Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
10
... LastLast
  1. #141
    Mechagnome Fablewynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Leeds, West Yorkshire
    Posts
    629
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    My mind blew in an orgasmic fit when I saw that video.
    Mine too. I can't wait for this game.

  2. #142
    He bashed Eve for not being an RPG, he can't be serious. It's a spam account to market a non existing Pay2win game.

  3. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    He bashed Eve for not being an RPG, he can't be serious. It's a spam account to market a non existing Pay2win game.
    Wat? Diesta bashed EVE and compared the two games, I simply said that's a terrible comparison. EVE isn't a game I play personally but I like the ideas behind it. I have no affiliation with the game, in fact I didn't even donate. I simply liked the idea enough to share it and see if any like-minded weirdos were out there looking for perma-death pvp.

  4. #144
    Minecraft? Try more along the lines of darkfall. Which wasn't made by another big name developer with the same lame garbage you're looking for. If you bothered to look at what he's done with divergence by himself you might change your mind on what can be done on a small budget. As for full loot pvp being what kills it.. I seriously doubt it. There is a strong player base for that type of game already. I for one hope he gets it finished. With the exception of maybe darkfall unholy wars, every mmo out now sucks.

  5. #145
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadistyk View Post
    Minecraft? Try more along the lines of darkfall. Which wasn't made by another big name developer with the same lame garbage you're looking for. If you bothered to look at what he's done with divergence by himself you might change your mind on what can be done on a small budget. As for full loot pvp being what kills it.. I seriously doubt it. There is a strong player base for that type of game already. I for one hope he gets it finished. With the exception of maybe darkfall unholy wars, every mmo out now sucks.
    I remember looking into darkfall but I heard a lot of mixed things about it. Along the lines of the full loot pvp and all that is amazing but the shortcomings of the game in other areas spoil it. I'll have to give the expansion you mentioned another look. At any rate the guy got his $15,000 for divergence, hopefully we see a beta for it this year.

  6. #146
    So... this guy's making an entire MMO with $50k grand total funding? Is this even going to last one year if it ever comes out?

    Also, the characters look like reskinned Mass Effect models. Wouldn't risk touching this with a barge pole, myself.

  7. #147
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...x-fantasy-game

    New Master of Magic type game trying to get off the ground, definitely something worth exploring imo. They're over halfway through so far

  8. #148
    Moderator Shamanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Cardiff, Wales
    Posts
    10,260
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...y-original-sin

    Divinity: Origin Sin is closing in 70 hours so last chance to back it
    Moderator of Professions | General Discussion | Diablo 3 | Guild Wars 2
    Please take the time to read the Forum Guidelines & Sig Guidelines

    Currently playing: Wildstar | Elder Scrolls Online | Diablo 3 | LoL | Hex TCG
    Steam | Twitter

  9. #149
    Hey, anybody out there remembers the good fun that was Jagged Alliance 2? Well these guys want to kickstart a reboot of the franchise, and keeping all the things that made the game amazing (ie turn based combat), but in a different setting and with an all new story!
    I'll be honest, it's the first time I have ever kickstarted a game, and I cannot wait to see it come to life (fingers crossed!!)

    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ance-flashback , please if you had as much fun as I did with this game, I spent countless hours with it to be honest, donate something! Let's make this game come true

  10. #150
    Mechagnome Fablewynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Leeds, West Yorkshire
    Posts
    629
    Last 5 hours to back Divinity: Original Sin - http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...y-original-sin

    Here's a preview by Totalbiscuit - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuF8ruhjlTY
    And here's one by Jesse Cox - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GcGhKhjtvU

    There's not long left now, and they're nearing their last stretch goal. It's certainly worth a look. Don't forget it comes with an editor to make your own worlds and adventures!

  11. #151
    Moderator Shamanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Cardiff, Wales
    Posts
    10,260
    Quote Originally Posted by Caelic View Post
    Last 5 hours to back Divinity: Original Sin - http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...y-original-sin

    Here's a preview by Totalbiscuit - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuF8ruhjlTY
    And here's one by Jesse Cox - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GcGhKhjtvU

    There's not long left now, and they're nearing their last stretch goal. It's certainly worth a look. Don't forget it comes with an editor to make your own worlds and adventures!
    I've got over $100 pledged to it at the moment, if you've already pledged, you can now add beta access onto your pledge for $20 more I went half with a friend on the $100 pledge that gives 2 copies with beta access and some other stuff.... and then once it hit 800k I really wanted to help as much as I could so I pledged moar Has to be the kickstarter I'm most looking forward to for me, and it's got an estimated release date of Nov this year, meaning we don't even have that long to wait for it, the beta should be starting a few months before that.

