Deleted

Guest & Home world?

Hello

So I did download GW2 again and wanted a new start and choose a new server. But you have 1 home realm which seems to give you some kind of bonus but you can still play as a guest on other servers it seems. So what do you lose if u dont play on your home server and is it worth it?

I would like to play on a high pop server as the one I did play on is low now and its hard to find a soul on it. I wont pay for a transfer as Im not even sure I will play.

Btw warrior, theif, mesmer or necro? Probably not mesmer, its just too weird.

The only purpose of your home world is for WvW purposes -- when you go into WvW, you must be on your home world (and the buffs from WvW are determined from your home world). You're limited to 2 worlds per 24 hours to guest on. One thing others might know but I do not is how guild influence and guild bank issues are handled wrt guesting, whether it's tied to your home world or the guest world (I have suspicions but no evidence).

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

How do guilds work as far as joining one that isn't on your server and interacting with the members?

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll piggyback on this thread...

I was recently guesting on a buddy's world, but couldn't see him in the game world at all which prevented us from being able to do anything together. We could zone into SAB and then see eachother, but not in Rata beforehand. Is this a bug or some complication because of overflow servers? Is this issue resolved when leaving a city and going into the 'real' zones?
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    I'll piggyback on this thread...

I was recently guesting on a buddy's world, but couldn't see him in the game world at all which prevented us from being able to do anything together. We could zone into SAB and then see eachother, but not in Rata beforehand. Is this a bug or some complication because of overflow servers? Is this issue resolved when leaving a city and going into the 'real' zones?
    It sounds like at least one of you was in an overflow server (I've seen up to 6 overflows of a zone). First clue is if you are partied with the person, is their portrait blacked out? Mouse over your mini-map, that will tell you if you are overflow. Mousing over the other player's portrait will tell you if they are on overflow.

You can use the "Join In (Rata Sum)" option to get on their server. Best to join the one on overflow as the home world may be full and you won't be able to get in.

Overflows can happen in any zone - you see them at meta events a lot. They need to explain the overflow system better to new players.
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    You can use the "Join In (Rata Sum)" option
    Even though it wasn't giving me the overflow message, this was my assumption. I couldn't seem to find the join option. I assumed it would be located through a right click on their portrait, but it wasn't there. Is it located somewhere else or did I just miss it?
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    It is right clicking their portrait (only if you are in party of course). Now, that part can be buggy. Sometimes I cannot right click a portrait to invite either and have to do it manually.

See if the other player can Join In to you, otherwise if one of you reboots the game it should work.
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    It is right clicking their portrait (only if you are in party of course). Now, that part can be buggy. Sometimes I cannot right click a portrait to invite either and have to do it manually.
    K I'll try that next time. I knew I wasn't crazy, guess it's just not 'perfected' as to how to get to the same isntance. It would be nice if it just automatically put you in there when you formed a group instead of having to manually do it.
    BAD WOLF