Thread: Fun Melee Class

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Fun Melee Class

Well, I decided I'm going to make a new alt to level with my friend, and am wondering what would be a fun melee class to try out. My plan is to gear and PvP quite a lot once 90. Also I'm not looking for FotM class, just something enjoyable to play (and not be raped 100% of the time). I have been a PvPer for a while now but really only with caster (mage,spriest,warlock).

oh my goodness go ARMS warrior. such a fun class to play with high mobility, great defensive abilities, multidimensional in terms of being able to swap out talents for added stun, or added burst, or added stun AND burst.

with the new revamp in 5.2 to Taste For Blood and the way procs works now, its really a blast!

been playing WoW since classic and exclusively PvP. have played Rogue, Warrior, Mage, Spriest/Disc, Moonkin/Tree, Enhance, and Warr and have YET to find a class/spec more fun than Arms. its just SO fluid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auberdeen View Post
    oh my goodness go ARMS warrior. such a fun class to play with high mobility, great defensive abilities, multidimensional in terms of being able to swap out talents for added stun, or added burst, or added stun AND burst.

with the new revamp in 5.2 to Taste For Blood and the way procs works now, its really a blast!

been playing WoW since classic and exclusively PvP. have played Rogue, Warrior, Mage, Spriest/Disc, Moonkin/Tree, Enhance, and Warr and have YET to find a class/spec more fun than Arms. its just SO fluid.
    Arms is fun, I agree. It's very simple and even feels ferocious at times even in PvE. The thing that makes Warriors feel like a Warrior is that they always have a gcd to fill and they have plenty of keybinds. I also love the sound of Warrior abilities besides Slam.

I would recommend to the OP to play an Unholy Death Knight. I feel that Unholy is basically the melee wow's equivalent of the Russian Spetsnaz in terms of maximum usage. Unholy just feels completely superior to Arms.

Unholy has...
    Superior Utility: Strangulate/Asphyxiate, Ghoul Stun (Gnaw), Transformed Pet Immobilize, Fear Break, Purge with Icy Touch glyphed, Anti Magic Shell, Reliable 60% slow.

Superior Overall Damage: Frost Fever and Blood Plague, Very simple Dot Pressure with Pestilence/Blood Boil.

Fast Passive Movement Speed: 15% while sitting in Unholy Presence. Can be increased if Specced into Death's Advance.

Reliable Self Healing: Lichborne, Death Strike, Conversion/Death Pact

Anti Stun Abilities: Icebound Fortitude, Desecrated Ground.

The only problem with Unholy or any DK besides Blood, is that the spec has no real high mitigation abilities like Dispersion or Shield Wall. You basically have to rely on Icebound Fortitude and a fast movement speed to "Avoid" damage rather than take direct damage. In a way, Dk's are similar to Rogues in that aspect.

Oh yeah getting Disarmed sucks. It sucks for any melee really.

10+ Year Old Account

While I agree that the arms rotations plays much better then the other melee I have, it is also much less effective in PvP, and frankly unwanted by the vast majority of people in their groups. You will not find a good RBG group as Arms, and you most likely wont find an Arena team either.

If you want to do RBGs, and be melee, you almost have to be a DK, there is a small amount of rogues getting into groups, but mainly its all casters plus a dk. DK's also excel at arena right now, Rogues too, while the other melee has either extremely restricted comp choices or just plain suck.

So if you want to play Melee, and play to win, and find teams without a huge hassle, then roll a DK or Rogue.

The only problem with Unholy or any DK besides Blood, is that the spec has no real high mitigation abilities like Dispersion or Shield Wall. You basically have to rely on Icebound Fortitude and a fast movement speed to "Avoid" damage rather than take direct damage. In a way, Dk's are similar to Rogues in that aspect.
    Not really. Rogues have a 50% wall in Combat Readiness, and a 30% wall in Feint, which has no CD, oh and Cloak of Shadows cant be bursted through by a single chaos bolt. IMO a rogue survives by popping CDs and CCing the other team, a DK survives by putting out such insane pressure the other team is always on their back foot using CC to stop damage as opposed to scoring kills.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

while what should i reroll as a alt are not allowed on mmo-c i'll help you out. PTR. thats all you need. buy full tryn gear and wreck some people in bgs. feel what the class has to offer. then pick the class you find the most fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Frost dk if you run premades, rogue if you go solo. Unholy or rogue if you do arena.

In this order:

Warrior
    Rogue
    Monk
    DK
    Ret Paladin
    Enhancement

Monk is the most fun. You can can do a flying kick... and you don't need to target anything for it.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

I agree warrior is very fun to play in bgs, probably my favorite in that area, but I really hate playing war in arenas. Its just non-stop roots or being in danger of globaled every 5 seconds. I guess I need to find a hunter and play a faceroll comp. You actually like the new TfB? I personally hate it, sitting on 5 overpower stacks whenever but not using them since overpower hits for like a third of what slam does seems dumb and heroic strike is now nearly useless.

Go unholy dk. Spec roiling blood, spread diseases, sit blood presence with conversion, and destroy everything in bgs. Dks are the new warriors in terms of being the thing you really dont want to see in bgs. They are also very strong in arenas and always needed for rbgs.

rogue they are the most hated class in game. nothing is more fun then pissing people as a rogue
    HAKUNA MATATA... IT MEANS NO WORRIES FOR THE REST OF YOUR DAYS

Quote Originally Posted by c2dholla619 View Post
    rogue they are the most hated class in game. nothing is more fun then pissing people as a rogue
    why? you can't even see there reaction was is the fun then?

Deleted
    I'd definitely advise the OP to try a DK, I have a warrior as well but DK just feels nicer.

between PvP and Pve they perform well, additionally if you off spec blood you can solo a ton of old content in your downtime.

Deleted
    I feel ashamed noone is putting in a world for the most fun Melee. Feral druids, The insane kiting, hard hitting cooldowns, stealth, healing, stuns, roots and the best manueverability in the game. It is the best 1v1 melee class by far if played correctly, and has a really good skill cap. So much fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogontoast View Post
    I feel ashamed noone is putting in a world for the most fun Melee. Feral druids, The insane kiting, hard hitting cooldowns, stealth, healing, stuns, roots and the best manueverability in the game. It is the best 1v1 melee class by far if played correctly, and has a really good skill cap. So much fun.
    Yes but you have to be a cat. Which opens you up to so much shit.

Things I have yelled at feral druids:
    NO KITTY THIS IS MY POT PIE! THATS A BAD KITTY!
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    I would say feral, best melee i have played so far, insane mobility, good self healing with quite good burst.

Deleted
    Feral
    Rogue
    or Warrior

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My order is
    Warrior
    DK
    Rogue
    Feral Druid
    Monk
    Ret Paladin
    Shaman

Shaman are terrible and Rogues are a bit OP but that is my take for 5.2

Deleted
    My order having all of these at 90 in order by fun (dont have enha)

DK
    Feral
    Rogue
    Monk
    Ret
    Warrior

By viability in arena

Rogue
    DK
    Feral
    Monk
    Warrior
    Ret
    Enha

Deleted
    looking at 5.3 notes so far enha and ret seem to get "alot funner" if you catch my drift..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    In this order:

Warrior
    Rogue
    Monk
    DK
    Ret Paladin
    Enhancement
    In this order:

Warrior
    Monk
    DK
    Ret Paladin
    Enhancement
    Rogue

Rogues are awful. They should be last on every list of anything pertaining to WoW.