Deleted

How is my chicken doing?

So i've read around that Boomers are currently massively gear dependant but since I have very little knowledge further than that.

If anyone could help me out with a simple yes or no over whether the boomer in my raid is doing what he should be with regard to using the right abilities often enough etc then that would be fantastic.

Here are the obligatory logs, the chicken in question is named 'Ohrath'
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-dpf9fkut88l6xfd9/
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-0tos9vwu1m14q296/
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-cs05bc39kcig2zl5/
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/cha2phabhw6z6nhu/

Many thanks.

Deleted
    I am definitely not a great boomkin but lower than 100k dps on jin in 504 gear is abysmal. Without trying to be hurtful your boomkin obviously doesn't read up much. For a start 22% uptime on moonfire and sunfire.... unless I'm reading this wrong off WoL but just.... on almost a stand still fight this should be 98-100% uptime.
    I am actually mind boggled, tell him to get rid of the 161 excess haste and to look on the internet once in awhile instead of being content with himself and his current state.
    Feel bad for the guild

Deleted
    I'll mirror what Sinju said, tell him to check out some worthwhile theorycrafting sites and press Sunfire/Moonfire more than once every minute and things should pick up.

On an unrelated note, Sinju, do you play on Draenor EU?

Quote Originally Posted by MindlessMelon View Post
    I am definitely not a great boomkin but lower than 100k dps on jin in 504 gear is abysmal. Without trying to be hurtful your boomkin obviously doesn't read up much. For a start 22% uptime on moonfire and sunfire.... unless I'm reading this wrong off WoL but just.... on almost a stand still fight this should be 98-100% uptime.
    I am actually mind boggled, tell him to get rid of the 161 excess haste and to look on the internet once in awhile instead of being content with himself and his current state.
    Feel bad for the guild
    Excess haste? Seems ok to me.
    His dot up time is horrible.
    He has no Tier set bonus.
    Needs to Gem his staff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

Deleted
    Feel bad for the guild
    he has 90+% uptime on both on the final attempt for JI-Kun.

what I can see: he should be aligning nature's vigil and celestial alignment whenever possible (every second vigil). he isn't.

he should be aligning celestial alignment and incarnation at all times due to the synergy between them. he isn't.

his eclipse uptime seems somewhat struggling. he has a combined uptime of 57%. shouldn't this be around 66%, since wrath and SF give double energy outside of eclipse?

that's what I immediately notice.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    he has 90+% uptime on both on the final attempt for JI-Kun.

what I can see: he should be aligning nature's vigil and celestial alignment whenever possible (every second vigil). he isn't.

he should be aligning celestial alignment and incarnation at all times due to the synergy between them. he isn't.

his eclipse uptime seems somewhat struggling. he has a combined uptime of 57%. shouldn't this be around 66%, since wrath and SF give double energy outside of eclipse?

that's what I immediately notice.
    Ahhh... I only checked the first couple where he was at roughly 50% =P

Deleted
    Hasnt the consensus memo reached everyone yet
    Hotw > NV.
    That and what the other guys said pretty much

Deleted
    Thanks for the feedback guys.

So since the logs i'm looking at have a reasonable (can still be improved) 85-90% uptime on DoT's but his eclipse uptime is still lower than the 66% he should be getting, does that mean he's hitting the wrong button (Wrath/Starfire) at times or is there something worse happening?

As for the lack of set bonuses, the toon is a reroll this tier and therefore hasn't picked up much in the way of gear other than what we can carry him through in ToT normals.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Damyou View Post
    Thanks for the feedback guys.

So since the logs i'm looking at have a reasonable (can still be improved) 85-90% uptime on DoT's but his eclipse uptime is still lower than the 66% he should be getting, does that mean he's hitting the wrong button (Wrath/Starfire) at times or is there something worse happening?

As for the lack of set bonuses, the toon is a reroll this tier and therefore hasn't picked up much in the way of gear other than what we can carry him through in ToT normals.
    If its a reroll, Id say he just needs a bit more "practice" and it will be fine, gear helps too, the eclipse uptime will change with better gear aswell more SS procs/haste = faster transitions

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gamingmuscle View Post
    Excess haste? Seems ok to me.
    His dot up time is horrible.
    He has no Tier set bonus.
    Needs to Gem his staff.
    Once haste hits the softcap it is below crit in prio so if he can switch some of that haste for crit he is going to be better off.

- He's poping CA after INC is done, when he should be either poping together or 15 sec before INC is done. Combining these 2 is a must;
    - Supposely NV goes better on this fight cuz of the damage modifier from standing on the pool. I'd try the INC+NV+CA while standing on the puddle. By the way, if hes having a hard time getting used to playing boomie, he might want to stay with HotW on that fight to reduce chance of error;
    - Make sure he is hardcasting as much as possible / moving as little as possible, specially outside an eclipse. His elicpse uptime is too low;
    - He tranq'd - which is okay - but will definetively lower his deeps a bit;
    - Noticed the dashed in one attempt and didnt switch back to boomie, so all the time he was dashing he wasn't dpsing. Unless you REAALY need to get to someplace asap, i'd recomment poping other things like glyphed roar (won't get u out of balance form) and then spam ur eclipse dot while running. Worse comes to worse, pop dash then to back to boomie and keep always dpsing;
    - Also noticed on one attempt (try 17) that he had period of very low dps, going down to 10k dps or so... Really gets me wondering what is he doing while moving. You can give him an exercise: go to dummies and pratice just dpsing while moving all the time, only spamming eclipse dots and using SS procs/starfall. He can definetively do a lot more than 10k while moving with his gear level.
    - In terms of personals/defensives, he could do better too. I have a macro for NS+HT that gives me a instant self heal for approx 120k non-crit / 220k+ if crits. It only cost him 1 global and its a big self heal that he can use every 1 minute.
    Last edited by land; 2013-04-10 at 05:36 PM.

Once haste hits the softcap it is below crit in prio so if he can switch some of that haste for crit he is going to be better off.
    Best i can get doesn't change much...he can drop ~50 haste.
    Last edited by gamingmuscle; 2013-04-10 at 05:33 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gamingmuscle View Post
    Best i can get doesn't change much...he can drop ~50 haste.
    That's 50 of a secondary stat better spent then

Quote Originally Posted by Drayaar View Post
    Hasnt the consensus memo reached everyone yet
    Hotw > NV.
    That and what the other guys said pretty much
    NV is up for every pool phase. Jin'rok is one fight I think it benefits more than HOTW.

I did 112k using NV in 487 gear with lfr t14 4pc.

---

Deleted
    Thanks again folks, i'm passing the info on in as best a way as I can (without just straight up telling him he's shit at boomer). I appreciate the analysis .

bea... wrong post, just ignore it...
    Last edited by markos82; 2013-04-12 at 04:23 PM.