Anyone else find Shadow Blades kinda 'meh' as a 3min CD?

I mean, unless there is bloodlust going on, I usually am not excited about Shadow Blades at all. Its duration is super short (12 secs), and I feel like I'm waiting for energy on half that duration anyway. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Vendetta is much much better, and it's only 2 min cd.

Edit: Hmm I guess besides extra combo points, shadow damage makes it good.

I wouldn't say meh, the extra combo points are nice, and the magic damage ignores armor on Warriors and what not. I think it's pleasant
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    And yet here we are.

Yeah, don't get me wrong, it's a nice damage increase cooldown in the end, but whenever I hear someone say "SAVE YOUR 3 MIN CDs", I find Shadow Blades underwhelming. Granted I only changed to Assassination from Combat couple weeks ago, so any cooldown might feel underwhelming after Killing Spree + Adrenaline Rush
    Last edited by Koca; 2013-04-10 at 06:41 PM.

Shadow blades is a more powerful cooldown than vendetta, that's why the cooldown is longer. Vendetta just increases your damage by 30% (25% if glyphed).

Shadow blades increases your autoattack damage by ~42%, puts your autoattacks on yellow hit (more poison procs), and increases your combo point generation by ~30-50% (more envenom uptime for those yellow-hit autoattacks).

Vendetta is the boring/meh cooldown. Shadow blades is fun. (this is subjective and hence my opinion).
    Last edited by shadowboy; 2013-04-10 at 07:33 PM.

With t15 4 set and troll racial, it feels like I have legendary daggers again.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Shadow Blades is awesome, especially with 4p. The only thing that saddens me a bit is that it's handled by the game in a very clumsy way when there's a bit of FPS pressure (25 men raid, all pack, bloodlust, Megaera rampage, etc.), and it leads you very, very quickly to wasting CP or even GCD. And it is obviously way worse in Combat.

Shadow Blades is thrilling at 3 minutes. It's a really strong addition to the class. I don't see what the issue is.

Quote Originally Posted by Koca View Post
    I mean, unless there is bloodlust going on, I usually am not excited about Shadow Blades at all. Its duration is super short (12 secs), and I feel like I'm waiting for energy on half that duration anyway. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Vendetta is much much better, and it's only 2 min cd.

Edit: Hmm I guess besides extra combo points, shadow damage makes it good.
    It's pretty meh cause a lot of the damage feels passive, but it does make for some insane burst if you combine it with vendetta and get good procs: http://i.imgur.com/q01h8ct.png

Quote Originally Posted by whathump View Post
    It's pretty meh cause a lot of the damage feels passive, but it does make for some insane burst if you combine it with vendetta and get good procs: http://i.imgur.com/q01h8ct.png
    A lot of it may be passive but it does actually change what you do. Something like Vendetta is really lame and boring because you just turn it on and go about business as usual.

Well, it feel better than AR or Vendetta. May be passive but the flavour is completely diffrent.

Tbh, i don't like Shadow Dance as a CD.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

The thing about SB is not not so much the autoattack damage, but the cp generation. If you pool energy before you use it, you can get a lot of finishers off and so a lot of burst, especially in conjunction with cds, trinkets, hero and/or pot. Also, save your second one for execute, with pot and the rep trinket up, and you will do comical damage for about 10-20 seconds.