Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Sinister Primal Diamond (Great for Affliction / Not so much for Destro?)

Running numerous simulations with different gear sets, the most I can gain as a Destruction Lock with the new Meta it seems is about a 3000 DPS gain whereas as Affliction it's a boost of just over 10,000 DPS which brings it on par with my Destruction single target Sims now.

Anybody else have similar results with their gear setups? At least Affliction will be more viable on some of the single target fights now.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaizze View Post
    Running numerous simulations with different gear sets, the most I can gain as a Destruction Lock with the new Meta it seems is about a 3000 DPS gain whereas as Affliction it's a boost of just over 10,000 DPS which brings it on par with my Destruction single target Sims now.

Anybody else have similar results with their gear setups? At least Affliction will be more viable on some of the single target fights now.
    I've had bad luck with the rng on the secrets so I don't know personally but from what I have heard the disparity is even worse than that really. I saw a recent post from Sparkuggz of Method saying it was like 14k for affliction and 3k for destro.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatelocker View Post
    I've had bad luck with the rng on the secrets so I don't know personally but from what I have heard the disparity is even worse than that really. I saw a recent post from Sparkuggz of Method saying it was like 14k for affliction and 3k for destro.
    Despite proc rate (the only thing they could mess with), there's nothing to do about it.

Currently destro is better than afflic on many fights this tier, so it's expected that it would not be overtuned for destro.
    Everyone at this forum knows that afflic scales better with gear than the other two (not by much, but yeah), and haste was always the worst stat for destro, while being much more usefull to affliction. Don't see a problem in here, unless you want an indirect buff to destro.

It's just that destro doesn't benefit as much from haste than afflic. I bet if it was 30% more crit for 10 seconds, it would be the same with oposite sides.

Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    Despite proc rate (the only thing they could mess with), there's nothing to do about it.

Currently destro is better than afflic on many fights this tier, so it's expected that it would not be overtuned for destro.
    Everyone at this forum knows that afflic scales better with gear than the other two (not by much, but yeah), and haste was always the worst stat for destro, while being much more usefull to affliction. Don't see a problem in here, unless you want an indirect buff to destro.

It's just that destro doesn't benefit as much from haste than afflic. I bet if it was 30% more crit for 10 seconds, it would be the same with oposite sides.
    Now, I am assuming we will use this meta gem for the rest of the expansion, but it would have been really nice had they made it +30% of whatever your highest stat was for 10 sec to avoid this exact issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatelocker View Post
    Now, I am assuming we will use this meta gem for the rest of the expansion, but it would have been really nice had they made it +30% of whatever your highest stat was for 10 sec to avoid this exact issue.
    Don't know.. some values, like mastery, 30% is a LOT of mastery.
    Maybe it's too hard to balance this way, while 30% haste is good for all casters. Mages, particularly.

EDIT: not 10%, 30%.
    Last edited by evertonbelmontt; 2013-04-10 at 07:49 PM.

That would make more sense if the mage spec that gets the most from haste (frost) didn't have ~5 times as much benefit from the gem as fire.

Hahahah, true. But, you know. Mages.

I was thinking we would not even be using it as Destruction. I haven't simmed it out yet but...

If you're not Demonology, I feel bad for you, son. I got 99 problems, but more haste ain't one.

Destro has the same problem with the legendary meta as it does with the shadow pan assault trinket... Haste/GCD capping incinerates during its uptime. Unless you are running without the shadow pan trinket, mast/crit setup, and are fine with capping during lust/hero/warp...its going to be a smaller gain. Certainly something you'd have to shift your gearing around for be avoiding haste like the plague. Flip side demo and aff can handle that haste just fine so perhaps a spec change is the smarter move once you obtain it. I couldn't say yet personally....I'm at 10 secrets and have been full clearing, LFR, +heroics while other guildy's have theirs done.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakaji View Post
    If you're not Demonology, I feel bad for you, son. I got 99 problems, but more haste ain't one.
    most demo locks are using the lei shen trinket. Wouldnt the meta be bad for demo too because you are not going to want to be refreshing a doom with 100% crit just because ur meta procced?
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

Tested it a bit yesterday. 521 item level.
    Affliction:
    30% uptime on herioic Jin'rokh, 209k dps.
    20% uptime on council, 196k dps.
    Pretty amazing. Also I'm running with 6640 haste, so uptime can be buffed a bit.

Destruction, 25% uptime average. I'm new to spec, never ranked and having a great dps variance, so can't say how good it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridcully View Post
    Affliction:
    Pretty amazing. Also I'm running with 6640 haste, so uptime can be buffed a bit.

Destruction, 25% uptime average. I'm new to spec, never ranked and having a great dps variance, so can't say how good it is.
    have you had any issues with tracking the buff(Tempus Repit)? i can't seem to get power auras or Weak aura to track it

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmpf.
    What's the uptime of buff on demospec?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridcully View Post
    Affliction:

Stupid question maybe, but tried to figure out when you obtain it. I am currently on 15/20 secrets, is it after the Nalak part, or is the part with 12 titan runestones still in game?

Deleted
    About the same as Affliction; some 20-25%.

Quote Originally Posted by Seribus99 View Post
    have you had any issues with tracking the buff(Tempus Repit)? i can't seem to get power auras or Weak aura to track it
    I don't use PA/WA, can't help.

Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    Stupid question maybe, but tried to figure out when you obtain it. I am currently on 15/20 secrets, is it after the Nalak part, or is the part with 12 titan runestones still in game?
    After killing Nalak.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    most demo locks are using the lei shen trinket. Wouldnt the meta be bad for demo too because you are not going to want to be refreshing a doom with 100% crit just because ur meta procced?
    Personally, I'm going to lean more on using the proc for generating fury/spending fury and trying to tie in Imp Swarm with the proc for the ridiculous reduction of the CD you get with it. If the proc ties in well with a UVLS proc and I can afford to refresh Doom at that time that's fantastic, too. But since I'm already running into situations where I'm rarely in caster form except to re-apply HoG, I think the meta could serve really well to help supplicate chain-casting soulfire: meta more often, and almost never using touch of chaos. That in itself would be a pretty sizable DPS increase

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seribus99 View Post
    Code:
    d0d(daGAuv06HGSlKQTrQyMqG5kuMTuDBG6MiL4Ws5BqKHrk7uWEP2nj7xf8tiP)cP(TQMgQmuHQgSsQHd4GKQCkuv4yi5CQulesSui0Ivrlh0djv6Pelts8CuMieutvPMmunDfxus5QiL0LfDDj2ie1wrkLnlKTljDAeJdvvFwj(oQkDsjvptfA0cvgpQYLiv1TqkUgqoVk51kjpgkJcPuTP82cXsD1KWOgwgRo2RyXeGS3rhAtbMORRQsyKtsFUSWSqrNJos0VTa2cUfCVTuyje9LdAwkSeIMNdAw4HAuelhJmnGaDZD8Og1nhiTB(RW5iA4azbNWa6TRDYBSOpG(k9jwUqnkILJrMgoqiD8wNBooqv4)(MFohrdhil4jRnfyBsuAyRwGFrH7tlSg4CN8McmnkwkSC)FFia(0Yajllj0BlQg4K5Tduw2jyGc7WAetaY4XJf4pTH8kh0Se9QXIEQxDb(lSdRJh(hwJY3XpSM2Pv(WYzdB1c8lkCuJIy54qflSPHTIf)tuJfDRf21q0sCjzjUXiZp1TMgsiXDKcjTBDU1Xr0WPJL(3W92c87P3wax6dXBpE8ybpzTPaBtI8dZf4xu4(0s0RgHGqPdv4SGtya92LmnSvml6dyj6H5c8lk8DYBkW0Yo5nfyYIjazVRh2qQ2gYRqTAc7TlwSAyDcalrlfLfvb8gswwsiZbklNnSvlWVOW197p0BhOCqJoihQ4GgDqoC0bn6GCGZbn6G8ybmbcFOpTC2WwTa)IcFN8McmTStEtbMSycq276HnKQTH8kuRMWE7IfRgwNaWs0srzbMlKxTVasleSxz5SNkCA5XtlOGGAbe2cg8bqF5GgDoklFz6evAuSWNf2qIUSGGAiVTG9GbGjJ5tleCl7emqHDynIjazS06aX1CGYcFj4tCoqvrZs0dZf4xu46(9h6Tduoq5qfhOC4OduoW5aLhlaWFbMmw8WeJWiVYbklpKKQPnKxzH2QH4UUU6HalyWhanph0OZrzb7)o(ZxLp9yP5TLDcgOWoSgXeGmwQRMeg1WYy1XEflMaK9o6qBkWeDDvvcJCs6ZLhlvDGIttZJn

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakaji View Post
    Personally, I'm going to lean more on using the proc for generating fury/spending fury and trying to tie in Imp Swarm with the proc for the ridiculous reduction of the CD you get with it. If the proc ties in well with a UVLS proc and I can afford to refresh Doom at that time that's fantastic, too. But since I'm already running into situations where I'm rarely in caster form except to re-apply HoG, I think the meta could serve really well to help supplicate chain-casting soulfire: meta more often, and almost never using touch of chaos. That in itself would be a pretty sizable DPS increase
    I've had some issues where i had meta proc only with Wild Imps. Used them (reduced CD) but then once my imp went off CD i couldn't use it "spell not ready" even though it was ready on the bars. It works fine when it was lined up with other haste shit like (hero, berserking). Dont know what kind of bug i was having there