Raid CD/groups/Jobs announcer

I was wondering and yes I know you can use macros for this but I'm running out of space.
    Is there an addon that will keep the different type of raid jobs in a raid.

For example:
    - Boss 1

Group 1 to purple
    Group 2 to Green
    Group 3 to yellow
    Group 4 to blue

1st CD playerA
    2nd CD playerB
    3rd CD playerC

and so on and just announce it in raid/group or whatever is needed?

Quote Originally Posted by wuat View Post
    it's called VOIP
    WOW That sounds like a great IDEA. I wonder why I didn't think of it before posting here and bother such a genius intellect....

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you tried BindPad for additional macro slots? Or MacroBank for macro profiles? (You could have one profile just for "Raids") I've never heard of an addon that does what you're assking by itself, since I mean, you have to set the group numbers and the icons yourself? I'd really just recommend you use the same icons for every raid, so that way you already have all the macros set up and all you have to do is change names around when that specific person isn't in the raid.

I'm sorry I couldn't be more helpful, but I'll try to keep a look out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by ODDLAWL View Post
    Have you tried BindPad for additional macro slots? Or MacroBank for macro profiles? (You could have one profile just for "Raids") I've never heard of an addon that does what you're assking by itself, since I mean, you have to set the group numbers and the icons yourself? I'd really just recommend you use the same icons for every raid, so that way you already have all the macros set up and all you have to do is change names around when that specific person isn't in the raid.

I'm sorry I couldn't be more helpful, but I'll try to keep a look out for you.
    I was checking the Macrobank Addon just a little early and it would def help with the macro issue. However I wanted to know if there was something more closely related to say DBM but instead of having preset options, that the options are given by the user (kinda)

but I guess i will either have to learn Lui programming or just use macros hehe

Quote Originally Posted by cetraben View Post
    What i tend to do is just set people to set roles and make them do the same each week. If people are missing/swapped out we replace as we go.

Before this I used to just write it down on a notepad on my desk, so if you get something in the works be sure to make a post on here
    Our guild uses a google docs spreadsheet. It works wonders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Underzero View Post
    WOW That sounds like a great IDEA. I wonder why I didn't think of it before posting here and bother such a genius intellect....
    I realize he came off as a prick, but I don't understand why you wouldn't just announce such stuff through mumble, vent, etc

I've been using this for a few weeks:

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/your-mark

It's a little outdated, but the functionality seems intact. It's actually pretty damn nice, my only gripe is that switching zones seems to clear the last setup you had. You can save and restore them, but it'd be nice if it just stayed there until I switched to another one or created a new one.

Still prefer it infinitely over making macros.

I could see a google docs spreadsheet with edit rights shared between a few key people and view rights for the rest working pretty well. Even more so maybe with the in-game browser coming in 5.3 (though I don't know of the restrictions on it).