Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Resto Druid Hard Times

So with the buff's in 5.2 I thought we would be in a much better spot. Looking at the parses so far we are still 10-20k behind Disc Priests and Holy Pallies. Now trying to raid 10 man as a resto druid with a Holy Pally and Disc Priest is almost impossible. The fact they can endlessly stack absorbs in down times basically mitigate all of my hots. The problem is its's not that resto druids are amazingly weak at the moment. But Disc priests are insane and the fact Pallies mastery does over half their healing is broken. Put an absorb at the end of every heal I cast :P

Time to roll a monk I think....

Are you complaining because people are dying or because you can't top the healing meters? It sounds a lot like the latter.

Nope, more because I can't justify not benching myself on progression for 2 heal fights with a Disc Priest and Pally Healer.... I like raiding

What's your progression currently? Just curious.

When your guild is working on progression, they need to make sure each and every member is doing the best possible work that they can. If someone is underperforming for any reason and can be replaced with someone else who can do better, they would be correct in replacing that person. This includes healing power, where higher numbers mean the capability of handling more damage. Druids, despite the buffs given to them in 5.2, are still underperforming in this way. It means that when you put a disc priest or a pally with similar skill level next to a druid/shaman/holy priest, that class loses almost all the time. Just like how guilds use their best DPSers, guilds who do not use their strongest healers are shooting themselves in the foot. In this case, it's not even the fault of the druid healer, but in the way the healing classes are balanced.

I'm sure Blizz is aware of this, but it's hard to beat a "heal" that goes off the moment damage is taken (absorbs). No amount of light-speed reaction time beats something that is instantaneous.

At least they can still work in 25-man raiding until someone figures out how to make 3 pallies and 2-3 disc priests work.

Quote Originally Posted by Thexasoul View Post
    What's your progression currently? Just curious.
    Currently 2/12 HM. Nothing special but raiding fairly casual. But as the post above says, you basically can't justify bringing a resto druid over a pally or disc priest. The absorbs just dominate. At the moment I generally pick who is healing and on most 2 heal fights we attempt I can't justify bringing myself in.

Yes healer ranks also mean nothing but I rank top 200 on a bunch of fights this tier and this is the first tier I've played where we are just getting raped. Meh

Funny, we were doing Tortos HC yesterday and our Pally constantly wanted to bench himself because he can only do 2/3 of my healing output. When you don't overheal, druids are actually quite OP, 125k HP sustained is no problem, and no other healer can even get close to that.

Try two-healing content, resto can shine a lot there.

Quote Originally Posted by Boagism View Post
    Currently 2/12 HM. Nothing special but raiding fairly casual. But as the post above says, you basically can't justify bringing a resto druid over a pally or disc priest. The absorbs just dominate. At the moment I generally pick who is healing and on most 2 heal fights we attempt I can't justify bringing myself in.

Yes healer ranks also mean nothing but I rank top 200 on a bunch of fights this tier and this is the first tier I've played where we are just getting raped. Meh
    We have our Druid play his Priest for Horridon because we need the disease dispel, and Megaera because of body and soul. We use a Druid on the other 7 heroic modes we've killed. I think you're exaggerating the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekkiem View Post
    If you have a paladin in your group, the druid can get cleanse through symbiosis. This allows you to dispel diseases and poisons, allowing the druid to dispel two stacks every 8 seconds.

If not, ignore my post and continue swapping to your priest.
    That's...true, yes. We could have done that. I shall remind him of this. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Boagism View Post

I'm 4/12 Heroic at the moment and I've two healed every fight so far with a Pally. Our third healer is a disc priest whenever we needed him on some progression fights, and although spirit shell is ridiculous, we can make do pretty well on every fight without him. I find myself holding my own against our Pally for the most part, usually only being slightly behind except on a fight such as Heroic Tortos which heavily favor Resto Druids. I think we're in a pretty good spot right now for two healing fights either with a disc or pally. We don't have as much pure throughput as either of them but the utility of tranq, ironbark/barkskin, and mushrooms along with our mana regen abilities being slightly better than most imo, put us in a solid spot.

Hey guys. Interesting thread here. I understand where the op is coming from. I too am struggling this expansion. I was hoping to get some pro tips on how to compete better. I do a decent job imo, but I want to do better. We just started H tortos last night. Knowing that this fight favors rdruids, my performance did not reflect this. Basically I'm shrooming after the stomps as well as blanket rejuvs just before the stomps. Is this correct? Any tips would be appreciated.

