full 0.5 higher than crit or mastery. So that's clearly not true.
    Talents you are using would be in a good to know basis. With EB haste sims lower than with PE.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •