Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What if: A Number of character deaths in Siege of Orgrimmar?

This is something that I've been pondering on as we await the final raid of Mists of Pandaria: The Siege of Orgrimmar. While this has the potential of becoming the most epic raid yet, it also has the potential to lead to a number of deaths in terms of familiar faces. What would happen if characters we knew were killed off for this final raid?

Example of who could be killed off:
    Taran Zhu(If the Shado-pan ally themselves with the Alliance and Horde against Garrosh)
    Malfurion Stormrage
    Hamuul Runetotem
    Nobundo
    Varok Saurfang
    Highlord Tirion Fordring
    Highlord Darion Mograine
    Alexstrasza
    Jaina Proudmoore
    Lorethmar Theron
    Khadgar
    Baine Bloodhoof
    Sylvannas Windrunner
    Muradin Bronzebeard
    High Priestess Tyrande Whisperwind
    King Varian Wrynn
    Thrall

Would you ever forsee any of the above die off during the Siege of Orgrimmar before Garrosh's own demise?

10+ Year Old Account
    Kill ALL the major characters!

Memes aside, Tirion and Darion have no place here, neither do Alexstrasza Khadgar and anyone that isn't a "main" Horde/Alliance leader.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thrall and/or Saurfang I kinda want to see die. I don't think anyone else would make much sense.

Killing Saurfang and displaying his corpse at the gates of Orgrimmar would be one hell of a way to kick off patch 5.4.

I could see minor characters like Amber, Sully, Riko etc dying. But I doubt that major characters are going to die, at least not a whole lot of them.

Also a good chunk of people on your list I doubt will even BE there let alone die.

Whatever else, we know that someone will kill Gamon.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they kill off Lor'themar after building him up so much that will be such a fat twist I'd have to be a little impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninotchka View Post
    Whatever else, we know that someone will kill Gamon.
    This. A thousand times this.

Anyways, I dunno, I have a vibe Aggra might die to be honest, along with Nazgrim.

Maybe Saurfang? Not sure yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    The heads of all the traitors should be on a pike inside org. Garrosh should carve a phrase right above his throne room entrance.

JUST BRING IT!

or something like that in Orcish.
    You cared enough to post.

My money's on Eitrigg.

Speaking of which is everyone knows that saurfang has pretty much said to garrosh that if you take us down the path of war I will deal wih you myself. At this point he has fulfilled this prophecy. So the question is where is saurfang is he still up in northernd as part of the skeleton crew or still in Outland? Either place would have limited communication obviously. Still when saurfang finds out he is going to be quite upset.

The reason I say this is in 5.3 what if he finally hears word that garrosh has gone over the edge? Naturally he would probably end up going straight up to his throne and pretty much say boy I'm disappointed. Here is where I think saurfang story comes to an end. Right now every race on the horde have gotten their why we are going to war reason some where in 5.3 but what if the catalysis for the Orc is seeing an old respected war hero did right in the middle of the valley of strength? Naturally he wouldn't be killed by garrosh alone but by human wave tactics of his bodyguard, naturally taking ou most of them but in he end he falls due to the sheer number of them.

The perfect end lore wise and game wise for a classic character. Lord wise he died a warriors death fighting the same thing that made him a hero in the first place thereby setting the catalysis for a majority of orcs to maybe this new horde thing is wrong. Gameplay wise is his story is over and hasn't been used in some time. Other than using saurfang for some random meme pandering let him go out like a champion

10+ Year Old Account
    OP, you've listed off a load of characters that have nothing to do with this raid.

Why didn't you list Gamon?

I'd say most of those characters are safe since blizz ignores them.

My vote goes to varian, mostly cause I'd love to see this high king crap put to an end.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romeothecat View Post
    I'd say most of those characters are safe since blizz ignores them.

My vote goes to varian, mostly cause I'd love to see this high king crap put to an end.
    And then you'd have Anduin as your leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Thrall and/or Saurfang I kinda want to see die. I don't think anyone else would make much sense.

Killing Saurfang and displaying his corpse at the gates of Orgrimmar would be one hell of a way to kick off patch 5.4.
    Burn for this heracy! Our Lord Saurfang will crush those pathetic Sha Orcs beneath his boot. No but really don't kill him. He is one of the very few Orcs I actually like.
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

Would any of those die? Well let's see...

