Deleted

Crazy father kills son because he played video games all day.

A friend linked this news article to me and I thought I'd share it.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...-fear/2071069/

"Eugene Maraventano, who planned to kill himself after killing his wife, wondered what would become of his son, Bryan Maraventano, 27, after his suicide, explaining that his son played video games all day and had no girlfriend or job, according to a court record filed by police."

You guys better straighten out your lives or you dad might be coming for you!

On a more serious note:
    It is amazing what conclusions some people can reach, isn't it?

Somehow video games will get blamed for this anyway. Just you wait and see.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that the story is a little more than that. Crazy guy slept with prostitutes, thought he might have HIV, and killed his wife because he thought he might have given it to her. The son part is just a passing thought after that mess.

Yet another victim of video games addiction. So sad...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I think that the story is a little more than that. Crazy guy slept with prostitutes, thought he might have HIV, and killed his wife because he thought he might have given it to her. The son part is just a passing thought after that mess.
    Well ya but some guy killing his wife over thinking he gave her HIV while not common isn't exceptional.

The conclusion that you have to kill your son as well because you are worried what will become of him since he only plays video games all day long is.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gend View Post
    Well ya but some guy killing his wife over thinking he gave her HIV while not common isn't exceptional.

The conclusion that you have to kill your son as well because you are worried what will become of him since he only plays video games all day long is.
    While this is true, it still both insane. I mean, she might have gotten HIV, but these days it's curable afaik and she might have had a great life to go. The son might have been happy with his life aswell so the father's actions are rather selfish even though he thought they weren't.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

15+ Year Old Account
    Killing yourself is nothing more than a cry for attention. It's a selfish act. You hurt the people around you more than you can imagine. Taking people with you is an ever bigger cry for attention. Why, if you plan to kill yourself, would you feel the need to take people with you? Who on Earth would you kill someone for playing games all day? Do you kill people for working all day, for doing sports all day? No. The guy was just doing what he liked. Got a problem with that? GTFO, or yea, kill yourself.

I sat behind my computer for two years (completely lost what I wanted to do), playing games, watching movies and tv shows and I had the time of my life. No girlfriend, no friends, no income for two years was bliss. Wasn't bored a single minute. Got a job now, but I'd go back to that bliss in a second. Some people are just good at that. If people can't accept that, they're being selfish. If they really love you, they will respect your choices and deal with it. People that demand you do what they want you to do, do not give a shit about you. They want you to help them feel good.
    Statix will suffice.

Ok so we have some psychotic who has spent who knows how much on whores, and is afraid his wife might be infected with some STD he picked up, and decided to kill her (he is psychotic after all), and thus the OP then thinks that this somehow has to do with an adult playing too many video games?

Wait what?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuukon View Post
    Ok so we have some psychotic who has spent who knows how much on whores, and is afraid his wife might be infected with some STD he picked up, and decided to kill her (he is psychotic after all), and thus the OP then thinks that this somehow has to do with an adult playing too many video games?

Wait what?
    Did you even bother to read? Or can you simply not understand what you are reading?

10+ Year Old Account
    Granted, the guy was crazy, but are we ever going to enter an era where video gaming is treated like any other hobby rather than with this stupid stigma?
    Putin khuliyo