Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnarles Malarkey View Post
    Yes, but in this case there is a difference between ability and capability.

Most effective way to reduce queues is to balance LFR around fewer healers--say, three or four--and implement measures to immediately prevent queue-jukers. (You know, those Ret. Paladins and Shadow Priests, and so on.) The way the community receives gear, I believe, may prove irrelevant when longer queue times are replaced with repeated attempts.
    I agree that is a problem, but I don't think that the new gear thing would make this worse. It might not make it better, granted, but we already have people queuing for one role and then actually playing as another so they get the "right" loot, and I think that's probably more detrimental to success than people who queue for a role and then just do that role poorly because they don't know what they're doing.

And DPS queuing for healing or tank roles for the speedier queues, regardless of the way loot is handled, has been a long existing problem. But at least we won't have the ridiculous circumstance of running with two healers because three of them swapped to DPS specs for that caster DPS trinket that drops from this boss, and running with a bunch of people DPSing [poorly] in tank spec because they really desperately need tank gear but can't actually queue as tank because... they don't have the gear yet. The whole system now just encourages people to do a lot of silly things in order to get the gear they want, and anything that corrects that issue is probably going to be a move in the right direction.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    I know I'll queue as healer and "roll" for my tanking / dps spec.

Deleted
    Most tanks and healers aren't allowed to roll on dps gear in guild runs. LFR is the only source for their dps offspec, therefore queues will be faster.