Taran Zhu: Not gonna be there, tells Dezco that he doesn't care for their issues with Garrosh and he's pretty much the "military" leader of Pandaria. He's needed back home.
    Malfurion Stormrage: Don't see him joining us, if the night elves send a representative it'd be Tyrande or Shandris.
    Hamuul Runetotem: Nah, of the Tauren I'd see Baine or Dezco making an appearance.
    Nobundo: Got nothing to do with this.
    Varok Saurfang: Possibly, could see Saurfang showing up and might fall in battle.
    Highlord Tirion Fordring: Nothing to do with this.
    Highlord Darion Mograine: Like he gives a shit.
    Alexstrasza: Nothing to do with her, bet she's relaxing and figuring out what to do with her life.
    Jaina Proudmoore: I doubt it, I feel she's too important and can't have the Kirin Tor lose a leader again.
    Lor'themar Theron: Nah, another leader I feel that needs to stay.
    Khadgar: Why'd he suddenly come back...?
    Baine Bloodhoof: No... Again, these leaders shouldn't die imo.
    Sylvannas Windrunner: Already dead, so... Seriously, no, too much more to her story.
    Muradin Bronzebeard: Nope... Just nope...
    High Priestess Tyrande Whisperwind: No... Dem leaders...
    King Varian Wrynn: FUCK NO! Come on! Can't make him High King and then kill him, that's stupid!
    Thrall: Maybe... Maybe... Could happen, could not... I don't think so...

Too many that would be dumb to kill, some that aren't even related to all this... Not really great examples, OP.

Thrall will die fighting along side Varian in the battle against Garrosh. It will be a very emotional end to that story arch. Varian and Thrall will make their peace with each other in a cutscene after the battle. The new leader of the Horde is the tough question here. I feel like it will be a council of Elders instead of one guy. Maybe Vol'Jin will be the main voice of the council, but all the Horde races will have a say in things. Anduin will be left in Org as the Alliance ambassador to the Horde, and Thralls wife will be the Horde ambassador to the Alliance, as both factions unite to face the burning legion.

Deleted
    Taran Zhu - maybe. I don't see why not.
    Malfurion Stormrage - Oh, god if this were true my faith in Blizz would be restored. Sadly I don't see why he would show his SSJ face now.
    Hamuul Runetotem - Rather not. Again, irrelevant to the MoP story
    Nobundo - Same.
    Varok Saurfang - I could see a reason why he would be around. The apprentice killing the master. I like it. However a speech and some word of god that inform us that he is a badass gives him too large of a fandom, so unlikely.
    Highlord Tirion Fordring - He would show up now, why exactly?
    Highlord Darion Mograine - Not likely.
    Alexstrasza - What the fuck? Be serious man. You are just throwing in random names.
    Jaina Proudmoore - Not a bad idea. But Alliance whiners need their counterpart for Sylvanas. Tyrande is useless so we need a strong Alliance female character. Maybe some development of Lorna Crowley or Tess Greymane.
    Lorethemar Theron - Now that he is getting some characterization? Not gonna happen. Especially not since we are already loosing a horde racial leader. And who are you gonna replace him with? The ghost of Kael'thas?
    Khadgar - Yes, the old mage who did nothing since Burning Crusade will suddenly come here from Shattrath. Moron.
    Baine Bloodhoof - I never liked the tauren but killing one tauren high chieftain every expansion is an ass move to be honest.
    Sylvannas Windrunner - Yeah right, good joke.
    Muradin Bronzebeard - Kill a bronzebeard every expansion. Run Bran RUUUUUUUUN.
    High Priestess Tyrande Whisperwind - Not a bad idea. Useless anyway so might as well throw her away.
    King Varian Wrynn - Really hope so. Can't stand the guy.
    Thrall - Would probably love this the most and is foreshadowed as well, but Go'el is Metzen's little pet. He won't be harmed.

Why would these people be involved?

Malfurion Stormrage - probably doing Firelands stuff, trying to rebuild the world tree, doing other druid stuff.
    Hamuul Runetotem - probably doing Earthen Ring stuff, not really relevant to this storyline.
    Nobundo - see Hamuul
    Highlord Tirion Fordring - involved with Scourge stuff in the Plaguelands. If he didn't show up for Deathwing, he probably won't show up for this
    Highlord Darion Mograine - see Tirion
    Alexstrasza - she's in Northrend... or somewhere else, but she's mortal now so I doubt she wants to get involved in affairs if she doesn't have to
    Khadgar - Lolwut? He's in Outland. I doubt he even knows what's going on
    Muradin Bronzebeard - He's too busy running Ironforge
    High Priestess Tyrande Whisperwind - see Malfurion

Jaina and Saurfang. It would drive Thrall to heights of fury unseen since Taretha's death. It would also infuriate Wrynn. Saurfang dying to protect her to-no-avail would possibly make many Orcs that didnt question Garrosh do so.

But seriously where is Kilrogg's son Jorin in all of this though?