Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

should i start paying for WoW?

im 13 and my parents said I could pay by helping out around the yard and the house, but I don't know if it is worth it for me because I am busy with sports and school and I don't know if ill not be able to play as much as I want but I just need a recommendation or some feedback saying if I should or not.

thanks,
    Chill

I'd feel like im pushing you into an addiction if i say yes, so Yes.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    I'd feel like im pushing you into an addiction if i say yes, so Yes.
    Seconded. If you liked the trial, you should sub for a month. If you like it, stay. If not, enjoy another MMO.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    no, god sakes, play your sports! The game has nothing to offer you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoonalol View Post
    wat are the 2 gob mounts.. i only know the trike

I would recommend staying as far away as you can, I was a lil older than you when I started, 14 I think, and even though I help school with decent ish grades, I could have / could've left with straight A's if I didn't spend as much time on wow as I did,

Bottom line, you will get addicted
    Last edited by Rotted; 2013-04-10 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Edited for the grammer nazi below

No, focus on sports and school.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    I would recommend staying as far away as you can, I was a lil older than you when I started, 14 I think, and even though I help school with decent ish grades, I could of left with straight A's if I didn't spend as much time on wow as I did,

Guys, im trying to get another sub number here, quit giving him good advice.
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Ask your parents if you would get money for the chores in any case. If they say yes, put the money in a jar, and spend it on taking your crush to the movies once a month. Pay for the candy too. Save the money left over, and get something you really want later on.

If you really want to play too, go for one of the F2P versions in stead (GW2 or SWtOR for example)

10+ Year Old Account
    Like all the others did say, you WILL like playing but you really shouldn't... stay as far away from WoW as you can.
    Originally Posted by cutterx2202
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Deleted
    Just play a free MMO, dont start playing this game if you dont really have an income.

Deleted
    I would recommend staying as far away as you can, I was a lil older than you when I started, 14 I think, and even though I help school with decent ish grades, I could of left with straight A's if I didn't spend as much time on wow as I did,

Sure, sure, it's all the game's fault.

OP: If you liked the game, go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    Guys, im trying to get another sub number here, quit giving him good advice.
    QQ we can't let wow claim another innocent soul, its to late for us, but theres hope for him!

Quote Originally Posted by Phan View Post
    Just play a free MMO, dont start playing this game if you dont really have an income.
    Paid or not, F2P MMOs games are still addictive, RS, Star trek, Star wars etc etc, I'd avoid all of them as I mentioned earlier and like the others said, concentrate on your sports, that will go out the window if you start on mmos

If you want to be addicted, sure.

Don't get me wrong, you will have a hell of time. It'll be more fun for you than sports or anything else really, and if you're 13 it'll do an awesome job of keeping you away from trouble, and drugs.

But say goodbye to your life because it will revolve around WoW.

So I say yes!

Quote Originally Posted by guff View Post
    Ask your parents if you would get money for the chores in any case. If they say yes, put the money in a jar, and spend it on taking your crush to the movies once a month. Pay for the candy too. Save the money left over, and get something you really want later on.

If you really want to play too, go for one of the F2P versions in stead (GW2 or SWtOR for example)
    EDIT: Just read you play sports, don't get into mmo's
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blayn View Post
    Sure, sure, it's all the game's fault.

OP: If you liked the game, go for it.
    And which bit of my quote says its all the games fault you tool, think its pretty clear if I said I spent to much time on it that implies its my fault you moron

[This post was infracted for flaming.]
    Last edited by Rivellana; 2013-04-10 at 10:06 PM.

At your age it's not really worth it. No one will want to play with you since you are under 18.

You have to think about the total cost. $180 a year buys a lot of games on Steam and you don't suddenly lose access if you can't pay the sub fee.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

Deleted
    And which bit of my quote says its all the games fault you tool, think its pretty clear if I said I spent to much time on it that implies its my fault you moron
    Calm down, little man, we don't need keyboard warriors

Deleted
    I'd honestly say stick to your sports and get your education sorted before dedicating time to games. You can play casually but you can easily fall into wanting more in a game like this.

They're your family. You should be helping around the house and the yard regardless.

If you feel like you are responsible enough or are good enough at time management to keep your grades up and play wow at the same time, then I would say go for it. I started playing in high school and got sucked in pretty quickly, but school was important enough to me that I was able to keep my grades up. Even though at times it was a struggle to balance school, I had some pretty awesome experiences in wow and definitely wouldn't have changed my decision to start playing