I'm not allowed to link my toon, but I'm Tazor on Stormrage US

If anyone is bored and want to take a look.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    OP, fact of the matter is that absorbs>all and nothing will change this expansion because it will require a significant overhaul for the top tier healers. I can't justify bringing my resto druid to raids any longer either because they bring so little utility and just so so so much overhealing. Now, from what I've heard is that monk utility is kind of light but at least you'll bring significant DPS like a disc priest does.

Quote Originally Posted by Backdoc77 View Post
    Hey guys. Interesting thread here. I understand where the op is coming from. I too am struggling this expansion. I was hoping to get some pro tips on how to compete better. I do a decent job imo, but I want to do better. We just started H tortos last night. Knowing that this fight favors rdruids, my performance did not reflect this. Basically I'm shrooming after the stomps as well as blanket rejuvs just before the stomps. Is this correct? Any tips would be appreciated.
    I'm assuming 10 man? Basically you want to blanket rejuvs for the whole fight to load the shields, at least on everyone that does not have a full absorb yet. Of course this depends on your mana. I found that using shrooms other than for initial shield loading is not worth it, as there is almost no overheal in the fight and they take ages to charge. Get Symbiosis from a shaman for tranq on the move (don't get hit by turtles anyway). SotF > Tree.

Sorry, I raid 25 man.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Backdoc77 View Post
    Sorry, I raid 25 man.
    Well then, you're fucked. Resto druids are awful for 25s as has already been shown multiple times. It's the reason we got the new shrooms in the first place.

People really need to stop saying Rdruids are awful in 25s. They are fine. Not the best but you can down fights with them just as easily.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyofcode View Post
    People really need to stop saying Rdruids are awful in 25s. They are fine. Not the best but you can down fights with them just as easily.
    No, they're not "fine". What people really need to do is stop perpetuating this myth because it keeps us from getting developer attention. Of course, you can down fights with resto druids. But, why would you want to? I can take a disc priest instead, get better healing of the preferred type (absorbs) and get 40-50k dps.

Resto druid is the healer you take when you can't get anything better.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist View Post
    No, they're not "fine". What people really need to do is stop perpetuating this myth because it keeps us from getting developer attention. Of course, you can down fights with resto druids. But, why would you want to? I can take a disc priest instead, get better healing of the preferred type (absorbs) and get 40-50k dps.

Resto druid is the healer you take when you can't get anything better.
    We are fine. We really are it is just that absorbs will always be better that's the issue. Proof that we are fine H Tortos where little of our healing is overheal and absorbs don't help with increasing the crystal shield we smash the other healers.

What I'm trying to say is yes druids are behind Hpallies and Disco priests but not from lack of healing power but the mechanics of those classes.

Do we need something to help us keep up with them. Yes. Does that make Rdruids "awful"? No. We are average.

We are fine. We really are it is just that absorbs will always be better that's the issue. Proof that we are fine H Tortos where little of our healing is overheal and absorbs don't help with increasing the crystal shield we smash the other healers.

What I'm trying to say is yes druids are behind Hpallies and Disco priests but not from lack of healing power but the mechanics of those classes.

Do we need something to help us keep up with them. Yes. Does that make Rdruids "awful"? No. We are average.

I am raiding with 25 men guild i have progress with them on first 3 bosses it is not that i am doing any thing wrong but u have to look wht other classes give to raid instead of us Shaman is whole supermarket of Cooldowns Healing Tide, Spirit Link, Stormalash HP Increase dmg decrease Mana tide, Priest and for Holy i dont need to say any thing Monk Zen meditation, Life Cocon, but as for us We have tranq healing tide done a lot more than our Tranq and if u have boomkin in grp he can do almost double of our tranq with HotW, i am raiding with them but until they got another healer know i am benching out of the raids on progression fights because we cant give things to raid like other classes, for example on magera when rampage is up wht we have Muhsroom(my shroom max healing on all 3 of them inclusing 508K divided by 20 players= 25.4K each player lessing other 5 players from it and then put shroom and charge them), SM(15 sec CD) and Wild growth(10 sec CD) al most oall of them i can use them once in each rampage and other healer they can spam there spell healing Rain, Chain Heal, Holy Radince, Prayer of Healing, Uplift wht we do is use WG, SM , SHroom then spam reju and there ticks got sniped by the other healers.

I am agree with you that our healing is not that bad our healing got snipe by other healers but we need some thing to get in competion with other healers right knwo no one needs the resto druid in raid grp