Thread: Medium Elves

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amirila View Post
    I don't think Swedish have a good word for "elf" that doesn't mean another thing...
    Us dutch folk use it for the number eleven. :|
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    I want a tauren-elf hybrid.

How about tauren -gnome hybrid?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Oh please. In Azeroth there are only three types of elves.

There's the Average Height Elves, masters of the arcan't.

Most of those have become the Plasma Elves, hellbent on restoring their ASlightChanceOfCloudsWell to its' former glory.

Both of these are the descendants of the Afternoon Elves, who used their Well of QuiteALongTime to summon forth the Lukewarm Legion.
    What about the water elves?

I hate to say this im getting tired of all these threads which say "Allaince should get High elves."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    I hate to say this im getting tired of all these threads which say "Allaince should get High elves."
    That's good, cause this isn't one of them

I want to know where all these Elves come from!

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool, then we'll get a medium elf-tauren hybrid and call it a medium steak.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithshield View Post
    I want to know where all these Elves come from!
    Dark trolls.

Those elves will hybridize with anything, I'm telling you.

There are probably websites with that theme and I suspect my security software isn't strong enough to even think of going there.

No just No. I like Elves but c'mon now.

10+ Year Old Account
    After reading the whole thread, I just had a new idea, is that no one has thought of adding to the Alliance the High Elves as a fully functional race?

It is a very innovative and radical commitment, I know it, but I think it might work ... at least is somewhat simpler.

Could we have medium rare elves aswell? they could be pretty much like medium but a little bloody to, cuz thats how i like my elf steaks
    these could have orange eyes and the lore could be that they are harlfbreeds of bloodelves and medium elves! they could form their own faction with black jack and hookers, and mby the ninja turtles aswell!
    Also their racial could be blood of christ and a medium rare very tasty steak drops that gives a super buff!
    lastly id like it if their faction leader was that fat guy from austin powers!

hmm so what u guys think? whould blizz add medium rare elves?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    After reading the whole thread, I just had a new idea, is that no one has thought of adding to the Alliance the High Elves as a fully functional race?

It is a very innovative and radical commitment, I know it, but I think it might work ... at least is somewhat simpler.
    --REMOVED--

Don't post memes

I'm no stranger to sarcasm sir
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-04-11 at 04:39 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    Snowraven, your ethereal elf idea sounds great.
    Thank you very much

There are some problems with this:
    -if they get added and the Horde gets no race, Horde players won't be happy, since this is basically making one of their races neutral
    -if they get added and the Horde gets a new race, Alliance players won't be happy, since they're getting a copy of a Horde race and the Horde get a new race
    -if 2 races are interchanged, as in, Alliance gets high elves and Horde... leper gnomes or something, both sides will be unhappy because Blizzard just threw old races at them, people would ask for all races to have a counterpart, and Horde people will be unhappy since their population will drop (blood elf numbers are quite high)

On the other hand, ignoring those parts, adding high elves fully would wreck even more the lore on the Alliance side, since you'd have little variation between races, while on the Horde side you have plenty already.

So the only possible choice that would please as much people as it can please is to add a variation of high elves (which is why I suggested partial etheral high elves) that also have similar mindset to high elves, but are much more viscious and move away from blood elves in a different way. And while blood elves have had their redemption story, these etheral "high" elves could come feeling like they were betrayed by their bretheren and their bretheren didn't hold on their ideals and fell in disgrace while they suffered. It would be a variation of the forsaken theme in a way, "we are cursed and we were banished still, after dieing for you!" except the etheral elves would not have their land even, since the blood elves have it, so they'd be bitter about it and willing to make the blood elves suffer for what they suffered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop with the jokes and keep it on track, please

Any kind of high elven type of race (including half elves, or any kind of light skinned elf in general) will unbalance the factions. The only reason Horde aren't being overwhelmed by Alliance on PVP servers and why Alliance battleground queue times take minutes instead of hours is because of blood elves (and in that sense, them having no real alternative on the Alliance besides night elves, which aren't anywhere near as desirable).

Besides, if we're adding new races, I want them to be more unique and actually have a place in WoW's lore. Naga or Vrykul for Alliance would be ideal (though I'd prefer the latter infinitely more).

Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    So am I that was the point of this thread I was being sarcastic because i'm tired of elves in general.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goremonger View Post
    So am I that was the point of this thread I was being sarcastic because i'm tired of elves in general.
    Well unfortunately you gave me my idea of etheral elves, so as soon as I get some time to try and draw one and a crystal ogre to go along with it, I will make a thread about that, so more elf threads soon!

10+ Year Old Account
    Leaving aside for a moment the jokes and my fanaticism for that the High Elves of the Alliance can finally be playable, I would like to share an idea in relation to this thread: the hybrid races.

When becoming the ogres into a playable race we have several drawbacks, including:
    • Their size
    • Their "little" intelligence

And as for the high elves these drawbacks:
    • Their resemblance to the blood elves
    • Their population

What if instead of ogres and high elves we thought on half-ogres and half-elves? We would dismiss the aforementioned drawbacks:
    • Half-ogres (ogre + orc) would be more intelligent and less bulky. Example: Rexxar
    • Half-elves (high elf + human) would be more numerous and would have physical differences regarding blood elves (they would be like the elves we can see in the lord of the rings films, ie humanized elves). Example: Arator

IN SHORT
    New playable races: half-ogres for the Horde and half-elves for the Alliance, what do you think?
    Last edited by Northem; 2013-04-11 at 07:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    IN SHORT
    New playable races: half-ogres for the Horde and half-elves for the Alliance, what do you think?
    I'd roll a Half-Elf for sure. Half-Ogres like Rexxar would be quite badass and fit right in with the Horde as well.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt