Decisions decisions

I got accepted to both UC Irvine and UC Santa Barbara. I have some time to decide, but it's a hard choice. Irvine is a great school and is one of, if not the safest cities in America. However, having living near there, there's not a lot to do, other an the beach. Santa Barbara is a great school too, and seems exciting. It's known as a party school, which I do like to party, but I'm not looking forward to all the drunk kids. Anyone knows something about either of these schools or university life in general?

Based on the info you've provided, Irvine. You go to college to learn, not fuck off.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you like parties, and party now, you'll basically party at any school you go to. I wouldn't be worried about picking a school that's not a "party school" with the expectation that it would be boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Adio View Post
    I got accepted to both UC Irvine and UC Santa Barbara. I have some time to decide, but it's a hard choice. Irvine is a great school and is one of, if not the safest cities in America. However, having living near there, there's not a lot to do, other an the beach. Santa Barbara is a great school too, and seems exciting. It's known as a party school, which I do like to party, but I'm not looking forward to all the drunk kids. Anyone knows something about either of these schools or university life in general?
    What you need to ask is not "which has a better social life" but which is the better school for education, thats the reason your going isn't it?

I know partying and social activities are part of uni life but its not what your going there for at the end of the day.

But the choice is yours
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

Yeah, I'm going to school to learn, and the party life is fine for a little bit, but I want to get an education first and foremost. I talked to a counselor and she said both schools have a great Psych program, my major. I tend to do well in school, so I think I will have some time to party and have fun. Thanks for the input, I have a month to check out the schools and their forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adio View Post
    Yeah, I'm going to school to learn, and the party life is fine for a little bit, but I want to get an education first and foremost. I talked to a counselor and she said both schools have a great Psych program, my major. I tend to do well in school, so I think I will have some time to party and have fun. Thanks for the input, I have a month to check out the schools and their forums.
    Ah, well if you're a psych major, you'll definitely be partying. ; )