View Poll Results: Who has the most Faction Pride

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Horde Side

    42 80.77%
  • Alliance Side

    5 9.62%
  • Both have same amount of Faction pride

    5 9.62%
  1. #1

    Who has more Faction Pride?

    Just a poll, wanted to see what everyone thinks. If either one side has more Faction pride more than the other. Even if you have only played one side you can go ahead and post how much pride you've seen on you're factions side.

    Just a tidbit of info this isn't a just pick your faction poll, if your Horde and have seen lots of faction pride on the Alliance side (more than horde)then go ahead and vote Alliance.
    Last edited by kingriku; 2013-04-11 at 03:51 PM.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

  2. #2
    The Lightbringer Alceus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wolf's' Den
    Posts
    3,638
    the horde, obv.
    Frostwolf clan is best clan!
    Tauren Shaman - Pandaren Monk

  3. #3
    Is this really even up for debate?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Is this really even up for debate?
    It's not a debate... the last 2, horde-centric expansions prove that Blizz is catering to the "For teh Hawde" folk.

  5. #5

  6. #6
    Brewmaster ACES's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,365
    I would say that both factions have an equal amount of pride, but Horde are more vocal and upfront in terms of expressing their pride.

  7. #7
    When you give a faction cool characters, cool storylines, and cool things happening then the players are going to have a lot of pride for their faction.

    So, yeah, obviously Horde has way more faction pride.

    What has the Alliance had to be proud of? That was kind of what Metzen himself pointed out at Blizzcon; they've not really gotten anything to be proud of and that's why he said MoP was going to really be the Alliance's chance to shine and have their "fist pump" moment. So far.......well.....

    Varian has developed well since Wrath and Anduin has grown on people. But the faction as a whole? What has the Alliance done this expansion to be proud of?

    We haven't seen all of 5.3 and 5.4 is obviously still to come, but that's a lot to ride on a single patch or two where we know the Horde has momentum that needs to be followed through as well.
    "There is good and evil in this world; we must find the black and white in the gray."

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    When you give a faction cool characters, cool storylines, and cool things happening then the players are going to have a lot of pride for their faction.

    So, yeah, obviously Horde has way more faction pride.

    What has the Alliance had to be proud of? That was kind of what Metzen himself pointed out at Blizzcon; they've not really gotten anything to be proud of and that's why he said MoP was going to really be the Alliance's chance to shine and have their "fist pump" moment. So far.......well.....

    Varian has developed well since Wrath and Anduin has grown on people. But the faction as a whole? What has the Alliance done this expansion to be proud of?

    We haven't seen all of 5.3 and 5.4 is obviously still to come, but that's a lot to ride on a single patch or two where we know the Horde has momentum that needs to be followed through as well.
    Individual racial pride:

    Humans: Not much has changed, but they are not in an awful state.

    Dwarves: Dwarven political tension has been entirely untouched. They are finally touching it in 5.3 in an extremely brief scenario -- I'll doubt we'll ever see any more of it again.

    Gnomes: Instead of being the technological masters of the Alliance, they are the mechanics of the Alliance. They don't even fly their own gyrocopters, much less fly the airship clearly built with their technology. Instead, the are the butt of every bad joke. Meanwhile, their counterparts, the trolls, have taken back their home, were the main force in 4.1, and are the main force of the Horde rebellion in Mists of Pandaria.

    Night Elves: They lost their ferocity in Warcraft III and it doesn't appear to be coming back anytime soon. They are now tame tree-huggers that die in droves. Just watch at the border to Ashenvale/Barrens. It's pathetic...

    Draenei: What are draenei? I've never heard of them before.

    Worgen: They have the deepest and richest lore in the game... until you hit level 10. And then they become puppymen that hang out in dead tree stumps pretending to be night elves.

    I'd compare them with the Horde, but I don't have time to type them up and it's all common knowledge. It's sad, really.

  9. #9
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    WHEREVER I WANT AINT NO ONE GONNA DO NOTHIN ABOUT IT IMMA T-REX
    Posts
    12,226
    Although I will readily admit I don't know very much about lore, I think Horde has a lot more compelling story and characters from what I do know. Alliance is kinda wishywashy and dull. Plus aesthetically, Horde has a cool logo and feels a lot more "badass." Better battlecry, etc.

    Even though I play predominately Alliance nowadays, I consider myself a "Horde at heart"; that probably says a lot.
    AbathurSnuggles: Blizzard Alpha Videos

    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaDarsithisRaduxSimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarma

  10. #10
    Legendary! The Glitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Litwak's Arcade Sunny Scotland!
    Posts
    6,242
    Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    I would say that both factions have an equal amount of pride, but Horde are more vocal and upfront in terms of expressing their pride.
    I'd say this also, I love the Alliance, but just don't feel the need to go around mouthing off about it Where as Horde players I've seen are very vocal and in your face about their faction pride

  11. #11
    Over 9000! Snowraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    European Union
    Posts
    9,350
    Played both sides though preferred Alliance more. Even though I loved night elves... I can't not give the laurels to the true winner, Horde has more faction pride. And I find less and less to be proud of regarding night elves meanwhile.

  12. #12
    There are prolly more horde players on these boards. That said, I am Alliance all the way yet somehow: "for the horde!!" seems a lot better sounding then "for the Alliance!!".

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by wooootles View Post
    It's not a debate... the last 2, horde-centric expansions prove that Blizz is catering to the "For teh Hawde" folk.
    I don't think expansions lean players toward being proud of their faction. Like in things like in TB you'll see alot of "FOR THE HORDE!" and "Kill the Alliance scum!" like phrases i don't know how much things like this happen on Alliance side.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

  14. #14
    I atually have a black hoodie with the horde emblem on it in a graffiti/superficial style with red blood letters behind it saying For the Horde. I wear that around campus, but I would not wear the Alliance version of that hoodie. I think it is just "easier" to show pride in the horde because it looks "cool" compared to the Alliance (NOT SAYING THAT IS A FACT. JUST PERSONAL OPINION)

    In game though, I think it is pretty even.
    out of game I'd say horde.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Crianthia View Post
    I atually have a black hoodie with the horde emblem on it in a graffiti/superficial style with red blood letters behind it saying For the Horde. I wear that around campus, but I would not wear the Alliance version of that hoodie. I think it is just "easier" to show pride in the horde because it looks "cool" compared to the Alliance (NOT SAYING THAT IS A FACT. JUST PERSONAL OPINION)

    In game though, I think it is pretty even.
    out of game I'd say horde.
    The lioncrest looks pretty wicked to be honest though, so i wouldn't say its more fashionable to wear a horde hoodie.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •