Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Fun was detected, nerfed.

If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    You can keep it if you can think of a single decent use for it.

Hunters have way too many skills to use as it is, its a hot key nightmare.
    Show me the class that isn't a hotkey nightmare?
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    In my (admittedly cynical opinion) it sometimes looks like that's where they're heading with all the classes.
    How many buttons do you think hunters had during vanilla? They have more now....

| Warrior Moderator | Protection Warrior Weakaura Group |

GC operates in a little OCD box of mathematical equality. Decisions are made are made in isolated environment to make everything be nice and neat on the stat sheets. Eg every class needs to have the same amount of non-combat 'fun' abilities, regardless of the quality and nature of the ability itself.

The whole 'homogenizing, streamlining, simplifying, equalzing', mentality that has permeated throughout WoW development since GC took over has been terrible for the game. GC would be probably be excellent as an accountant, making sure everything lines up nice and neat and fits perfectly into his stat boxes.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Well they don't allow fun, we know that. Nothing new.

It was too fun apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWashu View Post
    Show me the class that isn't a hotkey nightmare?
    Paladins /10char
    Hate people who read https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ and immediately think they're debate kings.

I'm trying to imagine what Ghostcrawler wouldn't consider bloat.
    Hollywood does what it can and the cinema goers suffer what they must.

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    This. Street is a completely one-dimensional retard. He directs the game to cater to 5 or 10% of subscribers neglecting anything else, most likely he belonged/belongs to that minority. Wish Blizzard was as strict about getting rid of morons as Microsoft is...
    Totaly!
    I've got the feeling that GC turns has tunnel vision syndrome and only see the WoW in term of stats and dps. So a big part of each patch is about buffing this, nerfing this... and removing everything that isn't combat related. Now every class got the same exact abilities. Everyone got healing abilities, every combat rez is the same (remember when DK rez turned the player into a ghoul ? Ok it wasn't useful, but it was FUN!)

So what next ? Removing pickpocket because it's bloated ? WORLD of warcraft turned into INSTANCE of warcraft with focus only on fighting.
    Hopefuly they are slowly began to realize it's not a good long-term strategy and are trying to reverse that with MoP but imho it's too little, too late.

I ADORED THAT SPELL. RUNNING AROUND in durotar killing people on 1% after duels, with my awesome crab... thoose days are over (
    Or running around like ure patrolling with a RP name on your pig, making low lvl's attack it, were after you could kill them!.

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    This. Street is a completely one-dimensional retard. He directs the game to cater to 5 or 10% of subscribers neglecting anything else, most likely he belonged/belongs to that minority. Wish Blizzard was as strict about getting rid of morons as Microsoft is...
    Totaly!
    I've got the feeling that GC has tunnel vision syndrome and only see the WoW in term of stats and dps. So a big part of each patch is about buffing this, nerfing this... and removing everything that isn't combat related. Now every class got the same exact abilities. Everyone got healing abilities, every combat rez is the same (remember when DK rez turned the player into a ghoul ? Ok it wasn't useful, but it was FUN!)

So what next ? Removing pickpocket because it's bloated ? WORLD of Warcraft turned into INSTANCE of Warcraft with focus only on fighting.
    Hopefuly they are slowly began to realize it's not a good long-term strategy and are trying to reverse that with MoP but imho it's too little, too late.

Thumbs down Lame

Hunters have way too many skills to use as it is, its a hot key nightmare.
    Not sure if serious or not..but Hunters have the LEAST hot keys..out of every damm Classes..1 to keep up focus..3-4 attacks as basic..2-3 from perks talent..and 3 traps..yeah..not sure if serious or not..

stop removing vanity spells already. Makes me sad... qq

I miss sense demons for warlocks and underwater breathing for shamans. they were nice lore skills.

people who think things should be rotationally useful or gtfo are the reason we can't have nice things.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    How many buttons do you think hunters had during vanilla? They have more now....
    Lolololol, Rofl, Lolololololol. Rofl, Looooooooool. Rofl..

Yeah I saw this as well and it reaffirmed my belief that GC is a fucking tool.

When we said get rid of the 50k short cooldowns we didnt mean the fun abilities. The ones that dont actually contribute to fights.

Fuck having it as a glyph just give us the spell back. Nerfing fun is something thats relatively high on their agenda as of late.

Quote Originally Posted by guff View Post
    stop removing vanity spells already. Makes me sad... qq
    This..serious if it just is a Vanity spell then there is no freaking reason to remove it..

Quote Originally Posted by Noorri View Post
    Ardent Defender is removed. Having 3-4 "damage reduced" cooldowns is bloat. Better to have 2 baseline and one more you can talent for.
    Indeed.
    Fun non-combat related abilites are welcome, because if you don't like them you can always keep them in your spellbook.
    But what's the point of having multiple damage reduction spell ?
    Palatanks have:
    _ Guardian of Anciens Kings: 50% less damage for 12 sec. 3mn cd
    _ Devotion Aura: 20% less magical damage for 6 sec, raid wise. 3mn cd
    _ Divine Protection: 40% less magical damage for 10 sec. 1mn cd
    _ Ardent defender: 20% less physical damage for 10 sec + prevent one death. 2mn cd
    _ Sacred shield: absorb upcoming damage, no cd.
    _ plus others heals / hands / bubble etc.

THAT'S BLOATED

Why not just 1-2 spell with short cooldown instead ?

Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world in my head.
    I loved t hat spell.
    As a Hunter I was so sad when it vanished, in fact there are many spells that I wish back, like the Warlock's Sense Demons, the Paladin's Sense Undead, (not to mention, diving a Sense Elementals spell to the Shaman, and perhaps a "enslave" kind of spell, like the Warlock and Death Knight has) I miss these spells and really want them back.
    I never understood why they removed these fun spells, considering they did a lot of work on the glyphs to allow for more "fun" with your spells.

Use stealth pet to scout areas behind elite packs? I mean really, if it's good enough to save Eye of Kilrogg...
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Yeah I saw this as well and it reaffirmed my belief that GC is a fucking tool.

When we said get rid of the 50k short cooldowns we didnt mean the fun abilities. The ones that dont actually contribute to fights.

Fuck having it as a glyph just give us the spell back. Nerfing fun is something thats relatively high on their agenda as of late.
    Yeah, you're right. He's a tool, a fucking tool. And they're doing all they can to remove fun. They hate vanity spells, that's why they add stuff in the game like the pick pocket glyph.

Oh wait. There you have it. They don't hate fun. They just hate hunters! Actually, they probably don't even hate hunters, they just hate you and they do bad stuff to hunters because GC lives off of ruining your day. As if the gazillions of dollars he makes weren't enough to make him happy, that greedy jerk. Now that's a tool, isn't he!