Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

non geared Monk 1 v 2 owned us in arena

Not a great arena player by any stretch but just wondering what happened when a non-geared monk beat us in 2s 1 v 2.

My team resto druid boomkin. Resto is geared with upgraded malevs 3 Tyr pieces and Tyr weapons. 68% resil. Boom is in honor malev/tyr gear with Tyr weapon.

His team WW monk. he has 2k exp in 2s from a few years ago. His gear equal to the boomkin.

Match took a while and this guy never went below 80% HP with the boomkin dotting him up, blowing cooldowns and laying into him for 6 million damage and me also dpsing him for a few hundred thousand. Somehow this DP class healed himself through all that damage all the while putting out over 16 million damage and incredible pressure.

He was never in danger of dying. When he was not controlled with cc he would immediately take my boomkin down to under 20%. I have never had an opponent put that much DPS pressure on my partner in 2s, not even fully geared T2 hero of the horde warriors and DKs.

I could not drink if I stopped healing for even 5 seconds he would have killed my partner who has about 66% resil and knows how to stay alive when under pressure and I am controlled.

Monk got a kill when I went oom and stopped to drink. Blew the boomkin up through barkskin with full hots running etc in probably 7 seconds. WTF?

After drinking I had full mana and I can generally torture players 1 on 1 with my ability to run away and heal myself. Not this guy. He got on me and blew me up in about 15 seconds through tree form with all cooldowns up and running.

Was it a glitch? Was he hacking/cheating? Is he simply the greatest player I have ever run into in 2s (even though his best rating is 2k)? Heck I fought fully BIS geared 2700 players who were carrying someone through 2s and had an easier time keeping my partner up than in this match.

I do not play a monk but I honestly did not think there was any 1 player in WoW who could beat my 2s team focusing on my dps partner while letting me free cast heals. I could see a great player controlling me and blowing up my partner while I was cc'd, but this guy just flat out brute forced us. What the heck can monks do to heal themselves through 6 million damage? And how hard should fist of fury hit on 68% resil?

Just looking for the why. Any insight appreciated.

Deleted
    what rating is this at? theres usually a few people on twitch that stream 1v2 games at 1500ish rating, its possible with a few classes.
    and monks have some very good CDs right now, its doable to beat 1v2, but hes probably very skilled.

FoF can do incredible amounts off damage if you let the monk just pound you with it,though with 2 druids, I'm not sure how he would manage that, since you can get away fairly easily. But was your friend playing defensively when he was really bursting him? (going bear form, popping cds, self heals, etc?). was your boomie friend dpsing him through touch of karma? if so, that redirects damage to the person dealing it (it's a white symbol over their head). Idk about self heals, as I've never had it be an issue, and I've never seen a monk flat out outlive damage I put out as a DK unless they run

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't believe you, OP, to be completely honest. Monks can do exactly NOTHING to heal through 6 million damage, especially not while putting out any pressure at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Koraman View Post
    Not a great arena player by any stretch but just wondering what happened when a non-geared monk beat us in 2s 1 v 2.

My team resto druid boomkin. Resto is geared with upgraded malevs 3 Tyr pieces and Tyr weapons. 68% resil. Boom is in honor malev/tyr gear with Tyr weapon.

His team WW monk. he has 2k exp in 2s from a few years ago. His gear equal to the boomkin.

Match took a while and this guy never went below 80% HP with the boomkin dotting him up, blowing cooldowns and laying into him for 6 million damage and me also dpsing him for a few hundred thousand. Somehow this DP class healed himself through all that damage all the while putting out over 16 million damage and incredible pressure.

He was never in danger of dying. When he was not controlled with cc he would immediately take my boomkin down to under 20%. I have never had an opponent put that much DPS pressure on my partner in 2s, not even fully geared T2 hero of the horde warriors and DKs.

I could not drink if I stopped healing for even 5 seconds he would have killed my partner who has about 66% resil and knows how to stay alive when under pressure and I am controlled.

Monk got a kill when I went oom and stopped to drink. Blew the boomkin up through barkskin with full hots running etc in probably 7 seconds. WTF?

After drinking I had full mana and I can generally torture players 1 on 1 with my ability to run away and heal myself. Not this guy. He got on me and blew me up in about 15 seconds through tree form with all cooldowns up and running.

Was it a glitch? Was he hacking/cheating? Is he simply the greatest player I have ever run into in 2s (even though his best rating is 2k)? Heck I fought fully BIS geared 2700 players who were carrying someone through 2s and had an easier time keeping my partner up than in this match.

I do not play a monk but I honestly did not think there was any 1 player in WoW who could beat my 2s team focusing on my dps partner while letting me free cast heals. I could see a great player controlling me and blowing up my partner while I was cc'd, but this guy just flat out brute forced us. What the heck can monks do to heal themselves through 6 million damage? And how hard should fist of fury hit on 68% resil?

Not quite sure how this would be possible. To put out the kind of healing is not impossible as a monk, but they have to completely sacrifice their burst and most of their damage to do so. Every 40 energy throwing down a healing sphere, every tiger's eye brew useing for healing elixirs ect. Just from the minimal information given i can not conclude this possible from my view.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    I don't believe you, OP, to be completely honest. Monks can do exactly NOTHING to heal through 6 million damage, especially not while putting out any pressure at all.
    I agree this seems like trolling, or there is some kind of new bug out there, dont see other way, maybe OP is completely skillless as well as his partner. WW should be barely able to heal through dots with cds from boomkin, while losing not even counting starfall and starsurge, besides moonkin can spam clone while you are drinking and travel form and los and knock back and root the monk, dont see how you could loose.