    /endplug, more people need to check it out!
    Moderator of Professions | General Discussion | Diablo 3 | Guild Wars 2
    Please take the time to read the Forum Guidelines & Sig Guidelines

    Currently playing: Wildstar | Elder Scrolls Online | Diablo 3 | LoL | Hex TCG
    Steam | Twitter

  12. #152
    Shouldn't have clicked on this thread...
    Instantly pledged to the above mentioned Divinity: Original Sin aswell as http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...tegy-revisited
    Yeah, i'm a sucker for turn based strategy/tactic games >.<
    I'm a cheap bastard though. Only pledged the amount needed for a digital copy. This makes for my third pledge total in a month. Whomever linked me that first kickstarter i pledged to either deserves an award or a hammer to the head. Now if only i had started pledging while Planetary Annihilation still was up for it. I would've pledged more than just the digital amount.

  13. #153
    Quote Originally Posted by NagashPT View Post
    Hey, anybody out there remembers the good fun that was Jagged Alliance 2? Well these guys want to kickstart a reboot of the franchise, and keeping all the things that made the game amazing (ie turn based combat), but in a different setting and with an all new story!
    I'll be honest, it's the first time I have ever kickstarted a game, and I cannot wait to see it come to life (fingers crossed!!)

    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ance-flashback , please if you had as much fun as I did with this game, I spent countless hours with it to be honest, donate something! Let's make this game come true
    I've been debating on backing this or not. I still play JA2 quite regularly, and would LOVE to see an update that brought the resolution and UI up to current standards. My fear is that they will not be able to mirror the gameplay as much as I would like. For example, XCOM looks fantastic, and I can forgive them for simplifying the base building side of things, but the tactical gameplay is extremely simplified, to where it feels like I'm playing a turn-based Gears of War. I made it a half dozen missions past the alien base and I just couldn't take it any more. The newer JA3 games were horrible as well.

    It is hard for me to back them without seeing more evidence that they can do what they say, especially when the game is so early in development that they aren't even sure what direction they want to take the game. I'll probably still back them, but not nearly as high as I would if they had more to show. If they could prove to me that they can do justice to the JA name, I'd be willing to give them some serious backing. It's just too early to tell, and I cannot back on faith alone.

  14. #154
    Looks like nobody has posted about Road Redemption yet.



    Bringing Road Rash back baby! Realistic art style, full physics, different mission styles, different bikes, upgradeable, customisable. Take a look, it's going to be amazing.

    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...oad-redemption

  15. #155
    Immortal Dezerte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    7,253
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...45/stonehearth

    tl;dr: Minecraft plus real-time strategy.

    To declare that a personal, inner experience gives certainty about the workings of the universe is to assign far too much value to one’s subjective sense of conviction.
    I’m not that arrogant.

    The brain, marvelous instrument though it is, isn’t infallible. It can misfire, seize or hallucinate, and it can do so in a way that’s utterly indistinguishable from reality to the person experiencing it.

  16. #156
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...45/stonehearth

    tl;dr: Minecraft plus real-time strategy.

    I so want to play that game. Tried to pledge for the beta tier but Amazon Payments does not want my money.

  17. #157
    Yeah, Amazon has been having some issues with their payment system today. I hear it is back up now, or you can just try again later.

  18. #158
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    Yeah, Amazon has been having some issues with their payment system today. I hear it is back up now, or you can just try again later.
    Yeah, anyone who wanted to pledge for Camelot Unchained should head back over there now that the problem has been fixed.

    The project is on its final 24 hours and still has 165k to go.

  19. #159

    Worlds of Magic KickStarter is about to end!

    Hey KS-loving people,

    It is the last 24 hours for the Worlds of Magic Kickstarter.

    If you liked (did I say 'loved'? ) Master of Magic you will like the looks of this game... as always with KS you never know what you will get at the other end of the sausage machine, but all the updates and articles I have read so far give me lots of hope on these guys.

    You might want to check this Rock, Paper, Shotgun piece, it has lots of info on the game, screenies and stuff


    (Note: sadly being a n00b I cannot post links or pics, so you will have to go the Google route!)

  20. #160
    Immortal Dezerte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    7,253
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nerdkingdom/tug-1

    tl;dr: Very Minecraft inspired game.



    To declare that a personal, inner experience gives certainty about the workings of the universe is to assign far too much value to one’s subjective sense of conviction.
    I’m not that arrogant.

    The brain, marvelous instrument though it is, isn’t infallible. It can misfire, seize or hallucinate, and it can do so in a way that’s utterly indistinguishable from reality to the person experiencing it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •