Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Pet battles no longer giving lesser charms

I've just logged into the game and straight away went to do pet battles to get my 90 charms for this week.
    I have now done about 15 battles against level 24-25 pets and I have received a grand total of zero lesser charms.

When I did my 1 daily pet battle yesterday (Farmer Nishi), I got 4 Lesser coins....all I can say is you either have really bad luck or just put in a ticket and see what they say.

Deleted
    Did about another 5 battles and still no charm so I gave up.

Random reward. Not guaranteed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxyboo View Post
    Random reward. Not guaranteed.
    Predictable comment. Well actually I predicted there would be someone saying "RNG".
    Zero charms in 15 battles seems to be broken.

Deleted
    I just capped from pet battles - you're just unlucky or doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by unrealeck View Post
    I've just logged into the game and straight away went to do pet battles to get my 90 charms for this week.
    I have now done about 15 battles against level 24-25 pets and I have received a grand total of zero lesser charms.

As much as you hate it, RNG is RNG. I just did a few battles and was able to receive some. Maybe check and see if you turned off Currency logging? Either that or you aren't really battling / winning?

you are in a raid maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    you are in a raid maybe?
    Raids don't affect whether you get charms from battling. Sounds like the OP either did 1-2 battles and saw he got none and decided to exaggerate or he isn't winning and that's why or has currency turned off so that it doesn't show in his log anymore.

Deleted
    Or using high level pets against low level opponents fairly sure you need to match the levels to get coins.

Deleted
    I just got 5 then a couple of fights later I got 2. I'm still seeing a MAJOR drop in frequency. I actually noticed this last night. Yesterday it was fine, then I did some later at night and I noticed a significantly reduced rate at which I received charms.

---------- Post added 2013-04-10 at 02:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Redsparowe View Post
    Or using high level pets against low level opponents fairly sure you need to match the levels to get coins.
    Fighting level 24-25 pets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's me being purely factual.

Your sample pool was 1 person doing battles; you.
    Now, with the information provided from feedback on this forum, your sample pool is 4 people doing battles.

Your previous sample pool had a negative outcome: Pet battles give no more (or far less) coins.
    Your newer, bigger sample pool gives a positive outcome: Pet battles still give plenty coins. Someone got capped in a day. Someone did 1 battle and got coins.

If you are not yet convinced, that means that you're quite literally being self-centered. (no diss, just an observation)
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Predictable comment. Well actually I predicted there would be someone saying "RNG".
    That's not how math works.

I can flip a coin 100 times. Although on average, I should get heads 50 times and tails 50 times, give or take. But if I get 100 tails, that doesn't mean the universe is broken or physics stopped working. It means I got a result that has a very low chance of happening. (Although I may go buy a lottery ticket right afterwards based purely on emotional response to something "lucky" happening).

Each time you try something, the past result has nothing to do with what happens next. If I flip tails 10 times, that in no way makes it more likely for me to get heads on the 11th flip. The chance is still 50/50 meaning that even after 100 straight tails flips, I have exactly the same chance to flip tails on the next one as heads.

RNG can give you wierd results. That's how math works. Deal with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is possible that they lowered the rate but they definitely didn't take it out.

I noticed I was one charm short last night to get runes on my alt, but I was in a raid group waiting for the LFR queue and couldn't do a daily, so I did a pet battle instead and got a few on my first game.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually he's right. One day I did a few battles, got about 2-3. Another day I did some, got like 15-18. It all varies. It's just an annoying as LFR right now (looking at you ToT).

Quote Originally Posted by Kurzior View Post
    That's not how math works.

I can flip a coin 100 times. Although on average, I should get heads 50 times and tails 50 times, give or take. But if I get 100 tails, that doesn't mean the universe is broken or physics stopped working. It means I got a result that has a very low chance of happening. (Although I may go buy a lottery ticket right afterwards based purely on emotional response to something "lucky" happening).

Each time you try something, the past result has nothing to do with what happens next. If I flip tails 10 times, that in no way makes it more likely for me to get heads on the 11th flip. The chance is still 50/50 meaning that even after 100 straight tails flips, I have exactly the same chance to flip tails on the next one as heads.

RNG can give you wierd results. That's how math works. Deal with it.
    You don't understand statistical inference.

The chance of getting 100 tails in 100 flips is about 1 in 10^30. This is so astronomically small that you'd be entirely within your rights to reject the hypothesis that the coin is unbiased.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Just as an update, I did four pet battles just now. I got 3 from the first battle, and 6 from the fourth. (nothing from the second and third)

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    i've been farming them in orgrimmar with low level pets and it would seem the frequency for getting the charms has been lowered ( or at least it seems so).

1 out of the last 20 pb gave me charms.

[11:24:37] [Pet Battle]: Your Untamed Hatchling gains 14 XP.
    [11:24:39] You receive currency: [Lesser Charm of Good Fortune] x3.

update-
    3 out of the last 60 pb gave me charms (total 8 lessers).

seems the chance was reduced or RNG is f'ing me
    Last edited by creepfest; 2013-04-24 at 03:58 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    You don't understand statistical inference.

The chance of getting 100 tails in 100 flips is about 1 in 10^30. This is so astronomically small that you'd be entirely within your rights to reject the hypothesis that the coin is unbiased.
    I suspect his argument will be another "RNG, deal with it." No wait, it'll be "RNG is RNG."
    Last edited by mmoc9951aecc27; 2013-04-24 at 04:36 PM.

I suspect his argument will be another "RNG, deal with it." No wait, it'll be "RNG is RNG."
    That's the thing though, RNG is RNG... Other people JUST reported being able to get lesser charms and a bunch of them, so it's still possible, you just got really unlucky.

But, we don't even know what the initial drop rate of lesser charms is, or if it changes depending on certain circumstances.

And EVEN then, there's already unlucky streaks in the game, what with not getting LFR loot for weeks in a row, not getting legendary quest items, etc.