OP is full of shit, even with all my hate vs monks, lying won't get you anywhere. 16 million damage aswell ay, so he lived for 30 mins without being CC'd the entire time, and just trained both of you? All the while living through 6 M dmg+ without having to get a bandage off/LoS or anything? The actual sad thing is that even if it were true, it would mean you and your partner should probably quit PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got a screenshot or anything of your match?

Or even better got any Dps meter logs.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Monk sustained is equal to some classes' burst.

But that healing does seem over the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by MiLLeR View Post
    OP is full of shit, even with all my hate vs monks, lying won't get you anywhere. 16 million damage aswell ay, so he lived for 30 mins without being CC'd the entire time, and just trained both of you? All the while living through 6 M dmg+ without having to get a bandage off/LoS or anything? The actual sad thing is that even if it were true, it would mean you and your partner should probably quit PvP.
    Not full of crap, not lying and not trolling. This match we were about 1500 and he was about 1400. Did not say it took 30 minutes match probably took about 15-20 minutes total time. He basically trained the boomkin until I went 00M and he was dead and then was all over me until I was dead.

I could live with the damage output although it seems too extreme. I have no idea how he healed through all the boomkin's damage for that long.

Maybe I should quit pvp. I play with friends just to get points and we are usually somewhere between 1500-1900 in 2s without taking it all that seriously. I can pretty much outheal any 1 player damage 90% of the time in these brackets. If I want to be a jerk I can take the match to the time limit more often than not even if my partner dies. Against this monk there was no surviving. He just did too much damage and like I said he was far from the best geared player we played that day. Tyr weapons and honor gear. Nothing special.

How he took no damage is what I am questioning and is why I say WTF.

Looking for real explanations by players who play monk or have a clue if this guy was legit. I think he was hacking or had some kind of glitch since he has never been a 2200 player. If he was legit and that good than kudos to him.

Not full of crap, not lying and not trolling. This match we were about 1500 and he was about 1400. Did not say it took 30 minutes match probably took about 15-20 minutes total time. He basically trained the boomkin until I went 00M and he was dead and then was all over me until I was dead.

I could live with the damage output although it seems too extreme. I have no idea how he healed through all the boomkin's damage for that long.

Maybe I should quit pvp. I play with friends just to get points and we are usually somewhere between 1500-1900 in 2s without taking it all that seriously. I can pretty much outheal any 1 player damage 90% of the time in these brackets. If I want to be a jerk I can take the match to the time limit more often than not even if my partner dies. Against this monk there was no surviving. He just did too much damage and like I said he was far from the best geared player we played that day. Tyr weapons and honor gear. Nothing special.

How he took no damage is what I am questioning and is why I say WTF.

Looking for real explanations by players who play monk or have a clue if this guy was legit. I think he was hacking or had some kind of glitch since he has never been a 2200 player. If he was legit and that good than kudos to him.
    As a monk, it is fairly easy to heal through a boomkin if you don't let him cast...and as for the damage, during TeB and trinket, the damage is pretty insane.

Also, what BG? I did the same thing as your story to somebody yesterday or the day before.

It was Blade's Edge Arena map. He obviously let him cast enough to put out 6M damage over the course of the fight. Never got below 80% that I saw.

It was Blade's Edge Arena map. He obviously let him cast enough to put out 6M damage over the course of the fight. Never got below 80% that I saw.
    6 million over the course of 15-20 minutes would be less than 7,000 dps. I could see that being healed through with chi-sphere/burst/wave, healing elixirs, and expel harm.

BG meaning Battlegroup

Uhhh... Are some of you actually buying this? WW monks are terrible right now and this guy is saying he and his partner got owned by this guy, yet he has no proof. He's trolling... Do Topics like this get deleted? They serve no purpose but to inflame and troll.

Infracted for minor spam.

---------- Post added 2013-04-06 at 07:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Monk sustained is equal to some classes' burst.

But that healing does seem over the top.
    Are you kidding me?? You think monks sustained non burst damage is on par with other classes' burst. Wow monks are really OP then! /s
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-04-07 at 12:35 PM.

Im sorry but this is clearly a L2P issue, especially since you are a druid that can kite forever and is pretty much unkillable when played right
    I play with a rdruid partner in 2s and the ONLY thing that can kill him 1v1 are unholy dk's

10+ Year Old Account
    OP got decked.

You said in the title he was 'non geared'. How do you know this? He must have had at least compairable gear to you guys to be able to take your partner down in just a few globals.

These L2P and other ridiculous responses are the reason I never post on the forums. It is not a L2 play issue. I could probably torture each and every one of you guys telling me to L2P forever in a 1 v 1 situation. This guy dropped me in 15 seconds.

I take it from the responses what happened is not possible for a WW monk. I presumed he had a hack or some other glitch that allowed him to do so much damage and healing but wanted to check with others before reporting him for cheating as monk is the one class I have never played at max level.

Thanks for the actual responses.

10+ Year Old Account

I don't know, but I'll assume you're being honest.
    With that assumption, this post makes me angry, so out of emotion I want to say he's a damn dirty cheater and you deserve vengeance!