Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know we can't go back, but every time they change hunters it's for the worse. I'd rather they just left us alone, because whatever they do is going to suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    Haha I knew exactly which movie this was before clicking it.

On topic, I agree with the OP. Blizzard should stop taking all the fun abilities away because that doesn't fix the said "bloat" in any way.

Deleted
    Calling random stuff bloat is one of Ghostcrawler's really annoying justifications for taking stuff out the game, but it's not nearly as annoying as him telling me what is fun and isn't. He will taking Levitate off my priest next because it doesn't do anything except allow me to have a little fun (and occasionally save my life from a nasty shaman at lumber mill) because it's "bloat".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithshield View Post
    I think GC seriously needs to examine exactly what he means by 'bloat'
    Guessing he was trying to take some of the everyday derp away from the class, and add better items into the class. Was it fun? Sure. Was it useful? Not really. If removing that spell got hunters some better DPS and pet stampeding, then so be it. I would rather them yank some of the non-essentials and replace it with stuff that adds significant class value. Just my 2 cents.

---------- Post added 2013-04-11 at 05:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    Calling random stuff bloat is one of Ghostcrawler's really annoying justifications for taking stuff out the game, but it's not nearly as annoying as him telling me what is fun and isn't. He will taking Levitate off my priest next because it doesn't do anything except allow me to have a little fun (and occasionally save my life from a nasty shaman at lumber mill) because it's "bloat".
    Seems a bit hyperbolic. Levitate is intended to use as a slow fall walking mechanic to get from a high spot to a low spot without killing yourself. Eyes of the beast was great for a lvl 33 huntard in SW who was bored of leveling to put his Night Elf in a trance and take his pet into the AH and pretend his pet was shopping. See the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    You can keep it if you can think of a single decent use for it.

Hunters have way too many skills to use as it is, its a hot key nightmare.
    I use to use it to pull bosses in moltern core

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Guessing he was trying to take some of the everyday derp away from the class, and add better items into the class. Was it fun? Sure. Was it useful? Not really. If removing that spell got hunters some better DPS and pet stampeding, then so be it. I would rather them yank some of the non-essentials and replace it with stuff that adds significant class value. Just my 2 cents.

---------- Post added 2013-04-11 at 05:36 AM ----------

Seems a bit hyperbolic. Levitate is intended to use as a slow fall walking mechanic to get from a high spot to a low spot without killing yourself. Eyes of the beast was great for a lvl 33 huntard in SW who was bored of leveling to put his Night Elf in a trance and take his pet into the AH and pretend his pet was shopping. See the difference?
    No, really I don't. Both are largely useless spells with small windows of having some utility but were largely used by players to just muck about. Most importantly, both were spells that you could either have on your action bar or not and not effect your DPS/healing performance one iota. See the difference? I don't.

Eyes of the Beast along with Sentry totem would be perfect candidates for minor glyphs.

Deleted
    That was amazingly funny, people should watch it.

Well Eyes of the Beast had a lot of fun uses, but boosting your DPS was not one of them. A lot of skills fall into that kind of bracket where their use is a bit more nuanced, lets not delete them all.

I'm not against getting rid of bloat either, I can think of two examples from my Druid main already:
    Swipe and Thrash - two skills that basically do the same thing and could easily be merged.
    Sunfire and Moonfire - identical skills but with different graphics. Just double the damage and have the graphic change depending on what eclipse you are in.

I see. So basically, the only reason to play WoW now is to have the highest DPS? I thought it was to have fun? Eyes of the Beast was fun, which is the whole point. They were silly to remove it for no reason. You're right, it added nothing for those who didn't care for it, but it didn't remove anything either. It was beneficial for people who did care and have fun with it.

People should learn to care less for their massive DPS-peen and more for the actual enjoyment they get out of a game. It's a game, a hobby; not a sport.

Thanks for the awesome sig, Lady Amuno.

Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    You can keep it if you can think of a single decent use for it.

Hunters have way too many skills to use as it is, its a hot key nightmare.
    What the fucks the point of Mind Vision then? Everybody loved Eyes of the Beast. There wasn't a single reasonable reason to remove it.

Thanks for this video, that was awesome! :-)

10+ Year Old Account
    No, really I don't. Both are largely useless spells with small windows of having some utility but were largely used by players to just muck about. Most importantly, both were spells that you could either have on your action bar or not and not effect your DPS/healing performance one iota. See the difference? I don't.
    Of the two, I would find more use for Levitate than I could for Eyes of the Beast.

But, just so we are clear how valuable this little spell was, I've located this video explaining the plight from the Beast's perspective:

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with the OP. I don't want to see fun unique stuff from each class get removed as "bloat"

EotB seemed like something you'd only use for fun, don't see why it'd bloat. Could just keep it on a "funsies" bar, like Confession, Illusion, Disguise and whatnot from certain class glyphs, don't see them being useful for hotkeys, at least not some simple hotkey you use a lot.

EotB could be a minor glyph, don't see why not. Fun spells should be around or at least minor glyphable and not be removed cuz they're "bloat", so much else that's bloat in our spellbooks.

I think GC seriously needs to examine exactly what he means by 'bloat' and be more precise in its definition, because his and my definition are very different.
    Bloat in this sense for the most part means something that is unneccessary and just causes you to have more buttons than you should. While it was more of a toy it didn't really provide any other use. Having it as a minor glyph isn't a bad idea, but overall? It was just another button in a hunter's spellbook that most (new) people were trying to figure out how to make it useful.

EotB (something that could have been tweaked into an amazing utility skill) was bloat, but Eagle Eye is cool? Feed pet? Ok.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember when they were *attempting* to give Hunters the ability to tank directly with their pet via Eyes of the Beast and a glyph that increased the Pets damage by a huge number if it was under the effect of said ability.

This was pretty awesome for those of us that utilized it, sadly, it seemed that most didn't - thus EotB went away.

While I would love to have it back, the simple fact of how complex encounter mechanics have become makes it impossible for at least that particular usage to return; you can't move when EotB is casting, and that won't help you in any of the ToT fights, not to mention the previous tier.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Of the two, I would find more use for Levitate than I could for Eyes of the Beast.

But, just so we are clear how valuable this little spell was, I've located this video explaining the plight from the Beast's perspective:

You keep banging on about the uses of levitate in comparison to Eyes of the Beast as if that were the relevant issue. It's not. It's that both were largely useless spells with very limited utility that did not have to be on the player's action bar. It's that simple. Taking it out the game only affected two sets of people; the guys who slam everything they get on their action bars (and they best hope to god they dont roll a warlock) or the people who actually found some use for it. That I use my levitate to jump down from lumber mill to blacksmith is beside the point, it's that EotB was doing absolutely FA harm. And I find it hilarious that a poster who berated me for hyperbole in his previous comment uses the word "amazing" to support his argument. EotB wasn't great, had little use, but it wasn't needed as part of the active part of rotation and was just a bit of flavour, but we now now live in an era where everything has to be "useful"(read-part of the active rotation or yet another godfarsaken CC) to be allowed merit. Didn't like EotB? Fine, keep it in your spellbook.

Deleted
    ghostcrawler always talks about stuff he has no clue about how is he even still in his job of lead systems guy i do not know for what he has done to wow over the years and his poor descisions he should have been fired many years ago

---------- Post added 2013-04-11 at 03:11 PM ----------

why not just remove everything from the game thats fun change all the armor to bussiness suits and just amke the game staring at blizz shares, blizzard waant all our money and also suck all the fun out of wow while there at it

10+ Year Old Account
    You keep banging on about the uses of levitate in comparison to Eyes of the Beast as if that were the relevant issue. It's not. It's that both were largely useless spells with very limited utility that did not have to be on the player's action bar. It's that simple. Taking it out the game only affected two sets of people; the guys who slam everything they get on their action bars (and they best hope to god they dont roll a warlock) or the people who actually found some use for it.
    Ok. No more using Levitate as a comparison. I was just reusing the item you used as an example.

That I use my levitate to jump down from lumber mill to blacksmith is beside the point
    Fair point. I mean, how often do priests PvP and then how often do they actually cast that spell on themselves and others to invade the bsmith, or to jump further down to the gold mine? I see your point

it's that EotB was doing absolutely FA harm. And I find it hilarious that a poster who berated me for hyperbole in his previous comment uses the word "amazing" to support his argument.
    I went back and looked at all of my previous (never edited) posts, and could not find the word "amazing" in any of them. At this point, it tells me you are getting pretty upset about an insignificant issue to the point of making stuff up and putting words in my mouth.

EotB wasn't great, had little use, but it wasn't needed as part of the active part of rotation and was just a bit of flavour, but we now now live in an era where everything has to be "useful"(read-part of the active rotation or yet another godfarsaken CC) to be allowed merit. Didn't like EotB? Fine, keep it in your spellbook.
    I didn't remove it. I never asked for it to be removed. It was not some personal vendetta of mine. This is just an ever evolving kid's game. Blizz is gonna do whatever they want to do, and I see no sense in getting my blood pressure up for something this insignificant. I'm sorry that hunters lost the ability to screw around with their pets, but it hardly seems like a world crisis. Good luck to you though. I hope you find another spell that allows you to spend your time in game doing whatever it is you want to do. Have a nice day!