Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Ok. No more using Levitate as a comparison. I was just reusing the item you used as an example.

Fair point. I mean, how often do priests PvP and then how often do they actually cast that spell on themselves and others to invade the bsmith, or to jump further down to the gold mine? I see your point

I went back and looked at all of my previous (never edited) posts, and could not find the word "amazing" in any of them. At this point, it tells me you are getting pretty upset about an insignificant issue to the point of making stuff up and putting words in my mouth.

I didn't remove it. I never asked for it to be removed. It was not some personal vendetta of mine. This is just an ever evolving kid's game. Blizz is gonna do whatever they want to do, and I see no sense in getting my blood pressure up for something this insignificant. I'm sorry that hunters lost the ability to screw around with their pets, but it hardly seems like a world crisis. Good luck to you though. I hope you find another spell that allows you to spend your time in game doing whatever it is you want to do. Have a nice day!
    Ah, sorry I misquote "valuable" as "amazing". Point stands that person who accuses others of hyperbole isn't immune from it himself, even in this post a few forum posts over something becomes "raised blood pressure" and a "world crisis". Really, all people are asking is why was it taken out as taking it out does NO good and only takes something off the people who did use it. If you can show me how taking out EotB is a bigger improvement than jst leaving the thing in the spellbook I might concede to your point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    If you can show me how taking out EotB is a bigger improvement than jst leaving the thing in the spellbook I might concede to your point.
    No need to concede. As I mentioned in the other thread in which you jumped my ass, you like to fight, and I am not here to ablige. Have a nice day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    No need to concede. As I mentioned in the other thread in which you jumped my ass, you like to fight, and I am not here to ablige. Have a nice day.
    And yet in both threads it was you who replied to my comments. If you didn't want a forum battle you maybe shouldn't have done that on two threads simultaneously while twisting my points and personally attacking me, just a thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    Knock it off, please, and stick to the topic

10+ Year Old Account
    This shows once again that Blizzard does not deserve to decide the fate of the universe Warcraft ... they only serve to betray the followers of their games and themselves...

Yes to the return of the Hunter's Eyes of the Beast ability! Immediately!

So what if there's bloat? Does every skill need to be purely practical and healing/DPS/etc related? Why can't there be a few fun, largely cosmetic skills?

10+ Year Old Account
    I am sure we used to use Eyes of the Beast to pull a boss in Molton Core back in the day :P

But I agree it was a fun spell nothing more I would like to see it back as a glyph though, because at least the option is there for people.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    abilities that are worthless (like e.g. Holy Wrath for my prot pally).
    Uhh no. I don't think you understand how to prot if you think it's worthless.

I agree that the issue with hunters was rotational and situational bloat in both PvE and PvP, and that Eyes of the Beast wasn't part of the problem. Turning Trap Launcher into a toggle and removing Immo trap were both things that tried to address rotational/situational bloat. But then they removed abilities that didn't even need to be hotkeyed.

What really blows my mind is that we lost EotB, but still have Eagle Eye and Feed Pet as out of combat abilities, and that our pets themselves have "fun," useless abilities in Trick and Play.

What they need to look at, in my opinion, are NOT out of combat fun/utility abilities, but our cooldowns and abilities like Distracting Shot that could be handy and so are often hotkeyed or on our bars, yet work on barely any fights, or like Widow Venom, the healing reduction that is usually applied passively (as part of rotational abilities) by other classes that have access to the debuff, while we have to weave it into our rotation if we want to keep the debuff up.

"Bloat" should never be a problem with extremely situational, out of combat, fun abilities. "Bloat" is a problem when it is affecting rotation or combat in some way. EotB was not causing "bloat" problems.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    "Bloat" should never be a problem with extremely situational, out of combat, fun abilities. "Bloat" is a problem when it is affecting rotation or combat in some way. EotB was not causing "bloat" problems.
    This^^ it seems a rather odd thing to say when warlocks still have Eye of kilrog which has even less use than EotB i used Eye of kilrog for the first time in..... well i cant remember the last time i used it till the green fire quest chain came along

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    I loved that spell, having it back like a glyph would be nice
    having it back as a spell would be even nicer

GC and friends have a very clear view on anything that doesn't directly apply to PVE or PVP content. They aren't even making April Fools jokes anymore because it's a waste of time to develop. This kind of attitude depresses me.

"It's not useful, REMOVE IT"

I could make a list of fun spells and effects that had no impact on gameplay that were removed and I miss if I wanted to.

The latest casualty was path of blossoms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    I think this kind of thread would pop up for virtually any skill in the game if it was removed.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Eye of the Beast was a fantastic ability, and calling it 'bloat' shows that crawler is a fun-hating amoeba of a developer.

I used it for scouting, to pull Geddon, ganking lowbies, pet tanking (when it was still good) to position boss/adds.. I miss Eye of the Beast alot.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    I think this kind of thread would pop up for virtually any skill in the game if it was removed.
    Funny, I don't see a lot of paladins longing for the 'good old days' when they used to buff 40 man raids with 5 minute buffs, auto attacked for almost all of their damage, and where paladins even attempting to tank was laughable.

Deleted
    Back in the day I used to use Eyes of the beast when boosting a friends alt in a lower level dungeon. Pull the whole dungeon with your pet was amazing

Though if you'd like an actual example, there are no hunters missing aspect of the fox or aspect of the monkey. Or even aspect of nature.

It was honestly, it never even made sense. Our pets are suposed to be our partners, not our mind slaves. They could bring it back as a minor glyph for all i care but it def had little to no use.

Hunters are still stuck with a massive bloat of situational or flat out useless abilities tough.

Quote Originally Posted by Calamari View Post
    Eye of the Beast was a fantastic ability, and calling it 'bloat' shows that crawler is a fun-hating amoeba of a developer.

I used it for scouting, to pull Geddon, ganking lowbies, pet tanking (when it was still good) to position boss/adds.. I miss Eye of the Beast alot.
    Actually, it would make surgically pulling the bridge trash in ToT (since my guild is unreasonably terrified of it after having no idea how to do it the first night ToT was out) with my pet much easier. Right now I'm doing it with Move to- Passive - wait for add to aggro -Follow.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Though if you'd like an actual example, there are no hunters missing aspect of the fox or aspect of the monkey. Or even aspect of nature.
    Exactly. Fox and Monkey were actual combat bloat.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    It was honestly, it never even made sense. Our pets are suposed to be our partners, not our mind slaves. They could bring it back as a minor glyph for all i care but it def had little to no use.

Hunters are still stuck with a massive bloat of situational or flat out useless abilities tough.
    I think the problem here only comes from the way the ability was visually presented. The intent, as far as I understood, was that we used our partnership and connection with our pet to see through their eyes while they went without us and did something-- while the player control swapped to the pet, the hunter character was not "mind controlling" the pet.
    Last edited by Daetur; 2013-04-11 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post

I agree. Feed Pet for example. That could go. Beast lore. Anyone who is out to train a pet already knows what kinda of pet they are after. Eagle Eyes. Cute spell to see far away, but there are telescopes that do the same thing. The should remove the bloat and give hunters something useful, and do like they've done to every other class and make the "fun stuff" into a glyph.

Glyph of Control Beast.