Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Instead of killing them, they should basically move them to a sort of holding facility, like a small prison area in the drag or something.

With hostile guards in case you try and break free.

Just a little thing to make it seem more real.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    Cause you know, if I were a new player going into my faction's main city for the first time and end up dead, I'd totally want to keep playing. Right?
    Well, in theory it might be one way to fix faction imbalance... Wanna level a new account/alt unmolested? Go Alliance...
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by Goremonger View Post
    How about random kor'kron rogueish guards sneak at you if you are busy being afk, at a mailbox, or just strolling through the drag. They take you with an animation of you in their arms getting carried away. They would have generic you are getting arrested talk something of that such. They take you behind a building and kill you. Lol it would happen say 1 player per every 50 and every few hours or so. Give you a real sense of danger. It would be a good way to take care of those pesky gold sellers or instill fear into the level 40s on their shiny new kodo.
    If they made this completely optional: i.e. you had to literally check a little box agreeing to have this happen to you...sure. Otherwise, no.

Not everyone finds joy this sort of thing. In fact, given the reactions to other world events they've held (zombie event being a main one) I'd venture to say most people don't find joy in this sort of thing.

If all you're looking for is a bit of randomness in your life...flag yourself PK and go sit afk in some remote spot of Pandaria and wait for someone to come along and try to kill you.

10+ Year Old Account
    My take on it:
    1. Make it apply to max level characters only.
    2. Give a chance to fight back, because uncontested insta-death is amusing once, then REALLY starts to suck.

Then it might be fun.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    Cause you know, if I were a new player going into my faction's main city for the first time and end up dead, I'd totally want to keep playing. Right?
    I started during the Cataclysm pre-event.
    Those elementals were one of the coolest things I had ever seen.

Game needs more dynamic events. Just don't make them target low levels or give them at level guard.

I suppose fighting back would be good as well maybe make them even more rare and drop cool vanity items. Also sounds like we're playing world of don't hurt meeeecraft

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorticough View Post
    I dunno about the killing part. If it's preventable, why not, if not, that'd probably get old quick.
    "Oh hey, it's Deathwing and he is flying by, how nice! WOAH, he just killed me!"

<about 50 times later>

"GEEZ."

Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post
    I started during the Cataclysm pre-event.
    Those elementals were one of the coolest things I had ever seen.

Game needs more dynamic events. Just don't make them target low levels or give them at level guard.
    This is why these things need a clear way to opt in or out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    People would whine and ruin everyones fun like with the zombie event and so on.
    Tommo speaks the truth !!!!
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    We can't have things like this because people will complain.
    Like Zombie Invasion? =P

Quote Originally Posted by Miralynn View Post
    Well, in theory it might be one way to fix faction imbalance... Wanna level a new account/alt unmolested? Go Alliance...
    Um...the Alliance outnumber the Horde on my server somewhere between 2:1 to 4:1...

Org will be phased so the Org we are in is pre-rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    People ruined the zombie event.

People would ruin this one too.

People are the reason we can't have fun things.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Quote Originally Posted by blixsauce View Post
    No. It'll be fun, joy and happy times the first time but it will only be annoying afterwards.
    Just like any Pre Expansion event, and yet everyone complained when Mists didn't have a big one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jshadow View Post
    Like Zombie Invasion? =P
    That's half the reason I loved it so much.

I'm all for switching up the status quo in capitol cities. You don't ever want things to change, play a non-MMO.

Deleted
    this would be an amazing idee for pvp servers not every server needs this makes actualy a good difrence of pvp server or not tha same effect as allys flying into ogri raping our AH always fun to gank them when they killed the AHneers

and to me this would make alot of sence aswell since ogri is gona be one of the last parts of this expansion raids aswell so might aswell make up whit it

+1

This would end like the wotlk prelaunch zombie thing. It honestly ended up being just incredibly annoying for everyone involved.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

what is the fun of just getting killed behind a building?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    This would end like the wotlk prelaunch zombie thing. It honestly ended up being just incredibly annoying for everyone involved.
    Pretty much this. The zombie event boiled down to two groups of people.
    1. People who played along, had fun with it when they could, and actually played both sides and helped resist the zombies as well as being one when they fell.
    2. People using it as an excuse to grief the ever-living hell out of their own faction for the first (and hopefully last) time, farming lowbies who had no chance to fight back and cursing/spamming/harassing/camping anyone who cleansed them, killed them, or otherwise showed spine enough to stand up to them.

The vast majority of people who keep waxing nostalgic about how awesome it was, as well as the people who ruined it for everyone, belong mainly to group 2.

Not sure if this was mentioned.. but does anyone remember the WOLTK events? I remember being able to go through alliance portals in Shattrath as horde and sit in their towers turning people into zombies.

Edit: It has, but everyone on my server loved it. It was avoidable for the complainers but it brought people together to play with each other.. something I noticed WoW has lost over the years (being a vanilla player)