Deleted

alt tab issues since 5.2

before 5.2, i could alt-tab during flight points and when I landed, i could alt-tab back in and i'd be at the flight point, no issue at all. but now, I get a loading screen.

even weirder is that when NPCscan goes off while alt-tab, it doesn't actually respond anymore until i'm back ingame. now, I already have all MoP rares, so no problems there, but it gives issues, and i wouldn't be surprised if the same were to be true for other addons.

and when I'm alt-tabbed in shrine of 2 moons, and then tab back in, my framerate takes a monstruous dive, like from outer space into a 10 mile deep pit filled with barbed wires and shit, and this is only partially solved by /reload.

have they really botched alt-tab so badly? I had none of these issues before the patch.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    before 5.2, i could alt-tab during flight points and when I landed, i could alt-tab back in and i'd be at the flight point, no issue at all. but now, I get a loading screen.

even weirder is that when NPCscan goes off while alt-tab, it doesn't actually respond anymore until i'm back ingame. now, I already have all MoP rares, so no problems there, but it gives issues, and i wouldn't be surprised if the same were to be true for other addons.

and when I'm alt-tabbed in shrine of 2 moons, and then tab back in, my framerate takes a monstruous dive, like from outer space into a 10 mile deep pit filled with barbed wires and shit, and this is only partially solved by /reload.

have they really botched alt-tab so badly? I had none of these issues before the patch.
    Go into options and enable "Fullscreen (windowed)".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post

Actually it is from tech that's been around for awhile. Its interesting your just noticing the change now. When you alt tab if your FPS limiter is far adjusted for background/foreground it will actually cause you to have to reload the area. I would avoid using Fullscreen Windowed unless you want to take a FPS dump anyways as doing so requires you draw over an already drawn surface causing the GPU to have to render 2 layers. It may not be huge, but it can affect it if you don't have a card ready to take the plunge.

As for the alt tabbing thing, the easiest way to do this and prevent it is like Alt tab, hit the Window Key. Hitting the window key should prevent the Alt Tab of moving a process priority to the background.

That also suggests you may have a program running at a higher thread priority than WoW which may cause it to stop feeding juice.

CHECKLIST:

Check foreground/background FPS.
    Try using Windows Key instead

Guaranteeing solution is to just swap to windowed mode.