Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    To be fair, From Software came out and said they were only doing this in response to the fan petition for a PC, and that it would suck. They were honest the whole way through that the game was designed for consoles, and that they had no experience porting to PC so the port would be pretty bad. That's not really a good excuse, but they were honest from the get-go and never gave any illusion that the PC port would be some spectacular product.

And actually, they've been talking about how they're putting much more effort into the PC version of Dark Souls 2 and keeping PC's in mind during the design process. So it seemed like they were happy with the response from PC gamers and are giving the PC version the support it deserves.
    My favourite thing about all this is the fact that Namco stated that it was "impossible without a great amount of effort" to improve graphics, mainly with allowing higher resolution than piss poor 720p. And after that, a modder (not a god of modding, just a regular one) spent about a half an hour to make the game a thousand times better looking. So, they didn't even bother spending a half an hour to put a higher resolution in.

By the way: Dark Souls 2 on PC? WOW! And they are talking that they will put more effort into it! I'm totally buying it, I totally believe them, I already forgot about Dark Souls 1 port.

Deleted
    Op: Did they unban you in the end or are they still refusing?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    We get it, you don't like Blizzard. That doesn't mean that every thread is now your, "I'm going to bash Blizzard in this thread that has nothing to do with Blizzard" thread. Knock it off. -Edge

to give context, i think.

i agree that statement such as "blizz sucks" are as non contructive as statement "EA sucks", they do not advance the discussion. But i don't think inappropriate to compare the actions of a give company with ofthers in the industry. I believe context is important for every debate.

That being said, MMO-C is very much a WOW/blizzard oriented fan site, there will be a lot of positivity regarding blizzard, but i do think most can make the difference between blind devotion and accurate assessment.

Quote Originally Posted by Droxx View Post

bf3 is good
    simcity was good
    warfighter was better than d3
    crysis 3 is good
    deadspace 3 was good(didnt play it myself)

We get it, you don't like Blizzard. That doesn't mean that every thread is now your, "I'm going to bash Blizzard in this thread that has nothing to do with Blizzard" thread. Knock it off. -Edge
    Haha, all those games are so mediocre it hurts.

Simcity especially was a spectacular flop.

And besides... You cant bash games you havent played yourself... Bandwagoning much?

Eadrone defense force assemble!?

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    OP has learned an expensive but valuable lesson here: stop buying EA products.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Profyrion View Post
    OP has learned an expensive but valuable lesson here: stop buying EA products.
    yes ... that ... or, you know
    Don't visit shady website, don't click on untrusted links, don't get worms or keylogger installed, have a firewall up and an antivirus running.

well, i'm sure he learned ... something

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    My favourite thing about all this is the fact that Namco stated that it was "impossible without a great amount of effort" to improve graphics, mainly with allowing higher resolution than piss poor 720p. And after that, a modder (not a god of modding, just a regular one) spent about a half an hour to make the game a thousand times better looking. So, they didn't even bother spending a half an hour to put a higher resolution in.

By the way: Dark Souls 2 on PC? WOW! And they are talking that they will put more effort into it! I'm totally buying it, I totally believe them, I already forgot about Dark Souls 1 port.
    I'm going to atempt to be a bit of Devil's Advocate here. Have you seen how big From Software actually is, as a team? It's tiny. There was a video with the developers on the CD that came with Dark Souls and their entire office space has just enough room for about 4 PC desks and that's it. The sound studio is litterally a cupboard! They had the sound guy complaining how bad it is to do anything in there, since it barely fits 2 people.

From what I know (correct me if i'm wrong, since i've not looked up too much on their software lineup), but they're mostly made games for the PS1, PS2 and PS3. It was there first XB360 game too (correct me if i'm wrong again), so to get it working across both platforms, with such a small team is fantastic. Now they're being pressured by the fans to release the game on the PC and possibly by Microsoft, since it used Games for Windows Live.

Clearly, they can't focus too much time on past games, since they've got to churn out new stuff to get the money coming in. You can't keep porting older titles to different consoles, because of the cut publishers get and the smaller markets. Yes, there was a ton of crap with the PC port. Namco or Microsoft could have helped out more I suppose, but they didn't.

Now, the game it's self, the actual core, is amazing. I love both Dark and Demon Souls. I trust the devlopers to learn from their mistakes and make all 3 versions as good as one another, or maybe even better with the PC possibly having better textures, lighting etc. I've got no reason to doubt From Software to not deliver, since judging from that 12 minute demo doing the rounds, the game looks amazing, but there's no way ANY one should be pointing the finger and shouting "YOU! Yeh, you! Person that makes games but makes crappy ports! I hate you now and hope you crash and burn because your inexperience in the PC platform meant your loving fans helped get your game working right!"

As Edge said, they even stated before the PC version came out it wasn't going to be any good. You only have yourself to blame for disapointment.

Anyways, back on topic. EA really isn't even on my radar any more. Mass Effect is finished to me, i've got no wish to go back to that franchise. There's a slim chance of a Dead Space 4, but the 2nd and 3rd were fairly dull so i'm not fussed about playing a 4th. I don't play sports games, so Fifa isn't something i'm after. I'm not really into Battlefield or Crysis, though it does annoy me that Crytek are meant to be making a Timespliters game and that'll be published by EA.

Overall, if EA stopped making games, I wouldn't really care. Now, if Nintendo, From Software, Atlus or CD Project Red go under, then I WOULD care. Capcom and Square-Enix going under would blow, but they've been making pap lately too.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's sad...but I do like the new Simcity, it's not perfect, but it IS good. That's my opinion on that game. But the other fact is, after reading these comments and threads about EA, I'm starting to not play any of the games I own from EA Not until they get their shit together. I don't want to end up like the OP, no offence towards him/her. I do feel really bad. Because I would be on a rage/pissed mode by now...

I'm sorry to hear about what happened to you OP! I surely hope you find some way to get your account back!
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki