Begrudgingly switched mains, best move I have made in a long time!

Long story short. My guild was having some problems in ToT. We were melee heavy and decided to switch some classes around. Looking at all the classes my shaman was going to be the weakest ranged or healer so I decided to play my warlock. Wow, it was the best move I have made in a long time. Comparing lock vs Ele is a joke. The warlock brings so much more to raid and the dps is so much better its not even funny. Literally taking off the shaman "homer" glasses I cant think of a reason to bring a shaman to raid. I guess I was in denial so long about how bad the class really was. These last few bandaid fixes really cemented in my mind that blizz will never fix shamans in PVE, which is sad but is 100% the truth. For anyone in a guild that might be having some struggles just drop your shaman, things will get better.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2013-04-10 at 06:35 PM.

Elemental is in a good place right now. There is no reason to bench them. If you are doing so much better on your warlock you have a pathologic issue with your shaman. Warlock will also depend on your spec. I know phenomenal destroy locks that don't play affliction well. If you like elemental I would suggest looking into the class more instead of throwing it our the window. I also mean no offense by any of this, I just disagree.

EDIT: so apparently when you type learn, the number 2, and play as one word, it changes it to pathological issue. Unsure if that is my phone or the forums doing.
    Last edited by Rahdik; 2013-04-10 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    ...For anyone in a guild that might be having some struggles just drop your shaman, things will get better.
    Um what? I'm not quite sure what the point of this post is about. I agree with Rahdik, sounds like a L2P issue with your shaman. Did you even try to fix the issues? Study logs? Ask for feedback about your gear/gemming/forging? Sounds like you just wanted an excuse to play the OP class of the month. Ele is mid pack with the other hybrids. Do they have some things that could be changed? Sure, but so does everyone else.

Shaman may be in an okay spot, but any equally geared/skilled Warlock will always beat an Ele Shaman. I know that's just how the game works, but it's not actually fair to say its a L2P issue. (I'm not saying it isn't a L2P issue, it very well can be. But no one can deny that Warlock is in a much better spot for PvE than Elemental, especially on single target)

Quote Originally Posted by PaintOnASign View Post
    Shaman may be in an okay spot, but any equally geared/skilled Warlock will always beat an Ele Shaman. I know that's just how the game works, but it's not actually fair to say its a L2P issue. (I'm not saying it isn't a L2P issue, it very well can be. But no one can deny that Warlock is in a much better spot for PvE than Elemental, especially on single target)
    I think the bigger issue is that blaming the shaman class for a failure in ToT. Sure they may not be as good as other classes, but no classes are fully equal, and shaman do bring a good amount of utility to assist in successful boss kills. Stormlash, Lust (if you dont have a mage, but really who doesn't have a mage?), healing cooldowns to assist with high damage phases, some good off-healing with HR if needed, and obviously great cleave (ele). It is understandable to say that if you are a high end progression guild and are pushing world/server firsts, or if with all of your class changes there were going to be buff or class stacking issues sure, but to blame failure on shaman not pushing the top most numbers (which by definition 1st place cannot be held by all classes) I feel is a bit over the top...

This kind of thread will never lead anywhere useful, so I'm going to close it pre-emptively before it gets out of control.